R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-26-2005, 01:41 AM   #11086
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey with the Tamiya shocks. should I remove the riser plate. Having a hard time to get my ride hight proper.

Hey does anyone know the part number for the update for the tweeks screws for the top deck. when I went to a race. one of the guy's that was running a MI2 showed me his. I noticed them. I don't even have the insert in my manual, that he had. I sort of need the number so that my LHS can order them.
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:28 AM   #11087
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrrus
Hey with the Tamiya shocks. should I remove the riser plate. Having a hard time to get my ride hight proper.

Hey does anyone know the part number for the update for the tweeks screws for the top deck. when I went to a race. one of the guy's that was running a MI2 showed me his. I noticed them. I don't even have the insert in my manual, that he had. I sort of need the number so that my LHS can order them.
Do you mean the riser under the arms? No you shouldn't need to, do you have the low carpet tower's?? If not, and you are using the std towers, you need to put longer ball ends on the shocks.

Iain
Iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:43 AM   #11088
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Bender, the white ballcups are just RPM ballcups. The white color is just a fashion statement. I have run them on my car, and it does take a little slop out of the front end ( compared to well used BallGrippa's) IMHO, Ballgrippa's hold better, but the RPM's take some slop away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
Guys, I see a few cars with those white ball cups on them. What brand are they? Are they RPM ones?

Iain and I run very similar set ups (can't be exactly the same because he has the Teemu chassis and has been running a spool lately), but when I drive his car it is just noticeably better than mine - especially in steering.

I have been thinking that it's possibly the slop in my steering that could be a problem. My car has heaps of steering slop - not from wear - it was like that after the first time I raced it. It's also impossible to keep the steering centered. Could this slop be causing all of the problems I'm havng with setup?

Do the white ballcups have less slop (and last longer)?
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 05:44 AM   #11089
Tech Champion

Great runs for the new car at the IIC. For 3 out of 3 cars making the show in one class or another really speaks volumes for both the cars and thier pilots....
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
Old 09-26-2005, 06:10 AM   #11090
Tech Apprentice

Congrats to Paul for an awesome job @ iic.It couldn't happen to a nicer guy!
bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:01 AM   #11091
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Chico

Thanks for the info Adrian.

Will pauls foam set up be posted any where soon do you know?
Old 09-26-2005, 07:18 AM   #11092
Tech Regular

Does anybody know a online hobby shop that has parts for the MI2? I know Speedtech does, but they have nothing in stock right now, and I need a couple of parts for this weekend.

Any help would be great.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:30 AM   #11093
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

www.racing-cars.com

Almost everything is in stock for the Mi2...
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 09:59 AM   #11094
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew85
What this new car i am hearing about??? I was thinking of getting a Mi2 and went shuis website and saw a new one?? But it looks almost the same??
It look similar but about 60% of the parts on the EC are all new.

New Chassis, Top Deck, Towers
New Diff Housings and Lay shaft Mounts
New shocks
New Drive train (Diffs, lay shafts are the same)
New Rear Hub and Front Hub
New Wheel Hexes

There are a lot of spec details that are being ironed out now. The October News letter will have a full rundown on the EC Car's parts spec and price.

If you want to get one on order you can Pre-order them now:

K058 - Schumacher Mi2EC - Price - TBD
Old 09-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #11095
Tech Champion

Got back from Vegas last night. Still trying to catch up on sleep. PW and Teemu did great. Weylin drove awesome. He set his car down from the start and it was strapped. He made a few minor changes to cope with the massive amount of grip. 2 A mains for him and an A main in Mod Rubber for PW and and A main in Mod Foam for Teemu. My starting setup wasn't so good. I went to Weylin's setup on Thursday and picked up a lot. The car was very good. I need more track time on carpet to really be highly competitive on it. I ended up in the c main for 19 turn rubber and after a really tough start, from 8th, I ended up 2nd. The car was far better on carpet than I am. First time experience though on carpet, so I'm happy with that.

I'm really looking forward to the new car. I think Weylin was running the standard drive train but PW and Teemu both had the new car and it looked awesome on the track once they got it dialed in.

Thanks to PW, Teemu, Weylin, and all the Schumacher drivers for the help this last week. I had the least carpet experience (none) of all of us and I needed it. It's great to be part of a team like that.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:12 PM   #11096
Tech Champion

Jon, you hooked on the rug now ?Now come on down here for the snowbirds....
Old 09-26-2005, 01:57 PM   #11097
Tech Regular

Does any body have Paul's carpet setup that he ran in vegas, or know where I can get it from.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:27 PM   #11098
Tech Champion

Paul has it...lol! He is at about 35,000ft over Kansas right now. He will be back in the office on Wednesday after a much deserved day off.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:23 PM   #11099
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
It look similar but about 60% of the parts on the EC are all new.

New Chassis, Top Deck, Towers
New Diff Housings and Lay shaft Mounts
New shocks
New Drive train (Diffs, lay shafts are the same)
New Rear Hub and Front Hub
New Wheel Hexes

There are a lot of spec details that are being ironed out now. The October News letter will have a full rundown on the EC Car's parts spec and price.

If you want to get one on order you can Pre-order them now:

K058 - Schumacher Mi2EC - Price - TBD
Adrian,

Any idea of an approximate release date?? I have someone that may be interested in my Mi2? And don't want to be too long with out a car?

I hope new diff housing's mean that they will be easy access??

Iain
Iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 04:22 PM   #11100
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'd like to thank Jon Kerr's 31t pinion gear for powering me to my 3rd place finish in stock rubber . Hmmm, Charlie still has my 31t...

Riding Bikes | Skiing | Helis | Rotor Rage | Cyclone Blades | RC Trim | Dead Kat Raceway
mini-dub is offline   Reply With Quote