R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-20-2002, 09:05 AM   #1096
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Racer X- Which 12th scale are you running for the nats? Are you going to run it next weekend? Bigdog and I are going to run 12th scale next weekend. I know nothing about these cars so I'm just going to have Mo hook me up with a set up and I'm going to drive it to victory or the parts counter...LOL
Old 01-20-2002, 04:31 PM   #1097
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

STL: I'm going to run the Corally that I did a review on in the current months issue. I need to make some changes (stiffen it up some) and bolt on a shock and it should be ready to go. Batteries may be the problem though. The only packs that I currently have might not make the time...I hope to test it next Sat.
SpeedWorld Raceway Roseville CA.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2002, 11:06 PM   #1098
Tech Adept

Talking WOW WOW WOW

Man I love this car!!! I used Adrians med/low setup with a few slight mods to it and I was glued!!!!!!!!!! This was also my first Elec. Touring car race (moving on from gas offroad) I did OK I guess had a chance of winning the B but driver error prevented that one. I turned MANY heads including ALL the slosi drivers. Also the guys with A2's at the track are dying to get this car.

As for my question about transponder mount, I solved that. I used an AE graphite tranny brace ( I believe for GT) I will get the part # for it , but it fit in the front and looks SWEET. Inline with the top plate and has same weave. Looks as if it BELONGS there. I will post pics if I could figure out how to do it w/out having to post a link to it ( I can't get file size down) Again..WOW is this car SWEET!
wilson10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 12:08 AM   #1099
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to tc3driver
Default this is more of a general question but...

I do own a shcumacher

do you all think that you should spray out the bearings and not oil them ( just try an keep the extremely clean)

or take them appart spray them out, and use a light oil (like royal oil, or tribotech)

thanx in advance
tc3driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 02:16 AM   #1100
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JesseT

Use oil. Never run them dry or you will further shorten heir short life span. When they are ready to be replaced, get some descent ones. You will not regret it.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 08:44 AM   #1101
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Hey wilson, that sounds great.....

TC3driver....I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but I really like the ZX1 lube (G200) that Schumacher sells. I pull one side of the bearing seals out and clean them with a RPM bearing blaster, I then keep them oiled with the ZX1 and they seem to last a good while.

PW

Last edited by PW; 01-21-2002 at 08:47 AM.
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 10:34 AM   #1102
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Yeah it may have sounded like a sales pitch, but it really is good stuff for bearings. IMHO better than Trinity Royal oil.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2002, 04:50 PM   #1103
Tech Regular

Default New Screws

I've just pulled my brand spankin' new mission out of the plastic (and as you all know, it looks great!). But I already want to tinker. Is it possible to replace the standard self tapping screws with normal M3xwhatever countersunk metric screws with allen heads? I think I've seen this mod on Adrians car. Do these grip the plastic bulkheads enough? Ofcourse I would run a tap though first, what do you take me for?!
I can't wait to build this thing, take it to the nats and kick ass!
BagofSkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 01:09 AM   #1104
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JesseT

I did that too. Get 10 M3x12 50 M3x10 and 10 M3x8 screws. All counter sunk hex machine screws. Then you're covered.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 01:21 AM   #1105
Tech Regular

Thanks JesseT. I bought the screws on the way home anyway and after opening the bags I see the plastic is really good quality composite injected , plus all of the ball joints are metric in plastic so I'm continuing the build now, moving onto the rear supension. You all know it, but this kit is great. Being my first Schumacher I was plesantly suprised by the quality of the box, box art, and instruction manual. Unfortunatly I'm put off by the simple holes cut for the cells in the chassis. I thoght everyone had moulded trays these days! Still, I'll get used to it, and besides, even the Yok guys will freak when they see my retaining bar!
Old 01-22-2002, 02:09 AM   #1106
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Oasis2001

BagOfSkill-Great to hear your loving the car. Im glad I was able to help you out and get you to enjoy one of the best cars around. I was quite impressed when building just by the thought that has gone into the kit. Just the little things that make the difference.

One tip. When srewing in pivot balls in lower suspension arms into the hubs, be careful not to screw to far in. If you do the scrw will hit the universal and rub on it. Just check for that when building.
Oasis2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2002, 08:07 AM   #1107
Tech Regular

I've pretty much finished the kit, and It's great. I have a long backround in professional motorsport so the little touches really impress me too. That's why I loved my Corally so much. The only real problem I've had is that the pivot ball in the lower right front whishbone wasn't manufactured properly and doesn't have a hex in it, only a 2mm circle. I guess thats not as bad as a friends losi that came with 2 rear and no front bulkheads!

Last edited by BagofSkill; 01-22-2002 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-23-2002, 09:08 AM   #1108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

My mission came in yesterday, and even the box is cooler then the old cars
Old 01-23-2002, 01:01 PM   #1109
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: Traction rolling...

Quote:
Originally posted by JesseT
was having trouble with traction rolling. Well I did the usual stuff...
JesseT - did you found the answer to your traction rolling problem already??? I experienced the same problem last weekend using the following setup. Front Yellow spring 80wt 1 hole no sway upper hole on bulkhead short links, Rear red spring 80wt 2 hole no sway upper on bulkhead short links.

Adding the sways made the problem worse! Using the outer shock mounts on the lower arms did not much good also!
Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 02:04 PM   #1110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Schumacher USA is now distributing Alclad Paints. Their claim to fame is the fact that they have developed a real chrome paint. They also make clolr shifting prismatic paints like on Mustang Cobras and PT Cruisers. Check out the pick of the body I just painted.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg this is chrome 2.jpg (57.0 KB, 157 views)
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote