R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-23-2005, 04:05 PM   #11071
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01
is the teemu chassis good on carpe racing.
yeah it is good. better than the std one beacuse it is thinker.
bob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 06:31 PM   #11072
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

how thik is the teemu chassis and how thik is the BMI chassis. would the teemu chassis be as god as the bmi chasis on caret if it had the solid top deck.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:11 AM   #11073
Tech Adept

Hi Guy's,

Thought I'd let you know about my state title's last weekend. Basically anything that could go wrong, did. Qualifying was 6 rounds, 4 Saturday then 2 Sunday and the finals. Broke a belt in the first qualifier, this was impressive, I've still got it and will try to take pics, shredded it too bits. 2nd qualifer, I had a wheel come off..... I finished the 3rd and 4th qualifer's but just wasn't on the pace. Also, after the 3rd round, I discovered a inner race in the rear hub bearing was broken causing binding and the rear hub to melt, so had to get new hubs and replace the bearing with new.

Sunday, feeling better about the day, was in 14th overall, 5th qualifer, had a great run going, on A6 pace, and then, the rear bearing siezed and couldn't finish the race. Thats right one of the new ones had broken the inner race!!! Whether I tighted the nuts on too much causing pressure?? But it hasn't happen since, so it might've been a dodgy bearing I got.....

So, going into the last qualifier, confident that I was able to do the times I needed to make the A, on an A6/A7 pace the whole way, made a couple of small bobbles to drop onto A9, and then on the last lap, my speedy decide's it's too hot and goes into thermal shutdown, it didn't completely shutdown, just intermittent throttle bursts, which slowed my last lap enough, that I missed out on the A.....

So there you go, pretty dissapointing weekend, with that I was ready to give up on the car and sell it, until this weekend came..... I'll report that in a new post.....

Iain
Iain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:41 AM   #11074
Tech Adept

This weekend, we had the 2nd round of the interclub challenge at Wynumm, 19t on Saturday went well, finished 4th, a little bit dissapointed to miss out on the podium, but looking ok for Mod on Sunday.

I broke a belt in my first practice run, so replaced that car handling very nicely. First round, a tyre came unglued. 2nd round, had a clash with a car in the 1st lap which cost me 4secs, but still did a time only 7 secs off TQ. Firmly in the A, I thought I would make a change just for the heck of it. So I took off both sway bars, and proceeded to go out and set TQ, and do the first and only 19 lapper at Wynumm!!! I had the thermal problems with the speedy, on the last lap but it didn't affect me taking TQ.

The 1st A, I led all the way until the speedy did it's thermal thing, which allowed 2nd to pass and take the win. I still took 2nd place.

2nd A, I got absolutely shafted in the 1st corner, down to 9th, fought back a fair way, but made a few mistakes and only finished 5th. Lucky the guy that won the 1st main, didn't win, so I was still in with a chance.

3rd A, get a good start, needing to win to secure first, and 3rd hits 2nd in the first corner, which means I get a good buffer, and I was able to pull away and control the gap, driving nice and smoothly for the win, only missing 19laps again by 0.5sec.

So I TQ'd and won and am the only person to achieve 19 laps on that track..

I am going to try and get a delrin 20t pulley, to see if I can ease my belt breakages. Maybe the alloy one is too hard, or got a tiny chip in causing it to cut the belts, even though it looks ok.

But I'll be eagerly waiting the EC, any idea how long it will be??

Iain
Old 09-25-2005, 01:22 PM   #11075
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys, I see a few cars with those white ball cups on them. What brand are they? Are they RPM ones?

Iain and I run very similar set ups (can't be exactly the same because he has the Teemu chassis and has been running a spool lately), but when I drive his car it is just noticeably better than mine - especially in steering.

I have been thinking that it's possibly the slop in my steering that could be a problem. My car has heaps of steering slop - not from wear - it was like that after the first time I raced it. It's also impossible to keep the steering centered. Could this slop be causing all of the problems I'm havng with setup?

Do the white ballcups have less slop (and last longer)?
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:06 PM   #11076
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

To those that run a 64 pitch spur what brand are you using and do I need an adapter?
ERC
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 03:47 PM   #11077
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKeasler
To those that run a 64 pitch spur what brand are you using and do I need an adapter?
I believe the RW spurs are whet a lot of people use, I use them in 48p and they are excellent. And yes you need an adaptor, it is part no - U2744.

Iain
Old 09-25-2005, 09:35 PM   #11078
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Chico

Hey Guys, I just got a MI2 last week, and I was wondering if you could run the car with out the top belt adjuster?

It seems to make my belt looser with out it, but I am not sure if runing the car with out it. Will make the belt rub against the top plate.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:49 PM   #11079
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chico
Hey Guys, I just got a MI2 last week, and I was wondering if you could run the car with out the top belt adjuster?

It seems to make my belt looser with out it, but I am not sure if runing the car with out it. Will make the belt rub against the top plate.
Chico - Having a really loose front belt is bad as it delays the on throttle pull of the front wheels. I suggest running the top tensioner and running the lower one loose.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 09:54 PM   #11080
Tech Champion

Default PW put us over tha last hurdle....

PW came up with a really good foam setup at the IIC. He said he would put his car up against any other touring car on foam tires. Teemu put PW's setup on his car and put his Mi2 in the A-Main on the following run.

Asphalt or Carpet, Foam or Rubber...The Mi2 is now fast everywhere!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:17 PM   #11081
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Chico:

Hi,

Will we see you at Nick's?????? we're hopin I want to see that Mi2 rip!!!!
Life is short - live it! Your only old when your dreams are replaced by regrets.
TimXLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:32 PM   #11082
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
PW came up with a really good foam setup at the IIC. He said he would put his car up against any other touring car on foam tires. Teemu put PW's setup on his car and put his Mi2 in the A-Main on the following run.

Asphalt or Carpet, Foam or Rubber...The Mi2 is now fast everywhere!
Hey just curious, I notice that teemu was running both the ec and the reg(or seems in the photos. from IIC) Well any my Question is the set up that PW came up wtih ment for the REG for the EC Mi2. Thanks
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:43 PM   #11083
Tech Champion

All Teemu's, PW's and Weylin's cars were EC's but I think PW and Teemu's foam cars had some of the EC parts removed. PW will fill in the details over the next few days....
Old 09-26-2005, 12:25 AM   #11084
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What this new car i am hearing about??? I was thinking of getting a Mi2 and went shuis website and saw a new one?? But it looks almost the same??
drew85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 01:22 AM   #11085
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

looks the same, but it has hop ups, different drive train and may more things.