R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-06-2001, 07:36 PM   #91
Tech Elite

WOW, are we ready for this. Hell yes, I am. Current car is great, but this new TC has got to be it. Everyone has got to be excited.
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2001, 08:35 PM   #92
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Schumacher definitly isn't one for resisting change. I willing to bet that this will be another National champion. It just doesn't seem to matter how many drivers they lose to Yokomo, Losi, and Associated, the team just keeps winning. The car looks nice, I have no doubt it will handle well.
Old 09-07-2001, 08:32 AM   #93
Tech Rookie

cornerspeed, will you get a car before the fall classic? ordered mine yesterday. cant wait till drivers like your-self and racerx start to race them, this site is going to get big, real fast. see you in a couple of weeks.
axisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 11:51 AM   #94
Ty
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

AXISMAN,
How much was the new Schumacher Mission car? And which version do you have fiberglass or graphite? Does the graphite one come with any extras like threaded shock bodies?
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 12:10 PM   #95
Tech Elite

axisman- I probably wont have the car by then. I will get the car the same time everyone else will. I have been analyzing the pictures very close. It looks like the upper suspension mounts will bolt the trans housing down and seperate holes on the upper trans housing to lock the upper deck. I like that. Layout will be close to the 99 car as far as chassis flex which is another plus. They really did thier homework on this one.
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 12:56 PM   #96
Tech Rookie

Cool

ty; called schumacher yesterday and placed my order, (got the c/f chassie) schumacher did not ask for deposit and i did not ask how much.(to scared to ask!!!). paul said the shocks are alloy but not threaded. i would invest in the threaded shocks. however i am not the person to ask about what the car will need. stay tuned to the site, the people that know, will let us all know. (nice thing about owning a shuie).
axisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 01:06 PM   #97
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Transmission - For those of you that aren't sure
The long belt runs from front to rear diff. The rear diff is twin track therefor the short belt then runs from layshaft to rear diff. This means there is only one pulley on the layshaft. The only downside to this is loosing the ABS.

Cornerspeed, I think you are correct that there are long screws through bulkhead into transmissions. Then the top deck screws to the bulkheads. It is believed that this will minimise the possible tweak.

The only differences between the 2 versions are the chassis/mount materials.

The car is due end of October in the UK. I guess it will be about a week after that in the US.

The UK prices are 209.99 S1, 259.99 Carbon. This compares to 169.99 for the current Axis 2.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 02:05 PM   #98
che
Tech Regular

Default New Mission.

I believe they are also calling the Graphite kit the 'PRO Kit' and include extras such as sway bars, etc.
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 02:10 PM   #99
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Retail for the Pro will be $279.99, didn't get a retail for the S1 car, but it should be about the same as the current car (I THINK its $229.99). Keep in mind that the new car, in both forms, now INCLUDES the alloy motor mount (and the sway bars and BB steering and TC diff balls) so even if it is slightly more expensive, it will probably cost less once you hit the total key.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 03:33 PM   #100
Tech Master

ATTENTION PAUL WYNN.

Hi Paul,

Good to see you got my message.

Glad to see you have come up in the Rc world, and yes I did hear you were married - that's amazing isn't it from so far across the globe. News travels!!!

I was dumbstruck just this evening. Josh only did 2 or 3 meetings last year - other interests taking precedence. He plays lots of rugby. He has taken his driving licence, inherited my Mini Cooper S - not the one in the avatar - that's the one I race at present, and has already written it off and is busy building another one.

Well I started driving RC - remember I am now 55 - some 3 or 4 years ago, and I am always busy preparing peoples cars, selling bits etc.

Well just this afternoon as I was preparing my bits to go down to the track, Josh got his TC3 out of the cupboard, dusted it down and came along with me. I couldn't believe it. He was mighty quick straight away too. Now I need some of his mates to persuade him to do the forthcoming championship.

It's almost midnight here and I have just come to the shop to pull his TC3 apart and do some work on it. It certainly needs it, having been left standing for so long.

Anyway good to hear you're OK. Despite the heart bypass and all the other ailments I'm still pretty well and active. The model car business is good. I still do quite a bit with Schumacher, though I don't sell many of their cars - the MR4 and the TC3 are the cars people want out here. However the new Mission looks interesting.

Keep in touch.

Joe from sunny Malta.
johnbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2001, 11:23 PM   #101
Tech Elite
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by cornerspeed
WOW, are we ready for this. Hell yes, I am. Current car is great, but this new TC has got to be it. Everyone has got to be excited.
Don,

Heading down to San Diego this weekend. Any racing going on down there????

Let me know.

Later
MDawson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 09:59 AM   #102
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to AE_Racer

well, I raced last night...red springs, both oneways, takeoff CS27s

1st heat: was doing good, only me and an HPI sport on the track(Everybody else wrecked out I guess), come out on front sttretch, car just stops sorda like its glitching, turnmarshal picks it up, seees nothing wrong...so i take my car back to pit, run to turnmarshal for next race, go back, take out motor, nothing wrong, then look over car, front belt IS FLIPPED OVER! so, I get it fixed...finished 2nd BTW

2nd heat: start out first and runaway with it, easy win

B Main: qualified 2nd, there was another Axis 2 and a really hooked up MR4, they just left from me and never returned, finished 3rd....

Now, this was my first race with that car, and with a car with oneways, I look forward to my next race!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Schumacher Are I GOD!
AE_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 10:39 AM   #103
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

AE: Time to change the name...and congrats. It only gets faster from here
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 11:41 AM   #104
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to AE_Racer

bwahahah...change my name?? nah, this has always been my name, even when I had just my Atlas, oh, andybody have an extra Axis 2 they would trade for a YM34?
AE_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2001, 07:06 PM   #105
Tech Apprentice

Time to get the MISSION.

Anyone wants a SST99Pro?
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote