R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-10-2005, 04:08 PM   #10276
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

The car was killer in the main. Too many mistakes cost me a higher finishing position. Had some major trouble in qualifying that cost me a chassis. (Good thing it was only my stock 2.0) The RP 30's were dialed yesterday. Even when it got cold. The whole race was pretty fun. Hell froze over for one round lastnight as one of the local guys TQ'ed for one round.....that's like saying I won at speedworld. His car was dialed in stock though (RDX) 2nd place in mod was running a 19 turn and held his own on that track. Dominic F. was running a 6x1 and got yanked...LOL

Mo- Congrats on the win. Good thing the out of control TC4 didn't hit you too..
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:23 PM   #10277
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Good job guys.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #10278
Tech Elite
 
Jack Smash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 2,889
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

My debut with my Schuie didnt happen. Showed up and the car was glitching. Changed recievers and it went away for 1 run. Car was good and was easily slicing through traffic. Glitch came back and tried switching to a 75 band setup and differnt motors and still no luck. Got to watch Mo put it down in the first heat and lap all the way up to second place.
__________________
Kyosho / Orion / Amain.com / Protek
Jack Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:07 PM   #10279
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

hey guys what shocks are better the ones that come with the mi2 or the trf shocks
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*AWESOMATIX * R1 WURKS * PLAIGE BEARINGS*
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 07:18 PM   #10280
Tech Fanatic
 
King-G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 837
Send a message via ICQ to King-G
Default

I didnt get to race on the weekend due to family comitments, but I did stew over the Bump steer topic a little.

Without testing, i can see how a little toe out in bump could reduce turn in understeer, in a similar way that some static toe out gives front end more initial bite. But with it being kind of reactive you dont get the added drag in the straight of toe out. It could be of benefit on tight tracks, as is running greater ackerman angle anyways.

General rule is the tighter the track the more Ackerman angle I run.

Not sure how far you'd want to go with it, as I think exessive bump out would be of detriment to Straight line stability over bumps and also Mid Corner as you wind lock on, with reduced lock on the front outer wheel during suspension compression.

The Initial steering gain could be of benefit when running a spool.

I will definately have a play with this next weekend at the track.

Last edited by King-G; 07-10-2005 at 07:30 PM.
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 08:55 PM   #10281
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW
Congrats to Jason Moberly and Clint Riley for their strong performance at this years 7th Annual 2005 REVO Race

results: http://www.riponspeedway.com/RaceRes...E9.txt&ID=1873
Congrats to STLNLST for becomming a man and running mod ....good run guys, lookd like it was a killer and fun race, wish I could've made it ...I'll have to keep in mind the Revo is 1st/2nd weekend in July and plan for it next year.
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 09:59 PM   #10282
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Congrats to STLNLST for becomming a man and running mod ....good run guys, lookd like it was a killer and fun race, wish I could've made it ...I'll have to keep in mind the Revo is 1st/2nd weekend in July and plan for it next year.
It's always a killer race. I ran mod and Rob was still in the B-main so now he can't say I was steal a position away from him... We had too much horse power for the layout we were running on. Aaron's 19 turn times weren't too far from Mo's mod times. I'm still running 19 turn at the regionals.......LOL
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #10283
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-G
I didnt get to race on the weekend due to family comitments, but I did stew over the Bump steer topic a little.

Without testing, i can see how a little toe out in bump could reduce turn in understeer, in a similar way that some static toe out gives front end more initial bite. But with it being kind of reactive you dont get the added drag in the straight of toe out. It could be of benefit on tight tracks, as is running greater ackerman angle anyways.

General rule is the tighter the track the more Ackerman angle I run.

Not sure how far you'd want to go with it, as I think exessive bump out would be of detriment to Straight line stability over bumps and also Mid Corner as you wind lock on, with reduced lock on the front outer wheel during suspension compression.

The Initial steering gain could be of benefit when running a spool.

I will definitely have a play with this next weekend at the track.
I think you hit it on the head with not going too far with it. Bump steer should be used only as a fine tuning tool. I think major changes could cause some very erratic handling because of the reactive nature of it.

One thing I did try Yesterday and really liked was the outer Ackerman hole on the bell cranks. It seemed to give the car more steering all around and actually seemed to stabilize it. For anyone who hasn't been to SoCal, it's an indoor asphalt banked oval track with an infield. There are usually transitions from the banking to the flat infield that can really upset the car. Especially when that transition is mid corner. When I put the Ackerman to the outer hole, the car stopped getting out of shape going through the rough transition. I'm not sure if it was just because I was hitting it better having more steering or not, but it worked.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2005, 10:01 PM   #10284
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01
hey guys what shocks are better the ones that come with the mi2 or the trf shocks
I wouldn't say that any of the two are better than the other. The Tamiya shocks are just easier to bleed. The stock shocks are fine and only need a slight modification to work with the lower carpet towers. The Tamiya's are a direct fit to the carpet towers.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 12:03 AM   #10285
Tech Elite
 
cornerspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,386
Default

Great job MO and Clint.

I finnally got my BMI MI2 working today. Looking forward to the racing ahead. Still haven't been able to test the overdrive. Hopefully next time.
__________________
Donny Vinkemulder
TLR Driver
TLR 8ight 3.0 - NovarossiUSA - Spektrum DX3R Pro - Losi Nitrotane VP 30% - Losi Lipo Batteries - Proline Tires - DE Racing - EKD Paint
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:53 AM   #10286
Tech Fanatic
 
rbboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: A L P I N A
Posts: 751
Send a message via MSN to rbboy Send a message via Yahoo to rbboy
Default

jon kerr: hello! many thanks for sending me the set-up you made... will re-do my car with-in the week and give yours a try. i was wondering, were you using the RJ RIDE Accord TSX? how were you able to mount the rear body post to the Accord without hitting the elevation for the wing? any modification? pls. post pics more power!

Carlo
__________________
www.xtremerchobbiesph.net
rbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:37 AM   #10287
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbboy
jon kerr: hello! many thanks for sending me the set-up you made... will re-do my car with-in the week and give yours a try. i was wondering, were you using the RJ RIDE Accord TSX? how were you able to mount the rear body post to the Accord without hitting the elevation for the wing? any modification? pls. post pics more power!

Carlo
Most of us are using the BMI shock towers so the body posts are on the towers. Most of the newer bodies can't be mounted using the existing rear body mounts.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:38 AM   #10288
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Great job MO and Clint.

I finnally got my BMI MI2 working today. Looking forward to the racing ahead. Still haven't been able to test the overdrive. Hopefully next time.
Thanks. When I use to run the Losi we only used the over drive on carpet with foams. I never tried it with rubber tire's. Let me know how it feels once you try it.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 08:25 AM   #10289
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Most of us are using the BMI shock towers so the body posts are on the towers. Most of the newer bodies can't be mounted using the existing rear body mounts.
Ding, ding, ding!
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 09:16 AM   #10290
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Hope all you Florida boys are OK. I don't know Florida Geography too well so I'm not sure who was in the path and who wasn't. Just hope everyone's safe.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-04-2006 12:12 AM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 11:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 11:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 07:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 03:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0