R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-20-2005, 04:57 AM   #10021
Tech Master
 
hobbipro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: West Palm Beach
Posts: 1,310
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

For those of you running aftermarket chassis (BMI, Teemu) what made you want to switch? I mean what is the advanagtes over stock? As far as I can tell the Teemu has the cells basically the same as the stock tray system(forward/inside), but is thicker. The BMI, I've never seen. I'm just not sure if these chassis would be better for asphault/tarmac, but maybe better for carpet since they are stiffer. Please enlighten me.
hobbipro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 06:53 AM   #10022
Tech Regular
 
Barry_Hughes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Ipswich, England
Posts: 418
Default

The Teemu chassis is thicker than the stock 2.5mm to 2mm. The cell position is inside back. This was deemed to be the optimum position.

I have found the stiffer chassis is better than the stock, though I do miss the option to fine tune the set up by moving the batteries.
__________________
Built it !
Raced it !
Wrecked it !
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 07:46 AM   #10023
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

It's just an option to have the two different chassis. I'm currently running the stock 2.0 chassis and I feel it's just as good as the 2.5mm chassis but if the traction is very high I will switch to the thicker chassis. I also like that I can move the battery around should I feel the need to. That can't be done with the other two chassis. I like the fact that I can tape my batteries in with the BMI chassis.....again personal preference not something that has to be done.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:14 AM   #10024
Tech Elite
 
speedxl's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland Oregon.
Posts: 3,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
It's just an option to have the two different chassis. I'm currently running the stock 2.0 chassis and I feel it's just as good as the 2.5mm chassis but if the traction is very high I will switch to the thicker chassis. I also like that I can move the battery around should I feel the need to. That can't be done with the other two chassis. I like the fact that I can tape my batteries in with the BMI chassis.....again personal preference not something that has to be done.
You can make the Teemu chassis somewhat adjustable by inlargi ng the slots, it would almost put the pack close to the center position of the stock chassis.
Just take the dremel and starting grinding. Note*** you dont cut the slots off!
Make the cross section of carbon about 3mm thick. It well probly move the cells
5mm forwared. I am sure Adrian or PW can post it in a more articulate way.

Good job this weekend PW.
__________________
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 04:32 PM   #10025
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: England, lincs
Posts: 317
Default

helo
can someone please post a pitcher of the bmi chassis, i would like to see what its like because i can't find it in the thread (my bad ) thanks bob
bob33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:11 PM   #10026
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Here's one of my assembled BMI car. You can see how much more narrow the chassis is and how much farther forward the cells are. I hope this is a small enough pic to upload.

Last edited by Jon Kerr; 06-07-2007 at 06:18 PM.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 05:27 PM   #10027
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

BTW- that's not the standard top deck that comes with the BMI chassis. It's a much more flexible deck. The standard deck is a sold deck that's much more rigid. This top deck helps on asphalt and lower grip tracks like we have out here I'm not sure if Jason has them available yet or not. I got mine a while back.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 07:47 PM   #10028
Tech Fanatic
 
P-DUB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 842
Default

The car is lookin pretty good Jon

Both top-decks are available with the chassis kit, just request which one you want
__________________
Larry Pryor
P-DUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 07:50 PM   #10029
Super Moderator
 
Tony Rivas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Kissimmee, Fl
Posts: 2,278
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
BTW- that's not the standard top deck that comes with the BMI chassis. It's a much more flexible deck. The standard deck is a sold deck that's much more rigid. This top deck helps on asphalt and lower grip tracks like we have out here I'm not sure if Jason has them available yet or not. I got mine a while back.
ya he still got some. Got mine this week can't wait to try it!!!
__________________
The "Dominican Assassin"
Sorry for the Spelling but you know what I mean.
Tony Rivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:15 PM   #10030
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedxl
You can make the Teemu chassis somewhat adjustable by inlargi ng the slots, it would almost put the pack close to the center position of the stock chassis.
Just take the dremel and starting grinding. Note*** you dont cut the slots off!
Make the cross section of carbon about 3mm thick. It well probly move the cells
5mm forwared. I am sure Adrian or PW can post it in a more articulate way.

Good job this weekend PW.
I have an adjustable 2.5 chassis so that gives me 4 chassis to play with
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 09:18 PM   #10031
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I have an adjustable 2.5 chassis so that gives me 4 chassis to play with
Yea STLNLST has gone from "car of the month" to "motor of the month" to "chassis of the month"
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:34 PM   #10032
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarshGuy
Yea STLNLST has gone from "car of the month" to "motor of the month" to "chassis of the month"
and all of them stayed ahead of you I normally let the Xray guys choose which chassis they would like to get beat with....LOL
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 11:49 PM   #10033
Tech Elite
 
A Ilievski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: A.C.T (Australia)
Posts: 2,593
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default

hi i was wondering what does BMI mean and also what would be the best hop ups to get for my Mi2
__________________
Alex Ilievski
*AWESOMATIX * R1 WURKS * PLAIGE BEARINGS*
A Ilievski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 12:23 AM   #10034
Tech Elite
 
cornerspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kid TT-01
hi i was wondering what does BMI mean and also what would be the best hop ups to get for my Mi2
BMI=Briener Machine, Inc.

Best hop-ups are TI Worlds CVD's, alloy or RW 20T pulley, Spool, Lowered shock towers, Alloy rear hub carriers
__________________
Donny Vinkemulder
TLR Driver
TLR 8ight 3.0 - NovarossiUSA - Spektrum DX3R Pro - Losi Nitrotane VP 30% - Losi Lipo Batteries - Proline Tires - DE Racing - EKD Paint
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2005, 10:11 AM   #10035
Tech Elite
 
speedxl's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Portland Oregon.
Posts: 3,876
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
and all of them stayed ahead of you I normally let the Xray guys choose which chassis they would like to get beat with....LOL
Your too much bro!
__________________
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
speedxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-04-2006 12:12 AM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 11:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 11:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 07:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 03:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:51 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0