R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-14-2005, 06:45 PM   #9946
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Matt how is racing in Korea? Robin Schumacher did a Nationals there on vacation...he TQ'd! If he hadn't dotted out in the main he would have been the 2003 Korean Nats champ!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:06 PM   #9947
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
Hey Matt how is racing in Korea? Robin Schumacher did a Nationals there on vacation...he TQ'd! If he hadn't dotted out in the main he would have been the 2003 Korean Nats champ!
I've only been able to attend one race, some big 23T race where I had to buy the motor there. I ended up TQ'ing and winning. The Korean Nationals are in august and I leave here August 4th so I won't have a chance to be the Korean National champion, LOL.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:19 PM   #9948
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
2 out of the 3 MI2 at the track made the A main. My oneway set up was dialed. I will post it once I have a little more energy to sit at this keyboard. I almost pulled off a 2nd overall finish. Both Barry Baker and I had a 2nd and a 3rd place finish going into the Third AAA main but he got the jump on me and won that heat while I finished 3rd yet again. 3rd overall wasn't bad at all on a new set up and the ONEWAY that Jon loves so much.....LOL Thanks again to PW for the dialed body. Barry did finish behind it in the 2nd AAA main
..I don't think it was the MI2 ..it was the tire/insert setup that put you there
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:11 PM   #9949
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Clint, all you Nor Cal boys, you feel the Earthquake tonight? We couldn't feel it down here but we are getting the Tsunami warnings We just had a quake down here in the Riverside area Sunday morning, a 5.4 or something. Hope you guys are OK up there.

For anyone who hasn't heard, there was a 7.4 earthquake about 90 miles west of Crescent City in Northern Cali, about 300 miles NW of San Fran. in the middle of ocean. They've put all of the west coast from San Diego to Alaska on a Tsunami warning/watch.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:18 PM   #9950
Tech Master

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz....snort.. smurple, huh? what?..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:18 PM   #9951
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
Hey Clint, all you Nor Cal boys, you feel the Earthquake tonight? We couldn't feel it down here but we are getting the Tsunami warnings We just had a quake down here in the Riverside area Sunday morning, a 5.4 or something. Hope you guys are OK up there.

For anyone who hasn't heard, there was a 7.4 earthquake about 90 miles west of Crescent City in Northern Cali, about 300 miles NW of San Fran. in the middle of ocean. They've put all of the west coast from San Diego to Alaska on a Tsunami warning/watch.

Thanks for the concern but that was no earthquake. That was a true PISTON fan celebrating really hard

Seriously though.....I didn't feel a thing. We are all fine up here in Sac.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:20 PM   #9952
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzz....snort.. smurple, huh? what?..... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
You running the Revo race at Ripon? I'm running mod instead of 19 turn for that race.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #9953
Tech Champion

OK, they just canceled the Tsunami warning. They made it out to be such a huge deal. I got a call from my sister and I checked the net and it was all over the USGS sites.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:25 PM   #9954
Tech Master

Of course! I have not missed a REVO in 3 years. I won't start now!

Mod? COME ON! SACK UP WILL YA! jeezzzzzz What's the matter? Scared to run in the class (19t) with all the competition?

Are you going to make it to Modesto Saturday night?

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:35 PM   #9955
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I hope to make it down for that race to debut my new (at least to me it will be) Mi2!!!
Old 06-14-2005, 10:08 PM   #9956
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advil
Of course! I have not missed a REVO in 3 years. I won't start now!

Mod? COME ON! SACK UP WILL YA! jeezzzzzz What's the matter? Scared to run in the class (19t) with all the competition?

Are you going to make it to Modesto Saturday night?
I'll be in L.A. this weekend. I wanted to take a week or two off anyway.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:16 PM   #9957
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If anyone needs, or knows of someone wanting a like new mi2, I have one up in the BST area....along with everything else I have that is RC....
Thanks
hogdaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 04:32 AM   #9958
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Guys, I've got a few more questions about some optional parts.

The alloy inboard suspension mounts - U2742 - Is there a reason why they aren't the same design as the stock items? And how much toe-in do they give you compared to the stock 1.5 or 3 degrees?

I saw on ebay someone selling a set of riser plates that are different to the ones I've got in my kit - as well as lifting up the suspension mounts they also appear to raise the diff bulkheads as well What is the idea behind this? - the only thing I can think of is that raising the diffs may improve the driveshaft angle a little, or is it to raise the camber link locations?

cheers,

Jason
FIR#2 - "You can't buy this much talent"
Durango Dex410 - Schumacher Cougar SV - Top Photon
bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 06:44 AM   #9959
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender
Guys, I've got a few more questions about some optional parts.

The alloy inboard suspension mounts - U2742 - Is there a reason why they aren't the same design as the stock items? And how much toe-in do they give you compared to the stock 1.5 or 3 degrees?

I saw on ebay someone selling a set of riser plates that are different to the ones I've got in my kit - as well as lifting up the suspension mounts they also appear to raise the diff bulkheads as well What is the idea behind this? - the only thing I can think of is that raising the diffs may improve the driveshaft angle a little, or is it to raise the camber link locations?

cheers,

Jason
U2742 will give you 2deg of toe-in (labeled 2.5deg ).

The riser plates with the diff riser is to raise the diff to straighten the driveshaft angle just like you mentioned. There are towers to go along with them to lower the camber/shock positions back to stock. This setup is only favored on the euro tracks (big/low traction).

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 07:51 AM   #9960
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Thanks for the concern but that was no earthquake. That was a true PISTON fan celebrating really hard

Seriously though.....I didn't feel a thing. We are all fine up here in Sac.
Wow did it happen while you guys were sleeping? Everybody asks how can we live with Hurricanes! We can see them comming. But Earthquakes and tsunami's thats a little too scary, esspecially if it happens while your sleeping.

Glad to see you guys are alright.