R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-12-2005, 09:31 AM   #9916
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
The new car doesn't tweak too easily so that problem is now gone.
The bumper holds up pretty well in stock form.
Are there any other issues that concern you at this time????
Thank your for taking the time to assure me that MI2 is in fact better than the old Axis. In My Opinion, I repeat My Opinion the Axis should have been recalled and I should've gotten my money back, but I bear no grudges. In fact I'm considering buying a MI2. It's also My Opinion that if all cars from Schumacher were of the same quality as the late Axis, Shcumacher wouldn't be in business today.

No issue that concerns me at this time, except. Do you know if there will be an interrim edition of the MI2 with the new shcumacher shocks I've heard rumours about and/or with the Teemu chassis? Or if that will be the new MI3?

Oh yeah, one other question. Do you know if I can safely assume that all setup sheets at the Schumacher web site are with the standard shocks, shock towers, chassis and other components.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 10:11 AM   #9917
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Geetoo Send a message via Yahoo to Geetoo

New Schumacher Touring Car

Check this out:

http://www.rczone.net/modules.php?na...rticle&sid=620
www.team-durango.com
www.actionhobbiesonline.net
Geetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 11:33 AM   #9918
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Well, i'll say it again. Unless things have changed very recently, there isn't likely to be a new kit any time soon.

That RC zone artical just made me laugh really. Just think about that suggested shaft/belt combo?? I really can't see any good reason for anyone doing it, and can't really see it working - too many compromises would be required.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:39 PM   #9919
Tech Addict

What this article basically says is that a new car will be out at the end of the year. Just as I've been told here.
It says, what we know, that the MI2 has been out for a long time. Knowing how often Schumacher releases new cars that makes me hesitate to buy the MI2 now.
It also says that team drivers are not using stock shocks or chassis. The shocks I knew about and it's pretty obvious that Leemu isn't using the stock chassis instead of the Leemu chassis, other team drivers might, I don't know.
But interesting reading, even if the belt and driveshaft idea is a bit far fetched.
andsetinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:45 PM   #9920
Tech Rookie

It would be pretty impossible to get the shaft running down the cars centre-line. The rear diff would require a complex moulding for the pulley and gear combination.

Don't think it is worth it.

Regards

Dan
dhamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #9921
Tech Regular

Re the Article, who ever wrote that has not been reading the BRCA National Results either

Two Modified Nationals run so far 2 Mi2's in the A Final at both rounds.
Not had that for as long while.

Chris Ashton & Teemu one A each & Kevin Brunsden making Both A's hardly not very good results latley is it
Barry_Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 01:11 PM   #9922
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Well, the mission was the top line car for a touch over 2 years. The Mi2 was released in Feb 2004, so not actually all that long ago.

I just think there are a lot of people guessing about what they think might or might not happen, without actually haveing any real knowledge of the situation.

I don't think there is any danger of seeing an updated Mi2 with shocks and chassis. If the factory was going to do that i think you would have seen it a few months ago. I'll be honest and say i thought they would, but it didn't happen.

For sure the day will come when the Mi2 is replaced, and there is a lot of people with ideas about how they feel it should be. My feeling (based on what i have been told by people that do actually know) is that it isn't about to happen soon. Obviously things could change and i could be proven wrong, we'll see.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 03:11 PM   #9923
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Question, it seems that my car chatters in the front when the wheels are turned. I have checked all of the front end parts to see if any thing is bent but have not found anything. I'm using all stock parts with no modifications. Anybody have any thought on this???
The Teacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:05 PM   #9924
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-DUB

Mi3...I can assure you that there is nothing yet, just a wishlist from the racers
As Paul says here, Team drivers have been in contact with the factory about things they'd like to see on a new car but that's about it right now. Team drivers are always testing different things and trying to get more out of the car. It's pretty rare to see a team driver running a box stock car for that very reason.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:10 PM   #9925
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
You and i both know that DADDY was right...
Jon, gotta back up Clint on this one. I put Mo's one-way equipped Mi2 in the 19turn A-main as well.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #9926
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Yeah, whatever

J/K Good Job.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2005, 09:24 PM   #9927
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

2 out of the 3 MI2 at the track made the A main. My oneway set up was dialed. I will post it once I have a little more energy to sit at this keyboard. I almost pulled off a 2nd overall finish. Both Barry Baker and I had a 2nd and a 3rd place finish going into the Third AAA main but he got the jump on me and won that heat while I finished 3rd yet again. 3rd overall wasn't bad at all on a new set up and the ONEWAY that Jon loves so much.....LOL Thanks again to PW for the dialed body. Barry did finish behind it in the 2nd AAA main
Old 06-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #9928
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

HEy guy's the car hanled great today. The car was orignally use for carpet. So I had to lots of changes. I've alway been a d or e main driver. Today I cam in 2nd in my main. the guy whom came first is useally a a or b main driver just had some bad luck earlier in his qualifing runs. But keep up to him pretty good.

I have a couple of question are the Tamiya shock a dirrect replacement or is there any type of mod involved.

My other question is I have the Stock shock towers. on the car it has a set of low profile towers(guessing better for carpet.) Should I keep these on or go back to the stock towers. My rear end was quite loose. I orignally though that the mi2 cam with a one way. but it just has a normal diff. I will be ordering a front spool for the car soon.( or is that what I have). I would mind trying a oneway just for fun I also have to say that this car rocks. No complaints at all except for the leaky shorcks.(but that is an minor issue)

One last question do ae springs fit. Okay make that two questions Got outdoor asphalt on a small tight track what type of springs do you recommed. Sorry about the novel lenght post

cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:00 AM   #9929
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Let's see who can make the best caption for this picture, I think Barry actually looks a bit scared
Attached Thumbnails
Schumacher Corner-clint.jpg  
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:11 AM   #9930
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Let's see who can make the best caption for this picture, I think Barry actually looks a bit scared
HEY BARRY !!! DOES THIS SHIRT MAKE ME LOOK GAY ??????
( as his butt gets a lil' pinch )

'OL BUZZARD FARMING (lol)
howard hudson is offline   Reply With Quote