Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony rivas
hey jon 58? losi have 60,57,56,55,54 unless 58's are new?
I'm sorry, they're the 57. Not sure what I was thinking. I have drilled them out to the 56 size but didn't really notice an improvement that was worth the work.
Old 06-11-2005, 03:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I'm sorry, they're the 57. Not sure what I was thinking. I have drilled them out to the 56 size but didn't really notice an improvement that was worth the work.
Did you take out the drilled ones and go back to the stock 3 hole If not..You should
Old 06-11-2005, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

Paul, is it from the RDX??
Old 06-11-2005, 03:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MattW
Paul, is it from the RDX??
Yes...It didn't seem to really improve steering (not yet ), but did make the car way more consistent. No more trim issues or oversteer (centering up on exit).
Old 06-11-2005, 04:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P-DUB
Yes...It didn't seem to really improve steering (not yet ), but did make the car way more consistent. No more trim issues or oversteer (centering up on exit).
After three rounds of qualifying my oneway set up is sitting 4th in 19 turn. TQ is 24 5:06 second in 24 5:08. something 3rd is 24 5:08.something (Barry Baker) me 24 5:08.something. It's real close from 1st to 4th. I didn't get a hold of the Schumacher blue inserts for the RP 36's to test but a local racer did have the yokomo firm super thins so I glued them up. The car was stuck. It flowed really well and had nice bite. Once the track started to heat up some they were a little on the edge. I plan on trying the same insert in a set of RP 40's. Barry made fun of me running your body colors but it will be in front of him once it's all said and done. Time to go to the movies so I'll report more later on.
Old 06-11-2005, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

That sounds awesome Clint, keep up the good work! How's your more rounded white brother doing....
Old 06-11-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

That sounds awesome Clint, keep up the good work! How's your more rounded white brother doing....
Nevermind...Found the results! http://www.speedworldraceway.com/Rac...05.txt&ID=1840
Old 06-11-2005, 05:39 PM
Tech Champion

Did you take out the drilled ones and go back to the stock 3 hole If not..You should
Yes I did
Old 06-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by STLNLST
After three rounds of qualifying my oneway set up is sitting 4th in 19 turn. TQ is 24 5:06 second in 24 5:08. something 3rd is 24 5:08.something (Barry Baker) me 24 5:08.something. It's real close from 1st to 4th. I didn't get a hold of the Schumacher blue inserts for the RP 36's to test but a local racer did have the yokomo firm super thins so I glued them up. The car was stuck. It flowed really well and had nice bite. Once the track started to heat up some they were a little on the edge. I plan on trying the same insert in a set of RP 40's. Barry made fun of me running your body colors but it will be in front of him once it's all said and done. Time to go to the movies so I'll report more later on.
Oh no, I may need to make an apology Nah! Never happen
Old 06-11-2005, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

cool thanks
Old 06-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks PW. With qualifying only taking the best of the four rounds the rocket round will be the last qualifier tomorrow morning so I hope to put a great run in to improve on the time from today. I have tire and insert tested every round. The best combo i like so far has been the Sorex 36 with Xenon blue inserts once it starts to get hot. The track temp got up to 140 today. In the 110 range the RP 36 with the yok firm was dialed. I may use it for qualifying tomorrow when the track is rather cool. My last qualifier I ran Sorex 36 with Schumacher blue inserts (already had these mounted up) Tomorrow is sure to be fun. I'll update ya once I get back home sometime in the late evening.
Old 06-11-2005, 10:14 PM
Tech Champion

Oh no, I may need to make an apology Nah! Never happen
You and i both know that DADDY was right...
Old 06-12-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

Ok. MI3 at the end of the year, maybe. You know, for a Schumacher car that's an awfully long product cycle.

Will there be interrim edition of the MI2 with the new shcumacher shocks I've heard rumours about and with the Teemu chassis? Or will that be the MI3?

I'm thinking about buying MI2. But I have Axis in a box somewhere, it's IMO pile of It must be the worst designed car I've ever had, even with the typical Schumacer good points like the blades on the driveshafts. The only things I could rely on on that car is that it would become tweaked in every single heat, that it would get rocks in the belts and maybe snap one and that the front bumper would break at least once every race day. After my experience with that car I swore never to buy Schumacher car again. But maybe I'm gettin mellow with old age. Still if I have to buy TRF shocks and BMI or Teemu chassis and maybe Corally steering rack to get MI2 to work on track, then why do it?

Last edited by andsetinn; 06-12-2005 at 05:06 AM.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by andsetinn
Ok. MI3 at the end of the year, maybe. You know, for a Schumacher car that's an awfully long product cycle.

Will there be interrim edition of the MI2 with the new shcumacher shocks I've heard rumours about and with the Teemu chassis? Or will that be the MI3?

I'm thinking about buying MI2. But I have Axis in a box somewhere, it's IMO pile of It must be the worst designed car I've ever had, even with the typical Schumacer good points like the blades on the driveshafts. The only things I could rely on on that car is that it would become tweaked in every single heat, that it would get rocks in the belts and maybe snap one and that the front bumper would break at least once every race day. After my experience with that car I swore never to buy Schumacher car again. But maybe I'm gettin mellow with old age. Still if I have to buy TRF shocks and BMI or Teemu chassis and maybe Corally steering rack to get MI2 to work on track, then why do it?
No one seems to remember us posting that MO was running a box stock car in modified for a while and doing very well with it. The BMI chassis Teemu, are just upgrades. These item aren't needed in order to get the car to work. The Tamiya shocks are just easier to build which equals to a hassle free build time after time. The only thing that I feel is needed are the lowered carpet towers. Instead of coming on here and flaming the old car with your past experiences try coming on here asking the question you have about the new car that you might be looking into getting. Getting off on the wrong foot isn't going to help point you in the right direction. The new car doesn't tweak too easily so that problem is now gone. The bumper holds up pretty well in stock form. The only thing that we have done to reinforce the front bumper is to get the Pdub front bumper foam. It's firmer than the stock foam. Everyone on here will be more than happy to answer any questions that you have. We're here to help. Are there any other issues that concern you at this time????
Old 06-12-2005, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
No one seems to remember us posting that MO was running a box stock car in modified for a while and doing very well with it. The BMI chassis Teemu, are just upgrades. These item aren't needed in order to get the car to work. The Tamiya shocks are just easier to build which equals to a hassle free build time after time. The only thing that I feel is needed are the lowered carpet towers. Instead of coming on here and flaming the old car with your past experiences try coming on here asking the question you have about the new car that you might be looking into getting. Getting off on the wrong foot isn't going to help point you in the right direction. The new car doesn't tweak too easily so that problem is now gone. The bumper holds up pretty well in stock form. The only thing that we have done to reinforce the front bumper is to get the Pdub front bumper foam. It's firmer than the stock foam. Everyone on here will be more than happy to answer any questions that you have. We're here to help. Are there any other issues that concern you at this time????
TOASTY!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.