Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AdrianM
If no one can run sauce everyone will be in the same boat.
True. With my old HPI Pro2, which now will go to pension, I use to have TOO much traction, even without sauce However, I have absolutely no idea about how these two cars compares handling wise, with the same tires, track and driver.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AdrianM
If no one can run sauce everyone will be in the same boat.
That's true Adrian, but out of curiosity, how would they enforce that? I know I usually use motor spray to clean the dirt and crap off the tires after a run. Would that be considered saucing tires?
Old 06-03-2005, 01:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I gotta take my car apart tonight and change a few things for some testing this weekend. I'm thinking of trying the oneway in 19 turn....then again I may just run the spool since the set up from the Reedy is pretty dialed.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:56 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by STLNLST
I gotta take my car apart tonight and change a few things for some testing this weekend. I'm thinking of trying the oneway in 19 turn....then again I may just run the spool since the set up from the Reedy is pretty dialed.
Which ever you choose, please refer to page 14 in your Mi2 manual for installation
Old 06-03-2005, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

im running pre mounted 22s
Old 06-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Why would you use that awful thing they call a oneway! Stay with the spool Clint its faster!
Old 06-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by speedxl
Why would you use that awful thing they call a oneway! Stay with the spool Clint its faster!
Old 06-04-2005, 01:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PW
Which ever you choose, please refer to page 14 in your Mi2 manual for installation
I went to public school PW so you are going to have th post a pic of what you're talking about...LOL
Old 06-04-2005, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Kept the spool in and the car was pretty good at times. traction would come and go and that made it sort of hard to dial your set up in. We all ran mod....some guys had oneways and some stuck with the spool. At the end of the racing day these are my thoughts....

in mod the spool had it's advantages over the oneway (especially at the end of the straight) and the oneway looked smoother in other sections of the track. The end result was TQ set by a oneway car but the win went to Mo with a spool.

in 19 turn the oneway cars seemed to own the track. It could be this particular layout or the practice some of these guys have put in (Congrats to my buddy Harshguy) For next weekends Speedworld cup I plan on running a oneway in 19 turn if the layout is some what flowing. Most have stuck with the spool but is it me wanting to throw in a oneway to gain a touch more corner speed instead of working harder with my spool set up? The two guys in 19 turn to beat at our track are running Xray's with oneway's. I want to change that come next weekend. Any and all suggestions are more than welcome. If worse comes to worse I'll just go in the living room and ask MO....LOL
Old 06-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Kept the spool in and the car was pretty good at times. traction would come and go and that made it sort of hard to dial your set up in. We all ran mod....some guys had oneways and some stuck with the spool. At the end of the racing day these are my thoughts....

in mod the spool had it's advantages over the oneway (especially at the end of the straight) and the oneway looked smoother in other sections of the track. The end result was TQ set by a oneway car but the win went to Mo with a spool.

in 19 turn the oneway cars seemed to own the track. It could be this particular layout or the practice some of these guys have put in (Congrats to my buddy Harshguy) For next weekends Speedworld cup I plan on running a oneway in 19 turn if the layout is some what flowing. Most have stuck with the spool but is it me wanting to throw in a oneway to gain a touch more corner speed instead of working harder with my spool set up? The two guys in 19 turn to beat at our track are running Xray's with oneway's. I want to change that come next weekend. Any and all suggestions are more than welcome. If worse comes to worse I'll just go in the living room and ask MO....LOL

Hey Clint I'll give you a good set up for a spool that you can run in 19t also.
It carrys good corner speed and stable. PM me your number I'll have you dialed. All we run down here is spools even though we are allowed to run a oneway. Its faster and more consistant everywhere. Most of the guys at the worlds were running them in the main,that should give you and idea how much better it is. 90% of tracks I've run a spool is best!!
Old 06-05-2005, 01:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

hi what hop ups should i do to the Mi2 to improve it
Old 06-05-2005, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys I've got a couple of questions,

Firstly, does anyone know of an on-line shop that sells 10x15mm flanged bearings - but NOT the kit type. My car has only done about 5 meetings and now a couple of the blue seals are starting to fall off during a race - so I'd like to find a better replacement, but haven't located any so far.

Secondly, I tried raising the rear riser plate today (1mm) to free up the car a bit in the corners - it worked but I would like to try lowering the front by 1mm as this is supposed to give more steering, - the question is where will I gain steering? Turn in, mid corner, exit, or everywhere?

cheers
Old 06-05-2005, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default Bearings

Try www.bocabearings.com I think thats there web sight. They have all kinds of bearings from buget all the way up to ceramic hybrids. You should be able to get those 15x10mm flanged in a 4 package too.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:20 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bender

Firstly, does anyone know of an on-line shop that sells 10x15mm flanged bearings - but NOT the kit type. My car has only done about 5 meetings and now a couple of the blue seals are starting to fall off during a race - so I'd like to find a better replacement, but haven't located any so far.

Secondly, I tried raising the rear riser plate today (1mm) to free up the car a bit in the corners - it worked but I would like to try lowering the front by 1mm as this is supposed to give more steering, - the question is where will I gain steering? Turn in, mid corner, exit, or everywhere?

cheers
the seals do come off rather easily but the bearing are still good. Don't be too quick to run out and get the higher priced bearings. It's a nice upgrade but it's not really needed unless you blow out a bearing or it's starting to fell gritty.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bender

cheers
Lowering the front will make the car turn in harder. I like to do this as well as add 1mm of antisquat to the rear. This also helps turn the car into the corner a little but it will really help square up the rear end coming out of the corner so the rear dosen't want to continue to come around.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.