PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:11 PM   #9602
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by lmunno
. . . . and bodies !!!

Jon: Car looks SWEET!!!
My old Mazda finally died so I had to go get one and do a simple masking tape job.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 PM   #9603
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by PW
Donny....You forgot to tell me what you thought the swaybar did for you....LOL
Oops, sorry, forgot about that.
I feel like the roll is better for off power steering and less twitchy. I'm not completly sure though yet. I need more time with it.
The corner speed of the car is a lot better with that thing we last talked about. I was going to ask if you could mill down some wheel hexes for me.
I want to raise the roll centers some more, especially the front, with the increased droop that I am testing with now. Putting the front raiser plate back on. I gonna try and call you tomorrow for a order, RP30's.
--- Special thanks to: Dyno, Adam, Todd, and Kevin. Horizon Hobby
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 06:24 AM   #9604
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to belgianchamp

Hello boys and girls,

I also drive with the MI2 and i love it, but i had a problem yesterday on training when i put old tires on my car the rear of the car was to loose, when i put new tires on my car the car is understeer.Can somebody help me with my setup beceause tommorow its Belgianchampionship.track is very short, allot of turning. I goth to need that understeering away with NEW tires.

plss some SCHUMI expert help me!!!!

p.s.: english is not so good

belgianchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:14 AM   #9605
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is the understeer on or off power? With the new tire's you could probably stand your front shocks up a bit and get a little more response or run a slightly stiffer spring in the rear to help the car rotate a little better without loosing too much rear traction.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:25 AM   #9606
Tech Adept

Its off power on the end of the straight.I'm driving with AE bleu in the rear (17 LBS)and yellow tamiya in the front (12.9 LBS).Its a new track very small, traction is difficult to find.Im driving with standard diff,maybe should it be better with a locked diff?
Old 05-07-2005, 11:58 AM   #9607
Tech Regular

First, your rear springs could be a little too stiff, we usually run the AE silvers in the rear- and rarely deviate. Second, where are your batteries placed (front- middle- back). Third, the tamiya yellows (std yellow, not the flourescent) are actually 14.5 lbs ( I just measured them). youshould go to an AE blue or silver iff you need a little steering. Also try taking out and anti-squat you might have in the car, as it will dump weight to the front end under deceleration. This should get you in the ball park, I would start with the springs firs, then with the weight shift if needed. -Jeff
Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 12:08 PM   #9608
Tech Adept

hello,

i changed the springs to front AEblue, rear AEsilver. My batteries is placed rear inboard.I dont understand 'This should get you in the ball park' beceause my english is not so good . THX for helping
Old 05-07-2005, 01:08 PM   #9609
Tech Regular

Sorry about that. In the "ball park" means "close to good"- My english isn't that good either apparently Anyways, move your batteries to one of the middle positions (there are actually two, but very close together) with the battery all the way back, the car will transfer more weight to the front end under deceleration, causing an increase in offpower steering (also under braking). Good luck-Jeff
Jay Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:27 PM   #9610
Tech Initiate

Cool

IJeff is the man when it comes to set-up ?'s.....
discodom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 01:46 PM   #9611
Tech Addict

hi guys i was wondering if you could help, im runing on a slippy surface with my mi2 and the car is sliding sideways on long on power sweepers if i enter them to aggresively but if i dont enter them like this the car understeers and i have to back off , do you know of any fixes to help prevent this?
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 08:57 AM   #9612
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by Jay Dub
Sorry about that. In the "ball park" means "close to good"- My english isn't that good either apparently Anyways, move your batteries to one of the middle positions (there are actually two, but very close together) with the battery all the way back, the car will transfer more weight to the front end under deceleration, causing an increase in offpower steering (also under braking). Good luck-Jeff
Steve Weiss once explained to me how having the batteries back actually increases steering. Think of a pendulum. The longer the string, the more force the pendulum has. Now think of the batteries as the weight on the pendulum tied to the front of the car. The farther back on the car the batteries are, the more force they have to swing the rear end around.
Old 05-08-2005, 09:24 AM   #9613
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

are you using the front roll center bridge?if so i would take it out and run a 1mm shim under the bulkheads.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 09:32 AM   #9614
Tech Champion

Jason, I ran that top deck with a stock chassis last night. Dialed! All I can say is I finally found a setup that works at SoCal and that top deck is part of that setup. Now I just need to go more often so I can learn how to drive on that surface with a car that works properly. I'll do some back to back next week while we're practicing for Reedy between the stock deck and yours. I'll let you know what I find.
Old 05-08-2005, 10:02 AM   #9615
Tech Adept

Hello,

THX for helping me guys.I was 10th ranked of the 21 pilotes, and thats OK. I drived with a locked diff and it was fantastic(cars was in the beginning a little bit understeering, but i worked it out.(Jon do you goth some changes to geth my car better with a locked diff)??I explained how you made a locked diff to my racingbuddys and they say your a smart guy. Somebody now when the MI3 is comming out???

p.s.: my english is not so good sry.