R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2005, 10:57 AM   #9151
Tech Rookie

Thanks STLNLST, just wanted to confirm it before I took the cutters to the riser plate

Regards,

Dan
dhamblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 12:45 PM   #9152
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by dhamblin
Thanks STLNLST, just wanted to confirm it before I took the cutters to the riser plate

Regards,

Dan
If you do a search somewhere on here there are pics posted of this modification.....but it sounds like you already have a good idea of what to do.
Old 03-19-2005, 03:16 PM   #9153
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

PW- Just wanted to know if you have Donny V's setup from the Region 12 race last year in Hesperia. I really would like to try it out. Thanks
MIP Racing
BN Racing
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 03:35 PM   #9154
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Big Dog, I think I've got that setup on my computer at home on an excell spreadsheet. Send me your Email addy and I'll send it too you. It's really close to what I was running as well.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:02 PM   #9155
Tech Apprentice

Default bmi chassis

john... thank you for the info. i keep checking the web site but that is probably not up to date. how does it work on tha parking lot? should i use the factory one instead?

i enjoy checking this thead and getting good info quickly.
hyena boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2005, 06:27 PM   #9156
Tech Champion

He dosen't have the new chassis on the site yet. You'll need to call Jason to get one. I haven't built the BMI car yet so I'm not too sure how well it works yet. I'm sure it'll work great but it's more than likely going to need a very different setup being as stiff as it is. I'll get some testing done once I get the car built and let you know what I find.
Old 03-19-2005, 11:54 PM   #9157
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hi there. I was thinking on getting a mi2. just curious how the part avail in canada. I know they are avail in the US. I hate Customs. The other reason I was thinking on the Mi2 is that no one races on here on the island. I like to be different. I;m just getting back into the whole rc again after 12 years, and remember schus..
cyrrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 10:00 AM   #9158
Tech Addict

hi guys im just after rebuilding my mi2 completely and have come across a problem. When im just coasting with the car at mid/high power and let of the throttle while steering left the back end snaps out, it also does this when i punch the throtle again steering left.I wouldnt be as concerned about this if itdid it steering right but it does not. My transmitter is set correctly on my duel rates, and i reset the car to the standard factory kit setup

Please help , cheers
John_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 11:14 AM   #9159
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by John_S
hi guys im just after rebuilding my mi2 completely and have come across a problem. When im just coasting with the car at mid/high power and let of the throttle while steering left the back end snaps out, it also does this when i punch the throtle again steering left.I wouldnt be as concerned about this if itdid it steering right but it does not. My transmitter is set correctly on my duel rates, and i reset the car to the standard factory kit setup

Please help , cheers
It sounds like your car may be tweaked. Since you just rebuilt the car I would double check all hinge pins. If they are fine take off your tires and then take off the top deck and lay the car on a flat board then re-attach the top plate and re-set the tweak and go from there. If the car still does it then check your wheel nuts. I had the same thing happen to me last weekend and it was a loose wheel nut. I'm sure others will be along shortly to help you out even more.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:13 PM   #9160
Tech Adept

Default steering mouldings

I have found that the steering arm where you mount the steering link and centre track rod on on the left side of the car is a bit weak.

I have broken them twice now.
Is there an alternative for this one?

Thanks for your help,

Arjen
Arjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:28 PM   #9161
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Jon Kerr- is there anyway I can get that setup tonight I would like to put it on my car for next weekend. Thanks speeddog74@aol.com
MIP Racing
BN Racing
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:09 PM   #9162
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Quote:

Please help , cheers
check to make sure you don't have a cracked or broken drive shaft in teh cv end.
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, SVR,Schumacher Storm BigWig
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 07:54 PM   #9163
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally posted by bigdog
Jon Kerr- is there anyway I can get that setup tonight I would like to put it on my car for next weekend. Thanks speeddog74@aol.com
Just sent it. It's not the normal setup sheet. Let me know if there's anything confusing on it.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:57 PM   #9164
Tech Champion

Quote:

Please help , cheers
Check your tires. An unglued tire will feel like a tweeked car. Even just a small spot that maybe folding under the load will cause that.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:07 AM   #9165
Tech Addict

Default MISSION SETUp

Anyone have a mission setup (One way). Thanks.

Ps. Still having problems with the tail end of my car coming around on me. Its less now but still not driveable under power into corners. I've been neglecting the fact that i'm running one way in the car so if you have such a setup i would like to take a look at it. Thanks as always.
IslandBwoy is offline   Reply With Quote