Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 02-12-2005, 02:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'd say the slick floor could be the main problem Try shifting the cells forward. I know it sounds backwards but with the cells back, it makes the rear end act like a pendulum and can make it swing all over the place. May also want to put some anti squat in the rear. Add a 1mm shim under the front mounting blocks for the rear arms. This will make the car want to square up more coming out of the corners on power. What do you have the roll centers set at? (Do you have the stock riser plates under the suspension mounts?)
Old 02-12-2005, 03:03 PM
Tech Addict

yeah everythings stock on the roll centres
Old 02-12-2005, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

How is the car on corner entry? Does it feel like it wants to washout the front end or push a little on entry before it starts to swing out?
Old 02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
Tech Addict

it pushes very slightly
Old 02-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

What can happen sometimes is if you're pushing on corner entry, you end up kind of throwing the car around to get it to enter the corner and that causes you to be loose middle and exit. Try the two adjustments I mentioned and you may want to also take out the front raised plate and put in 1mm shims to lower the front roll center. This will get it to initiate turn in better so you won't have to throw it into to corners. I've found if the car handles well going into the corner, many times the middle and exit will fall into place. What caster blocks do you have in it?
Old 02-12-2005, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

the standard blocks think there 4 degree.
The scotish indoor grand prix is tomorow so i will try out your sugestion there, thanks jon
Old 02-12-2005, 04:30 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

John_S, I would also go to 3 hole pistons all around. You may have too much damping and it's not letting the car roll (transfer weight) on that slippy floor so you are just sliding. Leave the 40wt oil and go to 3 holes open.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Default Snowbirds Shuie

Kudos to Team Schumacher at the Birds!

In the SnowBirds results thread Tony Rivas had pictures of a schumacher with a PDub sticker on a very different looking top deck that I believe I have seen on Mo's car as well in previous pictures.

If anyone knows I have a few questions:

1) Who's car was in picture?

2) I am not asking for new parts, but what is the experiment with the new top deck?

3) It looked like they had doubled up on the rear shock tower, was this to prevent possible flexing? Also, it looks like a new steering bell crank (if you are looking at a new bell crank design, god bless because I continue to have problems with mine!)

4) The car in the picture had rear body posts on on the rear shock tower---This is one of my own personal mods I have made to my own schumacher--just wondering if the Team is looking at this mod or if it was done for some other reason.

5) Finally, the car pictured had white ball cups...are these new ball grippas or are they RPM or some other companies ball cups?

Sorry if I am being a pain, I am just curious

Thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I believe that car is Paul Wynn's car.

The upperdeck is either a Schuie development or a Pdub development carpet upper deck. Not sure about the Shock tower or bellcranks, but some of the team guys are running the body mount off of the tower. They are RPM ballcups
Old 02-13-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

On another note, I would like to thank Adrian and Steve McNicols for the setup help this week at the birds. All of our cars were working great by the end of the week. The BMI chassis worked great for me too. Call Jason at BMI, they are ready to Go.

Paul,Andrew and Teemu worked thier tails off, and sometimes the results just do not show haw fast or far the car has come on the rug.
Old 02-13-2005, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I ran a spool for the first time over the weekend, we run foam asphalt so the guys here prob wont be able to provide a lot of insight, but i was surprised with its effect, i actually had more sterring than running a oneway, the car felt great on the high speed and low speed sections of the track, but was a touch unpredictable in the mid speed sections, i think i will have to tinker a little more as car was quite consistent for the overall race.

it sort of felt that the rear end was breaking traction, as if the front end were ripping it around in the corners. it was also a weird sensation coming off the corner, the car felt like it wanted to square up, not flow through the corner.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

The spool will give you more steering exiting corners. Like you said, it wants to rip the rear end around. That's why I like to run a 1mm shim in the front suspension mount for the rear arms to give it some anti squat. This will help keep the rear end planted on acceleration out of the corner. You do have to drive a spool a little differently though. It'll take a little getting used to, especially going from a one way.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Trouble with Shocks

Alright, I'll try and explain this to the best of my ability.

I'm running a second hand Mission, so I didn't build it. I recently ordered the threaded shock bodies so I could have some more adjustibility; however, when I received them and rebuilt a shock with one of the threaded bodies, I had to tighten the screw part all the way down and even then the spring was still very loose. So, I rebuilt the other shock and have been running the car like that. Thinking the springs I had might not be the right kind, I ordered a set of the Pro Tuning set from Schumacher USA, once again when I received them I was shocked to see that they were even shorter than the springs that I had, so if I put them on one of the shocks, the shock would make it's full travel and the spring part would never be a factor.

Am I building these shocks incorrectly somehow? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:07 PM
Tech Regular

What is the ride height on your car?
Old 02-15-2005, 03:19 AM
Tech Master

Did you order those springs recently? sounds like you might have the very new springs. These are much shorter than the old ones.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.