Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 11-30-2004, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default ?

Originally posted by xxxkat
Raul,Wise choice,Never could get the Mi2 up to speed..Handle wise.

Do me a favor dont post SHIT like that. You are truley classless.
Sorry guys for the rudness, but I will help all my fellow Schuie's out there.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I'll buy at the free buffet at the hotel... LoL...
Old 11-30-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Dude what happened? Last night you were all about buying T-bones for everyone for taking such good care of you.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

you're funny dave... very funny..
Old 11-30-2004, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

You could at least take everyone to Chuck E Cheese.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

David - I wouldn't be the first time that Xray drivers went to dinner with us instead of their team...lol!
Old 11-30-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

its ok Dave... you can be like an honorary Team Schumacher member... it's ok man.. we'll break you in on the flight out there... even try to help you get over that fear of flying by telling you how good my Mi-2 is... LoL

I bet we could even get you a t-shirt Dave
Old 11-30-2004, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Considering I'm rooming with 2 Schumacher drivers, and I enjoy talking to you guys, I don't mind going to Chuck E Cheese with yall LOL

Man, I just wanna go there and win some tickets and get a spider ring or something LOL
Old 11-30-2004, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

I still have a shirt from a few years ago.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

I agree with the comments on the Mi2. I have had it for only a couple of weeks but every time I run it I make a change because I can tell if the last one was good or bad. Very high quality with fit and finish as well. The car didnt need to be tinkered with out of the box to make it right. I can go racing again this week if my parts come in to my LHS. I am also getting a BMI chassis this week to check out. It should be a good week.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Default Loose off power

I know that a lot of you guys have since moved on but i'm still have a small problem with my original mission. I took the car out to TQ last Friday and it took me the full 3 days of the races to get the car driveable. My issue is that the car is loose off power (coming out of the corner as i hit the throttle). I've tried just about everything to get the rear planted and even have a wopping 4 degrees of camber on the rear end. Now the car is driveable but i want the rear to stay flat out of the corners like my MI2 ;-). One thing i was thinking about is raising the roll center in the front with a couple of 1 mil shims but that would mean that the stearing block that the lower hing pin plugs into would be raised, which would then mean that the servo arm by the spring would be raised which means that my top deck would be out of lined because of the already tightened spring. How can i go about raising the roll center without screwing everything up?

I'll post my setup tomorrow.

R.
Old 11-30-2004, 09:05 PM
Tech Addict

That should be loose on power btw
Old 11-30-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

hay i made a ordor of a pr. of upper wishbones for the front of my axis and got the rear in the front bag?

a glitch in the puter or something maby they dont have the ones that slide from front middle to rear to lingthen the wheel base just rear fits all? pt # u1882

not slamming love shumacher and all you guys just lost on what happing with my rock!
Old 11-30-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

on the mission 1, to raise the roll centre, either: space up the suspension arm mounts, which requires a small mod, (separating the base of the servo saver post from teh hingepin blocks, and using the alloy fireblade suspension mounts (same as the ones available for the Mi2...you can raise the blocks using Takeoff shims, or motor shims

alternatively use the lower position on the bulkhead (apper arm mount).

One thing I used to do, was have some 1mm plates made, that could be placed under the bulkhead, to raise the upper arm pivot point, therefore lowering the roll centre...

if the problem is with on power traction...I would look to soften the rear spring, lower the rear roll centre slightly, perhaps lighten the rear oil, you can then move on to try a little anti squat. shorter rear wheel base.

I wouldn't be increasing camber to the extent of 4 degree's, this will give you less contact under acceleration, and the mission had gobs of camber change as the suspension compressed...generally only requiring 1degree camber front and rear plus or minus half a degree.

check over the whole car to make sure nothing is binding,,hingepins shocks bearings etc...

let us know how it works out
Old 12-01-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by brians11
whats wrong with mod foam clint?!
There's nothing wrong with it I just don't really care for foam tire's. They are expensive and I hate dealing with roll out.....but after I'm done complaining I have fun... This weekend should be fun. I'm a little down on the ponies for this weekend but I should be okay with what I still have lying around.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.