R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-25-2004, 09:54 PM   #7921
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: CRAZY TRACTION!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
I my opinion the sorex tires have more grip than the take off's
STLNLST: I agree with you. I tried some Sorex 24/28's and CS-22/27's down here at Hobbyworld Gilroy and the Sorexes seemed to make the car feel a lot more responsive & grip a bit better. I might have been able to make setup changes to compensate but I personally liked the CS-22/27 combo better

Art: Are you still running the TC3?
BlackKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2004, 10:01 PM   #7922
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Brent Wookie
im having heaps oftrouble with my plastic cvd's,they always twist, is there anyone else with this problem?i using a spool on foam tyres? thanks
If you're running the plastic cvd's in the front with a spool on foams that might be part of the problem. Have you tried the steel cvd's in the front? I have been running the plastic cvd's in the rear ever since I received the car right when it came out and I'm just now changing them. I haven't run the car with foam tire's but I've run mod, stock, and 19 turn without any problems on carpet and asphalt.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:09 PM   #7923
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: CRAZY TRACTION!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackKat
STLNLST: I agree with you. I tried some Sorex 24/28's and CS-22/27's down here at Hobbyworld Gilroy and the Sorexes seemed to make the car feel a lot more responsive & grip a bit better. I might have been able to make setup changes to compensate but I personally liked the CS-22/27 combo better

Art: Are you still running the TC3?
I was starting to think that there's a point of having too much traction at times and was ready to go to the Take off's but other guys running them were traction rolling as well so I stuck with what I had been testing and changed my set up to the tire's. I still feel that too many of us were running too stiff a set up and that caused the traction rolling problems. When I went softer all of my problems went away. Mo will be testing the take off's this weekend and I'll probably stick with the Sorex.
Old 10-25-2004, 10:16 PM   #7924
Tech Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: CRAZY TRACTION!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Advil
We'll see on the CS vs. Sorex. I was thinking that the Sorex would help "cure" my problem but now I don't know. I really like the "direct" feel of the firmer set up. I'm not quite ready to give up on it. I was thinking of shortening the upper link and raising the roll center in the front. I did each seperately but never did try them both at the same time. I'm afraid that when the traction really goes up (regionals) that the soft set up will allow the car to roll too much and make the grip roll problem more pronounced. It would also slow down "how fast" the car reacts to steering input.

As far as the motor goes...there was definitely more there. If I recall your ratio correctly you were under geared. I did that because my chassis setup was poor and there was no way I could control the power if I let it rip. I was thinking 5.8 on the Qmag and 7.2/7.5 on the Chrome motor. 5.4 if you are one of the lucky ones that gets an E.J. motor (element?). If you want to play with one of those I have had some success with them as well. I just have trouble getting them...
I have a couple of E.J. motors but I'm sponsored by Brahma now so I don't run them. If you saw the motor that I was running in practice you'd crap yourself. I told you about that brush that no one can get. It's off the hook. Too bad I don't have any more of them. I think that you should try a softer set up the next time out. It solved my problems and the corner that everyone was/is filpping over in I can drive into the corner hard without any problems. We'll see how the last bit of testing goes this weekend.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:37 PM   #7925
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Longtime Schumacher Team driver Tony Padilla and his wife Liz welcome their new baby girl Sarah, 10/15. Just in time for the Worlds and a whole week of practice too!!

Last edited by turbodog; 10-27-2004 at 06:24 AM.
turbodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2004, 02:39 PM   #7926
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to DavidAlford

Old 10-26-2004, 04:09 PM   #7927
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Congratulations to the Padilla family!
Old 10-26-2004, 05:06 PM   #7928
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

Interesting pics of Furmans Mi2 from the warm up meet, using alloy perch, mounted to the side of his bulkeads to allow verticle ballstud roll centre adjustments....
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 06:28 AM   #7929
Tech Regular

Default Good luck!

Best of luck to Paul Wynn, Tim Potter and Ferman Walker and anybody else I left out.

Lay it down!
Old 10-27-2004, 07:29 PM   #7930
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

PW's car looks great, Cartwrights car is great, and Teemu s car is good too. Once everything start for earnest tomorrow, I am sure we will see some Schuie drivers towards the top
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 07:34 PM   #7931
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great to hear that! Keep up the good work. Let us know!

Last edited by coastaltony; 10-27-2004 at 07:42 PM.
coastaltony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 08:34 PM   #7932
Tech Champion

Good luck to the guys at the world's.
Old 10-27-2004, 08:36 PM   #7933
Tech Fanatic

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via AIM to lmunno

Good luck!! We'll be there Saturday.
lmunno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2004, 09:22 PM   #7934
Tech Elite

Go my Mi2 ready. Tested yesterday with Yok shocks though at SoCal. Didn't have time to dial in the droop. Car has lots of promise, but for Socal, I switched to one-way, hope it will work better. Now I've got the droop set to 2.5mm all around. Thanks Jon for the set up, its pretty good so far. It pushes a little with a spool, but that could be the track layout and the bad droop settings I had. I'll try to post photo of car soon.
Old 10-28-2004, 07:57 AM   #7935
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

No Problem. Let me know if you need any help. Of course SoCal and I never got a long when I was running a Losi. Haven't been there yet with the Mi2. Donny and I were talking about going up there again with this setup and see what we could come up with.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote