R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-03-2004, 10:11 AM   #7531
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
I would like to stagger the inserts, but unfortunately the track has a spec cs27 tire rule. I use MPH Products T-Rx for traction compound, works better than TQ, comes in faster, and lasts longer too. I just installed the alloy inner mounts and the new rear hubs last night. I also reinstalled the front riser plate too. I plan on going to 80wt front oil (50 in there now) and 60 in back (40 in there now) to help reduce chassis roll. I will be doing a lot of testing tomorrow and tuesday too.
You are using rubber tire's correct? That sounds sort of stiff. The foam guys don't run that stiff. If it works out well for you please pass the set up along. Will this set up have the sway bars on as well? What inserts would you like to play around with in the take off's? Sorry for all of the questions. We don't have a spec tire rule at our track and maybe I can use some of your ideas and let you know how they worked out. We are also only allowed to use TQ orange at our track so we make do with what we can use. Good luck with the testing.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:12 AM   #7532
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
You're gonna subject us to that again Clint?!?
I think that's the only reason why you socal guys come up here
Have you had any track time with the new car yet? If so what do you think?
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:20 AM   #7533
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Hey Stlnowin,

The Module should get to you anytime now.Went to Santa Cruz yesterday to test the Teemu chassis. What a freakin' difference. I also tested the spool setup Troy sent me and I still prefer the oneway for now. The car was a handful at first,but after a couple tweaks the car in the main{s} was awsome.Have fun this coming weekend and hurry up so we can work to get the dialed setup for the rug already.
Thanks. The spool set up that Mo and I have been running is killer but I did switch back to the oneway just for better tire wear and I feel that the corner speed is better....especially when running stock. Once I get back from the regionals you know it's all carpet from here on out so we will be on point. Dujuan, Noah, you, and myself should have no problem working together to make sure that we are the guys to fear in 19 turn. Maybe the TC3/TC4 can settle on being 5th every week...LMBAO
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 11:30 AM   #7534
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
You are using rubber tire's correct? That sounds sort of stiff. The foam guys don't run that stiff. If it works out well for you please pass the set up along. Will this set up have the sway bars on as well? What inserts would you like to play around with in the take off's? Sorry for all of the questions. We don't have a spec tire rule at our track and maybe I can use some of your ideas and let you know how they worked out. We are also only allowed to use TQ orange at our track so we make do with what we can use. Good luck with the testing.
If I could, I would like to throw some Yokomo 37F's or HPI reds up front, but we can't play with the inserts; we have to used the Take Off Pre-mounts. The other cars I race at this track on rubber tires I am between 50-80 on the front oil, with 30-60 in back. But those cars are either tub chassis (XXX-S or TA-04 for tamiya races) or 3mm graphite (Surikarn). I really think this 2mm deck is hurting me, but I can dial around that. Do you have to use TQ orange for smell reasons or some other reason? If it's gotta be odorless, the MPH stuff has zero smell to it.
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 12:51 PM   #7535
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
If I could, I would like to throw some Yokomo 37F's or HPI reds up front, but we can't play with the inserts; we have to used the Take Off Pre-mounts. The other cars I race at this track on rubber tires I am between 50-80 on the front oil, with 30-60 in back. But those cars are either tub chassis (XXX-S or TA-04 for tamiya races) or 3mm graphite (Surikarn). I really think this 2mm deck is hurting me, but I can dial around that. Do you have to use TQ orange for smell reasons or some other reason? If it's gotta be odorless, the MPH stuff has zero smell to it.
we have to use the TQ for the smell. So many people in the surrounding areas know that this is all that is allowed so to switch could cause some problems. The traction is decent when using it. The inserts that you would like to use up front seem like two good choices. Which inserts would you use in the rear to go along with them?
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 01:22 PM   #7536
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,492
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

wtf? Noah is running the car now too? NICE! 19turn will be alot of fun this carpet season. So thats 5 guys who will be able to shut down the TC3-4/CGM threat. Not including the 2 old farts we rarely see. Whats thier deal now? Are they done racing? Mauer was so hit or miss last Outdoor season I was wondering when we would see him out next.
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 02:49 PM   #7537
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
.....and your problem is?
Geeze ...no problem, just stating a fact ...remember that glamour shot you did (I still have the pic if you don't ) ...well anyways I remember after that all the racers where wearing midriff's ...that was kinda nasty!
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:11 PM   #7538
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
wtf? Noah is running the car now too? NICE! 19turn will be alot of fun this carpet season. So thats 5 guys who will be able to shut down the TC3-4/CGM threat. Not including the 2 old farts we rarely see. Whats thier deal now? Are they done racing? Mauer was so hit or miss last Outdoor season I was wondering when we would see him out next.
Noah ran the MI2 for the first time at the last Modesto race. He ran Mo's test car and was a handful to deal with on the track. He'll be getting his own very soon. Knowing Mo can really be dangerous at times Noah needed to get rid of all that Yok and AE stuff anyways. It's all Schuie for him from here on out. Our next goal is to switch one of these Tamiya die hards.....oh wait.....we did that with you!

the two old guys will be out sometime soon. Maurer has business matters that has kept him busy and the cop has been playing Taxi (soccer dad) for the kids in the neighboorhood.

__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:14 PM   #7539
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HarshGuy
Geeze ...no problem, just stating a fact ...remember that glamour shot you did (I still have the pic if you don't ) ...well anyways I remember after that all the racers where wearing midriff's ...that was kinda nasty!
That's Janet....miss Jackson if you're nasty!!!! Can you close your business next weekend and come down and be my P.B. for the regionals? I'll supply you with a couple of sodas....LOL
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 04:58 PM   #7540
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
we have to use the TQ for the smell. So many people in the surrounding areas know that this is all that is allowed so to switch could cause some problems. The traction is decent when using it. The inserts that you would like to use up front seem like two good choices. Which inserts would you use in the rear to go along with them?
Prob 37M's.
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:26 PM   #7541
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,665
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
I think that's the only reason why you socal guys come up here
Have you had any track time with the new car yet? If so what do you think?
I ordered some parts for it, waiting on them to come in, the region 12 carpet race may be my first with it, I'm still just havin fun with offroad. We just got a new track opening down here today, so I'll be ordering a 1/8 buggy this week.
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:28 PM   #7542
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,665
Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
LMBAO
haha, nice... LMWAO
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:17 PM   #7543
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Modesto, Ca
Posts: 991
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
Can you close your business next weekend and come down and be my P.B. for the regionals? I'll supply you with a couple of sodas....LOL
I'm coming out of retirement for the weekend to come and race with A. Young and be the pit b*tch again. You gonna tune my motors?
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:19 PM   #7544
Tech Champion
 
AdrianM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 5,914
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Randy Caster
haha, nice... LMWAO
LMPRAO
__________________
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 10:21 PM   #7545
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,769
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by James Nguyen
I'm coming out of retirement for the weekend to come and race with A. Young and be the pit b*tch again. You gonna tune my motors?
you know i'll hook the homies up. You glue the tire's and I'll go to work on the motors. So we gotta deal with Aaron at this race huh. I heard that he was on fire for the first carpet race yesterday.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-04-2006 12:12 AM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 11:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 11:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 07:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 03:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:31 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0