R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-02-2004, 09:49 PM   #7516
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

That's right, I forgot, you're a rug rat
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:50 PM   #7517
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,870
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary

The more I look at this car and what it is doing, the more I find myself working towards my xxx-s setup. Anyone else who had driven that car find the setups to be similar?
I tried that and I have come to the conclusion that this is a MI2 not a Losi. The Losi was very stable (IMO) and easy to drive but lacked the steering that I was looking for without sacraficing too much rear traction. The MI2 has too much steering for my blood and I had to adjust accordingly. The softer I've run the car the better it has gotten for me while the Losi was run semi stiff. The biggest little difference (if you understand what I just said) that I like about the MI2 over my Losi is that I can take a tighter inside line while keeping my corner speed up.....where the Losi couldn't turn in the way I wanted it to with a tight line and keep the speed up without pushing wide some.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:50 PM   #7518
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Dude, it was already in the 50's today! this sucks. I hate you Cali guys and your gorgeous year round weather...lol
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:53 PM   #7519
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,870
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Dude, it was already in the 50's today! this sucks. I hate you Cali guys and your gorgeous year round weather...lol
hate is such an ugly word.....in fact I hate that I couldn't think of anything funny to type so stick with hate....LMAO
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:53 PM   #7520
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
I tried that and I have come to the conclusion that this is a MI2 not a Losi. The Losi was very stable (IMO) and easy to drive but lacked the steering that I was looking for without sacraficing too much rear traction. The MI2 has too much steering for my blood and I had to adjust accordingly. The softer I've run the car the better it has gotten for me while the Losi was run semi stiff. The biggest little difference (if you understand what I just said) that I like about the MI2 over my Losi is that I can take a tighter inside line while keeping my corner speed up.....where the Losi couldn't turn in the way I wanted it to with a tight line and keep the speed up without pushing wide some.
See, for me I am having a problem with the car scrubbing so much corner speed because the chassis is so compliant. I just have noticed that, on carpet with rubber tires, I am getting amazingly close to the setup I had on my Losi and it's getting faster. I also agree that with the Losi the car either was plowing or spinning, where the Mi2 just carves.
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:54 PM   #7521
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
hate is such an ugly word.....in fact I hate that I couldn't think of anything funny to type so stick with hate....LMAO
HAHAHAHA, ok, I am Highly Envious..how's that sound? Rat B*@!#@#s
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 09:59 PM   #7522
Tech Champion
 
Jon Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 9,658
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

It's starting to cool off a little down here. It was in the high 70's most of the day today. Not the 90's. I actually can't wait for our winter. I like a brisk 60 degree day.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:02 PM   #7523
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,870
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
See, for me I am having a problem with the car scrubbing so much corner speed because the chassis is so compliant. I just have noticed that, on carpet with rubber tires, I am getting amazingly close to the setup I had on my Losi and it's getting faster. I also agree that with the Losi the car either was plowing or spinning, where the Mi2 just carves.
the short time that I ran the car on carpet last year I ran 40wt in front with silver spring and 30 wt in the rear with green springs. All AE springs. This was with rubber tire's as well. This year will be better since I know alot more about the car. My set up was also with a oneway. I don't think that corner speed was a problem for me last year. Getting use to the car and body set me back some. If there wasn't a regional race next weekend I would have raced carpet today and been able to see if this killer outdoor set up we have works on the rug too. With the Losi the same set up out doors worked indoors. I hope this car is the same way.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2004, 10:10 PM   #7524
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

For me, my car that was slightly pushy on ashpalt was wicked loose with the same setup on carpet.
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 06:26 AM   #7525
Tech Elite
 
HarshGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Roseville, CA
Posts: 3,379
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
that stlye is only for the indoor carpet track.... You'll see it at the carpet regionals!!!
Pretty much STLNLST sets the dress style for us every year out here!
__________________
http://www.arroyoc.com
http://www.gearchart.com
http://www.weracemountainbikes.com
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:13 AM   #7526
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,870
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by HarshGuy
Pretty much STLNLST sets the dress style for us every year out here!
.....and your problem is?
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 07:18 AM   #7527
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,870
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
For me, my car that was slightly pushy on ashpalt was wicked loose with the same setup on carpet.
we pretty much always ran staggered tire's front to rear on carpet but for a while I ran the same compound all around on the Losi to try and free the car up some. Traction can get pretty high bite on the rug and the last thing you would want is a losi pushing out more. I really love my MI2 and can't wait to run it head to head with the better TC3 driver's in my area since I feel that the TC3 has been the better carpet car for a while. Do you sauce your tire's? We use TQ orange and I sauce full front and rear.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:18 AM   #7528
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,508
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Hey Stlnowin,

The Module should get to you anytime now.Went to Santa Cruz yesterday to test the Teemu chassis. What a freakin' difference. I also tested the spool setup Troy sent me and I still prefer the oneway for now. The car was a handful at first,but after a couple tweaks the car in the main{s} was awsome.Have fun this coming weekend and hurry up so we can work to get the dialed setup for the rug already.
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 08:21 AM   #7529
Tech Prophet
 
Randy Caster's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 16,670
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
that stlye is only for the indoor carpet track.... You'll see it at the carpet regionals!!!
You're gonna subject us to that again Clint?!?
Randy Caster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2004, 09:02 AM   #7530
Tech Champion
 
RCGaryK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 7,331
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
we pretty much always ran staggered tire's front to rear on carpet but for a while I ran the same compound all around on the Losi to try and free the car up some. Traction can get pretty high bite on the rug and the last thing you would want is a losi pushing out more. I really love my MI2 and can't wait to run it head to head with the better TC3 driver's in my area since I feel that the TC3 has been the better carpet car for a while. Do you sauce your tire's? We use TQ orange and I sauce full front and rear.
I would like to stagger the inserts, but unfortunately the track has a spec cs27 tire rule. I use MPH Products T-Rx for traction compound, works better than TQ, comes in faster, and lasts longer too. I just installed the alloy inner mounts and the new rear hubs last night. I also reinstalled the front riser plate too. I plan on going to 80wt front oil (50 in there now) and 60 in back (40 in there now) to help reduce chassis roll. I will be doing a lot of testing tomorrow and tuesday too.
__________________
Site Content Specialist- Surface
HorizonHobby.Com

Horizon Hobby is on YouTube with hundreds of different videos! Visit us at
http://www.youtube.com/HorizonRCdotCom
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:54 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net