Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 09-28-2004, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

aww now I feel really special...didnt realise it was only 10 cars....

I have tested previously...on our track, with low bite, I found the raised trans to be beneficial..larger moment, and more grip overall...

I am sure on most other tracks the raised C.O.G is more of a hindrence, I spoke to Phil about it in depth...as I was really sceptical....but I guess for most non treated European tracks, its been beneficial for efficiency and grip.

I can see why it isnt workin in the land of SUGAR...

I will be testing alot of high grip over the next months...so will be going back over it.
Old 09-28-2004, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Chassis problem

It seams the more I run my mi2 the more I have to tweak the chassis weight to the left as the right side appears to be flexing with the weight of the batteries. This is killing ground clearance on the right. I have the batteries in the middle and all the way in. It just seems to keep getting worse. Has any one else had this problem?
Old 09-28-2004, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default building car - missing part

I am building my car tonight and when I got to the rear diff it only has the "fence" on one side. It should have it on both sides like the picture in the manual right?
Old 09-28-2004, 08:13 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Default Re: Chassis problem

Originally posted by Adam Hartzell
It seams the more I run my mi2 the more I have to tweak the chassis weight to the left as the right side appears to be flexing with the weight of the batteries. This is killing ground clearance on the right. I have the batteries in the middle and all the way in. It just seems to keep getting worse. Has any one else had this problem?
Check you battery tray...Loosen the battery tray and then retighten

Racer tip....Many racers that use double deck chassis cars store them with the top-plate loose Maybe I should listen to Troy's advice

dway....Give us a call at Schumacher and we will get you the proper pieces if they are missing 813 889 9691
Old 09-28-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Chassis problem

Originally posted by PW
Check you battery tray...Loosen the battery tray and then retighten
PW--I just rebuilt the entire car to make sure the chassis wasn't tweaked and had the same problem. I tried the battery tray tip and still no luck. I have to add almost 2mm more preload on the right side to level the chassis. I tried weight on the left, but that dosen't help.
Old 09-28-2004, 08:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Mo - Where can I find your 1 way setup?
Old 09-28-2004, 09:06 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You can find it on www.mo-net.ws or www.gearchart.com .
Old 09-28-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Champion

Well I raced the car on the rug tonight, left me scratching my head a bit. Initially I hit the track with my asphalt one-way setup on the car...I was always looking to free up the rear end so I figured this would be an ok starting spot. Well, it wasn't. The car had so much front bite I couldn't believe it. I eventually had to pull the one-way and go to a front diff. Here's how I had the car setup:

Front:
Tam Shocks, 50wt oil, 2 hole pistion, Copper AE Front Shocks
Middle hole in carpet shock tower for the upper mount, outside hole on arm
Middle Ackerman hole
No riser plate
No toe
-1.5 deg camber
Kit camber location on tower
Front arms spaced back
kit sway bar

Rear:
40 wt oil, 2 hole, Grey Tamiya spring (20.91lb)
One hole in from all the way out on carpet tower, all the way out on arm
kit riser plate
1.5 deg rear toe inboard
Kit hubs
Camber links mounted middle/top on tower, lower hole on hub
-1.5 deg camber
Arms spaced back
kit sway bar

Takeoff CS27 Premounts front and rear.

Batter mounted inside/forward.

Frewer Stratus

The car was doing 2 things that was funky. It felt like it was diffing out a lot, eventhough both diffs were locked. It also felt like it was dumping over a lot. I started out with 14.82 front and 14.08 rear springs, but they were too soft. My thoughts were to go to 80 wt front and 60 rear oil, swap out to the new alum hubs, and maybe try to get my hands on a spool. I was also thinking about going to Purple front and copper rear springs and taking the rear spacer out or putting the front one back in. Any thoughts?

Oh Randy, along with BMI, another company will also soon have a Mi2 chassis set, but I can't say who yet
Old 09-28-2004, 11:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey Gary I thought you were going to try carpet /foam, whats this rubber tire stuff I dont think you need to stiffen up the car that much... if I remember last time we ran carpet rubber we had asc. reds up front and I think blues in the rear and going to 3 degree rear toe helped plant the rear.... I know we didnt have any more than 45 wt in the shocks and we ran the front riser plate... you racing this Sunday? Maybe we will bring the rubber car along if you will be there.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Champion

I was planning on running foam, but I got to the track so last minute I decided to run rubber. The car was just...weird. But the good thing was that weach change I made helped make the car better and faster. I won't be running sunday, but maybe next tuesday, then the 8th or 9th at Road Rage. It wasn't that I needed to add rear grip, its that the front just had sooooo much freaking bite. I dunno. But I have things to do to the car over the next week. Just got my Ti screw set I ordered from Speedtech (Thanks Steve!), and I expect my KO VFS-1 and programmer tomorrow. I did try the car with foams after everything was over tonight too. Car turns in...HARD! Sobbotka thought it looked like the car was diffing and dumping too, so it's not just me
Old 09-28-2004, 11:58 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by mo
You can find it on www.mo-net.ws or www.gearchart.com .
Thanks Mo.
Old 09-28-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Thanks Mo.
Get to bed kiddo!

Night, night...
Old 09-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by XXX-S Bill
Get to bed kiddo!

Night, night...
Old 09-29-2004, 04:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 78 (99%+)

Originally posted by RC Driver Gary
Well I raced the car on the rug tonight, left me scratching my head a bit. Initially I hit the track with my asphalt one-way setup on the car...I was always looking to free up the rear end so I figured this would be an ok starting spot. Well, it wasn't. The car had so much front bite I couldn't believe it. I eventually had to pull the one-way and go to a front diff. Here's how I had the car setup:

Front:
Tam Shocks, 50wt oil, 2 hole pistion, Copper AE Front Shocks 80- 90wt oil with two hole pistons
Middle hole in carpet shock tower for the upper mount, outside hole on arm
Middle Ackerman hole
No riser plate
No toe
-1.5 deg camber
Kit camber location on tower try upper inner hole on carpet tower
Front arms spaced back try middle arm
kit sway bar, add .5mm spacer under rear mount of frt arms, to add anti-dive.

Rear:
40 wt oil, 2 hole, Grey Tamiya spring (20.91lb) 90 wt oil
One hole in from all the way out on carpet tower, all the way out on arm
kit riser plate get rid of the riser, add 1mm of spacers under arm mt
1.5 deg rear toe inboard
Kit hubs
Camber links mounted middle/top on tower, lower hole on hub try inner most lower hole
-1.5 deg camber
Arms spaced back/arms spaced foward
kit sway bar Try a heavier rear bar

Takeoff CS27 Premounts front and rear. GET RID OF RUBBER!!!

Batter mounted inside/forward.

Frewer Stratus

The car was doing 2 things that was funky. It felt like it was diffing out a lot, eventhough both diffs were locked. It also felt like it was dumping over a lot. I started out with 14.82 front and 14.08 rear springs, but they were too soft. My thoughts were to go to 80 wt front and 60 rear oil, swap out to the new alum hubs, and maybe try to get my hands on a spool. I was also thinking about going to Purple front and copper rear springs and taking the rear spacer out or putting the front one back in. Any thoughts?

Oh Randy, along with BMI, another company will also soon have a Mi2 chassis set, but I can't say who yet

You will see Gary, that I added a few comment into your setup. CHeck it out.
Old 09-29-2004, 04:40 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey Gary....The first thing (major) I would change is the Frewer body. That body has WAY to much steering for carpet

Adam...I will think about that once I get to work

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.