Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Master

i would have never of guessed, thats what i get for listing to steve all the time

lazyboy
Old 09-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Now I am not saying a spool or a oneway is the way to go on foams.... just saying that it CAN work if the track conditions are right. We have been playing with the spool for a while now with foams and I think we will stick with it for the Sizzler race... that should be a good test
Old 09-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Tech Master

no i understand what you are saying, i was just saying that steve says that oneways or spools with the foam tires wouldnt work
Old 09-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Spool on carpet

I thought about it, but was hesitant to test it. I want to get the car hooked , before I start going to the wild side of setups. I ordered some go fast goodies for my Mi2 such as, ceramic bearings, derlrin pullies, alloy layshaft 20t gear, TRF shock, and couple of other doodads. I will keep you all posted.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

PW, I tried to send you an e-mail and it got kicked back, and I can't find your other one you had sent me. Can you PM me your address, I've gotta shoot you some questions.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Looking at getting a new Belt drive TC for 19/mod,It has come down to a few,and the Mi2 is on the short list,No one at my local track has one,And Schumacher is not spoken of well at my local track.But it does look like a good car,Are their any trouble areas,like weak arms..etc.Does the car have good steering..push.I have read on this board that alot of Mi2 drivers use the Tamiya shocks,is this a must?
Old 09-07-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by xxxkat
Looking at getting a new Belt drive TC for 19/mod,It has come down to a few,and the Mi2 is on the short list,No one at my local track has one,And Schumacher is not spoken of well at my local track.But it does look like a good car,Are their any trouble areas,like weak arms..etc.Does the car have good steering..push.I have read on this board that alot of Mi2 drivers use the Tamiya shocks,is this a must?
Mo is still kicking butt with a box stock car. You know all of us already and we wouldn't steer you in the wrong direction. The only thing that I feel is needed on the car is the BRP front bumper for the TC3. Other than that everything else is up to par. Speedworld can be tough on cars at times but ever since this was installed breakage in the front has been waaaaaaaaaaaaay down. This car should be killer at showtime.

Last edited by STLNLST; 09-07-2004 at 08:49 PM.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:27 PM
Tech Adept

xxxkat:

Some people have to talk smack about other products just to justify their purchase. Truth is, all the Top Level TCs are very good in the right person's hands. Each has there own nuances, strengths and weaknesses. All have trade-offs because engineering is all about trade-offs and these are all very well engineering model cars. Learning the tricks is part of passion and the fun.

As far as the Schumacher Mi2, look around and you will find from Left Coast to Right Coast and in Europe that the Mi2 has and can win. From regional and national events Mi2 is representing in the A-Mains.

Schumacher has top notch customer service and Adrian and Paul who work this tread not only give out great service and information, but are also racers and instead of just telling you something works, they have experienced it on the track and will tell you exactly what is and is not necessary --- not something you always see with other manufactures.

The Schumacher Team is always coming with upgraded parts that have first been race proven. If you read far back enough, you will see that AdrianM responded that the TRF shocks are not necessary and with some mods that the Schumacher shocks work just fine. The TRF shocks are easier to build, but not better. If you read the XXX-S and TC3 threads, people are all saying the same thing. Easier, not better.

There will be newer shorter simpler to build team shocks that will appear on or around the worlds in October.

I am not a team member, my skill are no way near what the team drivers are and I would be an embarrassment to them -- however, I am a big fan and have been since the original Axis.

I have the same problem as you at my local tracks and I am usually the only Schumacher on the track. Since my LHS will not carry the parts, I am my own hobby shop and carry all the parts with me. There are enough places online that carry Schumacher kits and parts that I can order online. And, when you need some "Speed Secrets" you can go over to www.racing-cars.com and you can get everything you need.

These guys respond to Emails and are happy to help you over the phone.

Having said all that, if ordering everything online is too much of pain for you and you want to be able to reference a fast local guy, then stick to whatever they are running locally. I have a TC3 as a backup car because that is what they run locally and there are plenty of parts on the shelf because I never know when I have a really bad day and run out of parts.

I cannot see a single reason why you would not purchase an Schumacher Mission 2 or any other top level TC. Find what you like and will make you happy and will make you want to get up and race -- that is the car that you want.

Good Luck in your choice
Old 09-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks for the replys,LeadFoot thanks for the offer,But I think the Schumacher is just about the only brand I have never owned(TC's)I think I will order one tomorrow,I have been tring to run a Pro4 in 19/mod and I'm so outa control(about 1/3 of the time really) In stock my Pro4 is killer,but I'm not to fond of it in mod.The cars I was looking were the Xray FK,415/Tech MYO2M.I just think that the price is really great on the Mi2..what the heck..That makes #15..
Old 09-07-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

did you get my email? You'll love the car. Schumacher will be somewhat in force at the region 12 race in October. No matter what we will have fun and help out others should they need it. Welcome home!!!
Old 09-07-2004, 09:13 PM
Tech Lord

No,PM me your Phone#..I'm not racing at showtime anymore..TC's just died at that track..To bad I did like racing their.Fresno..Cycle art has a good program.. Slow night 30 ,good night 60.With the Pro4 in mod it's finish in mid pack.. In stock I'm faster..(as in faster lap times)not sure if thats good or bad.. I guess its good that I have my "stock" car that dialed..bad..that I'm such a spaz in mod.I was just wondering what spare parts and hop ups I should get.
Old 09-07-2004, 09:24 PM
MI2
Tech Adept

i have a mission sst that i have fully upgraded but i broke the frount upper arm and the hobbie shops can not get them for some reason can not get them is there a online shop i can got to to buy them in australian or canberra
Old 09-07-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by MI2
i have a mission sst that i have fully upgraded but i broke the frount upper arm and the hobbie shops can not get them for some reason can not get them is there a online shop i can got to to buy them in australian or canberra
Try Metro hobbies in Vic 03 9890 1144
or Monaro Models in ACT 0262 996797
or Frontline hobbies in NSW 0249 291 140

These are the importers in each of the eastern states, i would be extremely surprised if none of these have them in stock. Tell them Bradd Vercoe referred you.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I would have them in stock (Brisbane)- if you want you can email me.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by heavy
I would have them in stock (Brisbane)- if you want you can email me.
Sorry Dave i dont have your number in my mobile

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.