Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 12-05-2001, 04:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Can somebody tell me what the diameter is of the steel driveshafts????

Thanks
Old 12-05-2001, 04:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default pulleys

After looking at my pulleys I have the following conclusion.

Front diff pulley is nearly perfect concentric. OK

Rear diff and layshaft pulleys are sure off target This makes me not happy I can feel it in the transmission

Maybe I order an new rear pulley hoping its better .... OR a new front pully and hoping its worse. Well I order all three
Old 12-05-2001, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sandor-The rear belt and pulleys on the Mission are designed to be on the tight side upon assembly. The tight feel you have now on the bench will dissappear after 2-3 practice runs.

We feel its better to have a belt that is a bit tight when new and runs in to be perfect as opposed to having a belt that perfect when new and so loose it skips after a few race weekends.
Old 12-05-2001, 12:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

OK Adrian - I keep an eye on it. Further the car is nice to build. Some of the irritation points of previous cars have been solved. I'm looking forward to run it.

I'm gonna put some new electronics on it. Currently i'm using a Tekin G12cIII and some old KOpropo Fet servo. I like to hear some good advice from you guys for an ESC and servo. I'm racing at National level so I want the best
It's a little of topic but I would appreciate the advice on this.
Old 12-05-2001, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

sandor- I would recommend for speed control is the Keyence Zero V Extreme. Fast and very adjustable. Programming is on-board. No external devices to hook up. Has 3 built in profiles and 4 programable. I am very happy with mine.
Old 12-05-2001, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Sander, LRP!!!!!
Old 12-05-2001, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Sandor-Since Keyence is probably hard to get in your country I would second MattW on the LRP recomendation. The Quantum Pro is a tiny, very good speed control. If you run mod it gets really freakin' hot (so hot the blue case fades to silver) but it still runs well.
Old 12-05-2001, 09:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Sandor-

It might be orange but that makes no difference. I would use the novak because they have awesome customer service and no problem with my cyclone. (By the way since some people are partial about the orange you can die it bluw or black)
Old 12-06-2001, 12:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Exclamation

Keyence is indeed a problem. I like the LRP, here it's around $215 Any tips about places with oversea mail order.

What about a decent SERVO??? Digital or not digital???
I layed my eye on the HITEC HS-5925MG

Last edited by Sandor; 12-06-2001 at 12:57 AM.
Old 12-06-2001, 03:34 AM
Tech Master

I always use KO servos, so would go with their new Analogue. 2173/2174 I think. Can't remember the difference between the 2 of them.
Old 12-06-2001, 04:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just got my Mission and im almost donr building just a mere 4hrs later. This is honestly the most polished kit ive ever had. Its been beautiful to build

I find the diff mountings quite an interesting design and I guess eliminates the clamp down you could get before hindering the bearings.

Ive just got a a couple of tight spots in my belts. It is very free but gets tighter at points. I found the seperator between the belts was a little close on the rear diff. That has fixed a bit of tightness but im yet to find the other source. im sure it wil disappear after a few runs though

Well done Schumacher!
Old 12-06-2001, 07:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Mission Building Tip

If you're building the Mission...one minor thing to look for. The instructions say to install the belt tensioner at its lowest point, then later install the motor mount to the chassis. When I did this the washer behind the nut on the belt tensioner prevented the motor mount from seating completely against the bottom chassis. (It may have seated if I had forced it by wrenching on the screws, but I prefer not to force it). This had the effect of tweaking the upper plate a slight bit.

When you install the motor mount to the chassis, loosen the belt tensioner a little before tightening the screws into the bottom of the motor mount. Check to make sure the motor mount is seated against the bottom chassis plate, then re-tighten the belt tensioner and keep going...

Hope this helps someone out there....
Old 12-06-2001, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Got the Mission the other day.... Man is it sweet.. just have to finish building it....Will race it this weekend
Old 12-06-2001, 07:28 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Can people post pics of their Missions with wiring layouts? I am always interested in amiojgnthings as neat and tidy as possible. personally I have the wires going through the motor mount and then have drilled two holes in the battery strap to keep them low and close to the battery. Things are a little congested around the ESc to the motor however
Old 12-06-2001, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

MarkG dont use the washer that will fix it to. I took a dreamel and made the slot for the screw lower so I could get less tension on the belt and had no problem with it with the washer left off. Just try it with out the washer and it wont effect it so much.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.