Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2004, 03:30 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm torn between the Pro 4 and the Mi2. I'd like to go with the latter (to be patriotic, at the very least ) though I've heard some exceptionally good tales about the Pro 4. As I'm not much more than a novice though, I suspect there'll be very little in it between the cars for me.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

In all honesty, I have owned both cars C3PO. Both are capable cars. Both are adjustable to suit any track condition. But the one thing that can be to your advantage is the MI2 is a very durable car while the Pro4 is not so durable. You also have the support here of the Factory reps such as PW and Adrian. Also, alot of the Team guys are here almost everyday if you have an issue or need some help.I have no regrets switching.Matter of fact,this car has kept me happy longer then any other car I have owned.No complaints.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey, guys...does anyone have any links to websites with computer art or grapic art images. I need to get some ideas for a new paint scheme and im strumped. I want to be original not a copy someone elses car.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

PW, thanks for your setup help last week, the car ran great at the Hitec race. I did remember to bring my TRF shocks, but forgot the ballstuds on my workbench (duh!). Even so in stock trim, the car was very good. I ended up swapping out the rear toe to 1.5 degrees inboard, moved the battery out and forward, and (although you said not to) I moved the tops of the front shocks in 1 hole. I was able to get the car to turn in, but it could have transitioned better (I know, move the tops of the shocks out, and it will ). I managed to qualify 6th, got sent to the back 3 times and still finished 7th. I also overgeared the motor which didn't help. Oh well. But again, thanks.
Old 08-02-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdrianM
Hey, guys...does anyone have any links to websites with computer art or grapic art images. I need to get some ideas for a new paint scheme and im strumped. I want to be original not a copy someone elses car.
Adrian

i got a blank template for the top and side view of a car. i print it out (it fits on 81/2 x 11) and i sketch on those. its great for making paint schemes.. then i submit it to my favorite painters. email me and ill dig up the psd file. its somewhere on my laptop.

you can visit www.team-td.net for inspiration and www.franksbodies.com also.

- chris
Old 08-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by racenut123
In all honesty, I have owned both cars C3PO. Both are capable cars. Both are adjustable to suit any track condition. But the one thing that can be to your advantage is the MI2 is a very durable car while the Pro4 is not so durable. You also have the support here of the Factory reps such as PW and Adrian. Also, alot of the Team guys are here almost everyday if you have an issue or need some help.I have no regrets switching.Matter of fact,this car has kept me happy longer then any other car I have owned.No complaints.
That sounds excellent advice. The support here sure is good!
Old 08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Hey Adrian,
I found a link to a thread with a couple of templates for ya. My mom would've done it, but she's too busy painting.
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...=alfa+template
Old 08-02-2004, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Adrian give me a call i could design some new schemes for you if you'd like
Old 08-02-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default racing

Leadfoot,
racing for electrics in the immediate area will pick up in approx 1 month from now.. So hold on. Racing resumes at Prospeedraceway.com, every week they are in MIddletown NY,
Southshorehobby.com in Coram NY. Nercar.com, but they dont race electric there. You can also travel to NJ, PA, MD, and such. I do.. We will al be at Westchester PA this sunday, for the ORL race. You should check it out.

PW, I got the package today, no setup sheet. Everything else was there, and thanks for the Pit towel. JOKE!!!, Where is the second one so I can staple the two together to fit? TTYL.
Old 08-02-2004, 11:59 PM
Tech Rookie

What shipping carrier do you guys at Schumacher use? I called last Wednesday or Thursday about my unthreaded shock and the guy I talked to said that I should get it in 2-3 days. Well, I still haven't gotten it, but 2-3 days is pretty fast for anything but Fed-Ex. I just want to know so when I wait for the package, I know what time to be home (US Mail comes at 2, FedEx at 4, UPS at 6). The car looks really nice, but that 4th shock will really bring it together.

Once I get that done, I need to get a hold of some Aston Racing Green paint for my ProLine Aston Martin DB7. I gotta show some UK Racing support.

Adrian: I'm not sure what you're looking for in a paint scheme, but what I did was go through photo galleries for some races. 24hrs @ Spa, Nurburgring, American Le Mans, and some classics as well.

www.nurburgring.de they have a lot of photos.
Old 08-03-2004, 03:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Racer_Chick
Hey Adrian,
I found a link to a thread with a couple of templates for ya. My mom would've done it, but she's too busy painting.
http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.p...=alfa+template
Adrian: There is a Mazda at the bottom of the thread!!
Old 08-03-2004, 03:32 AM
Tech Addict

hey guys do the carbon wishbones hold up beter in crashes than the standard ones? And also what other advantages do they make over stock
Old 08-03-2004, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Carbon Wish bones (Carbon Fiber reinforced) are stiffer. The make the suspension flex less. In Europe arm material is a big tuning aid. On low grip tracks Associated, Losi, Schumacher and Xray use plastic arms (Glass fiber reinforced). Some of the AE and Losi guys cut ribs out of their arms to make them flex even more. Xray has 3 diffrent stiffnesses of arms.

For the Mi2 we run the C/F arms on carpet and high bite asphalt. Stock arms on low and med bite asphalt or to tune one end of the car or another. For example if you have C/F arms all around and want to get more steering you can put plastic arms up front. This is a really a fine adjustment and should only be used after most normal tuning is done.

C/F arms are more brittle so if you crash a lot you will break them more often. This is the same for carbon arms on all cars...AE, Losi, Xray,etc.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

TheFlash....I sent the shock body out Priority Mail (2-3 day) the same day you called Give me a call tomorrow if you don't receive it today.
Old 08-03-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys ... it wd be great to post pix of your cars without the bodies ... see where u put the equipment etc... and anything on the Mi2 wd be excellent.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.