Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yup, no broken parts lol!
Old 08-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

Vr6vroom:

Where in Connecticut are you running? I see in your signature that you are in Stamford. I am in Fairfield. Other than Madness and Chambers, where is a good place to run?

Thanks
Old 08-01-2004, 11:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by AdrianM
Whats worse was that in the only qualifier that I got to run a guy that didnt make it to the start due to glitching took it upon himself to change frequencies with out checking the heat sheet....to my frequency...tuning left into the wall on the straight with an 8x2 is not good
That guy gets around - he usually shows up at our track in Brisbane (Australia) as well.
Old 08-01-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by racenut123
Yeah, I will be there. Bring CS22's as an option.They were very good in the main for me @ REVO!
That's awsome Dujuan is HOME again! You just gotta keep him away from Maurer and Stidham!
I'll have to use tire warmers on my 27's since I don't have any 22's.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

VR6,
See you in west chester.

Paul and Adrian,
Sorry bout the bad luck
Old 08-02-2004, 04:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Racing

Originally posted by LeadFoot
Vr6vroom:

Where in Connecticut are you running? I see in your signature that you are in Stamford. I am in Fairfield. Other than Madness and Chambers, where is a good place to run?

Thanks
Leadfoot, what class do you race? This way I tell you what is most popular where.

RC Old Man, I cant Wait.

PW, I need to call you today.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:07 AM
Tech Addict

hi guys i seem to be breaking front driveshafts like mad, has anyone else had this problem with the plastic shatfs? Its always where it conects the the axle right at the hole it snaps. I have chaged to hpi alu shafts to see if it will last a bit longer
Old 08-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I destroyed 4 in 5 runs. get the titanium ones, if you can.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:30 AM
Tech Addict

i was talking to an ex team driver at the track and he said with a spool in and on carpet mod racing from the start line his car seemed to explode shattering all 4 on the car at the same time
Old 08-02-2004, 06:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by John_S
hi guys i seem to be breaking front driveshafts like mad, has anyone else had this problem with the plastic shatfs? Its always where it conects the the axle right at the hole it snaps. I have chaged to hpi alu shafts to see if it will last a bit longer
I would run the steel or Ti shafts on the front of the car and the plastic one's in the rear. I ran plastic all around with a spool on carpet for about two weeks before they shattered. I wouldn't recommend running them with a spool though. Once you replace the front shafts you should be fine. The rear has never been an issue with breakage in mod stock or 19 turn for me.
Old 08-02-2004, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

Vr6vroom:

I was out of the hobby for some time (work related). I am just getting back into it this year. Just received my Mi2 kit this past Wed. and I am still assembling the car. I will recieve some cells from Fukuyama this week. I am running an Axis 2 at the moment and was using a 23T motor in Mod class @ Madness with 2000MaH NiCDs. Probably will run a 19T untill I have more track time. Its taken me some time to get back because work is still killing me.

I run and have run at Madness but its over an hour away so its hard to leave work for practice or races during the week because of the the traffic through Hartford. They also race on Sat. but that is tough day because I doing repairs on my house (painting etc) and its the only time I have.

I have been to Chambers in West Haven but they charge $10/day for just practice and they do not carry any shuie parts and the shop keeper did not seem to interested in getting me parts so I am getting things online. Since they only allow you to practice until 7:30pm and I do not leave work until 5pm, I usually payi $10 to practice for a little over an hour.

My brother runs stock and 19T on his XXX-S. Plenty of parts at Madness because people are either running the XXX-S, TC3 or Pro4. He works in Waterbury and lives in Southbury but his only track is in Wolcott which is exclusively running off-road.

However, in both locations, attendance is way down. We are hoping it picks up in the winter. September thru Dec will be slow at work for me so that will the time I will the most racing.

I was wondering what is towards Stamford? Bruckners in NY?
Old 08-02-2004, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

anyone interested in buying or trading for my Mission 2??

I just can't get the setup to suit me.
drop me a line if interested:
[email protected]

thanks
Old 08-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Tech Champion

Teemu Chassis and the new Shock Mounts are due in later this month.

stulec52 - Sorry to hear that...can you get us a detailed setup of what you are running. Down load the blank sheet, fill it out and fax it to 813-889-9691. I haven't hear of a surface that we cant get this car flying on yet. There has to be something missing or not complete in your setup to have the problems you are describing.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

so, I have tried a bunch of setups from the website.
tried my own variations
mixed and matched.
got it ok
but never as good TO ME as my TC3 feels.
I guess it's just a personal preference thing.

BUT, the main trouble I am having is getting parts.
I snapped a belt last week ( my fault, a stone got in to the drive area) and I am still off the road as I cannot get parts locally, and my nearest supplier in Canada is still waiting on the parts getting to him.
It just is not of use to me to have the car lying on my bench unable to run.
Old 08-02-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Sorry to hear that. We had 3 guys at out local track make the switch in the opposite direction this weekend after driving our cars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.