R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-13-2004, 07:27 AM   #6496
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

There was a part number for the new Teemu 2.5mm fixed battery position chassis in the June UK news letter. They are on order but have not been produced yet. Keep in mind that the Teemu chassis puts the cells all the way back and 2mm futher in than is possible on the stock chassis. Also none of the top US driver run thier batteries in that position. Most run middle/middle or 1 step forward/middle.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 12:08 PM   #6497
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by STLNLST
I don't have my R12 yet. I'm still undecided on the whole gas deal. I want to run the Paris race though. We'll see what happens though. Mo ran the AE hubs but took them off his car shortly after the Reedy race. I have a ton of them but none of them are true so in the box they sit. I may give them back to the person that gave them to me since I don't think that I will ever run them. Do you have them on your car?
No, not running them for that reason.Pain to get them to be true.I have had good luck running 1.5 degrees in stock and 3* in 19turn and mod. Have you heard of anyone getting the aluminuim rear 2 degree uprights yet?

As far as gas goes,I hear you.Nowhere to race your car up north.Rccar is the only place close that has alot of competitive gas sedan racers with everone switching over to 8th scale for the nats.Hobbytown in newark is moving in a couple months.The new location will have a new surface laid down and will be at least 150 by 90 feet which will be better suited for Gas sedan racing.We'll see.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:18 PM   #6498
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Hobbytown in newark is moving in a couple months.The new location will have a new surface laid down and will be at least 150 by 90 feet which will be better suited for Gas sedan racing.We'll see.
mr racenut! can you please keep us posted about the new hobbytown location? do you know if it'll still be in newark? my brother lives in newark and it'd be nice to race when i go visit him.

i get lazy to drive down to gilroy when i visit him. THANK YOU!
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 03:34 PM   #6499
Tech Elite

Hey Hebiki,

We will be racing the rest of the season in newark at the HT store there.In November is when we will be switching over to the new location.It will be about 5 minutes away at the most.A hop skip and a jump from newark.You should bring your stuff with you.We race on the 2nd and 4th saturdays.Plenty of competition if you race Stock and 19turn.2-3 heats of each class not to mention the huge sportsman class we have running.See you soon hopefully.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:37 PM   #6500
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Hey Hebiki,

We will be racing the rest of the season in newark at the HT store there.In November is when we will be switching over to the new location.It will be about 5 minutes away at the most.A hop skip and a jump from newark.You should bring your stuff with you.We race on the 2nd and 4th saturdays.Plenty of competition if you race Stock and 19turn.2-3 heats of each class not to mention the huge sportsman class we have running.See you soon hopefully.
sweet... ill definitely head up after TCS nats. i dont know if im fast enough to hang with you guys. is there an intermediate class?
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 04:19 PM   #6501
Tech Elite

I think you will be fine in the expert class.I have seen you in the same heat with some guys that used to race with us here.I think they race at the OC circuit and rcheat.You going to the Hitec race?I was gonna be down in San gabriel that weekend and wanted to know how far it it to the Hitec race.See you at Nats!
Old 07-14-2004, 06:49 PM   #6502
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 237 (99%+)

Does any one know the center track rod length for the MI2?
Old 07-14-2004, 08:23 PM   #6503
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

standard length is equal to 2 schumacher ball cups end to end..

alternatively most team guys are running theirs at around 41mm, and using the middle ackerman position.
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 07:42 AM   #6504
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I cut my center track rod ball grippas down to the molded circle on the bottom and run a 24mm turnbuckle. Then I adjusted it until the bell cranks were parallel. This allows a 2nd Ackerman adjustment in addition to the. That said...I haven't touched it since i built it.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 08:14 AM   #6505
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default mission inquiry

hey guys! would really want to hear your comments bout the mission! planning on carrying it back here in the philippines although i havent seen this car run. hows the steering and the belt drive system on this car? hope to hear from all of you. thanks!
XTREMERCHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 09:01 AM   #6506
Tech Elite

Do you mean the MI2 or the original mission?

The MI2 is really efficient and has tons of steering even with a spool.The car is capable of winning on any level of racing and is highly tunable. May I add that the car is very durable too.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:22 PM   #6507
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mi2 is Dialed!!! I love the adjustability of it. I have never driven a car that was this fast and easy to drive.
Old 07-15-2004, 01:50 PM   #6508
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Mi2 is the finest kit Schumacher has produced to date. It is fast out of the box, very adjustable and tough as nails. IMHO it is only a matter of time before it wins a big race.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 01:56 PM   #6509
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by King-G
standard length is equal to 2 schumacher ball cups end to end..

alternatively most team guys are running theirs at around 41mm, and using the middle ackerman position.
What is the effect of running a longer or shorter centre track rod than standard kit length.

Cheers
adyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2004, 02:03 PM   #6510
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Generally longer link will make the steering a little "duller" around the centre point. I think i am running about 42mm from memory with the track rods in the mid position.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote