R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2004, 08:53 PM   #6211
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,500
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Hey Guys,

I just received my P-dub chassis and top deck(3mm) and was wondering if the guys running it are putting 1mm spacers to bring the roll centers{front and rear} back to stock.The stock chassis and riser plate are 4mm total.So the chassis and a 1mm spacer should get me back to where I started.Or have you been running with the new roll center change with the P-dub chassis?Btw,the chassis is very nice.The one I have is a prototype but should be pretty close to what the production chassis is.Stiff!
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004, 11:50 PM   #6212
Tech Master
 
UCHEATULOSE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: birth place of oval! daytona beach!
Posts: 1,083
Default

GT racer superior hobbies in orlando florida ships every day and have a fully stocked hobby shop. robby is the on site hobby shop for the snowbirds every year. he has everything related to r/c and than some! give him a call..ask for robby,ken or mike bruce. they know the schumacher car inside and out!

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/

1-407-834-9299 open monday through saturday closed on sundays..
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:16 AM   #6213
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Hey Guys,

I just received my P-dub chassis and top deck(3mm) and was wondering if the guys running it are putting 1mm spacers to bring the roll centers{front and rear} back to stock.The stock chassis and riser plate are 4mm total.So the chassis and a 1mm spacer should get me back to where I started.Or have you been running with the new roll center change with the P-dub chassis?Btw,the chassis is very nice.The one I have is a prototype but should be pretty close to what the production chassis is.Stiff!
where were you yesterday? Mo and I had our oneway set up's dialed yesterday. We were trying two different set up's and they were both dialed. The P-dub chassis is stiff and nicely made. I ran one at the Reedy and liked it. See you in two weeks if you're racing the Speedworld Cup.

To everyone that thinks you have to have Tamiya Shocks on your car in order to go fast.....boy are you wrong. Mo had a box stock car with the exception of the newer lowered carpet towers (which you can buy right now) and his car was on rails. Tamiya shocks are just easy as heck to bleed.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:52 AM   #6214
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,500
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Hey Clint!

What about now?Are you still running it? Yesterday, my ride to speedworld fell through.Could not convince him to go. I am making arrangements to go to the speedworld cup.
I need to know in all honesty how many sets of tires I will need for the whole weekend.You think one set a round/main to be truely competitive?or could I use them at least twice?I am talking about the Sorex 36r's.Could you kick down what setup you guys were running with the oneway? And did you like it over the spool setups?Jaime and I are gonna come out on the wendsday before speedworld cup to practice.
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 10:04 AM   #6215
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Tallinn, Estonia
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
I just received my P-dub chassis and top deck(3mm) and was wondering if the guys running it are putting 1mm spacers to bring the roll centers{front and rear} back to stock.The stock chassis and riser plate are 4mm total.So the chassis and a 1mm spacer should get me back to where I started.
Can't answer your question, but just to correct a misunderstanding that seems to be common - using 1 mm thicker chassis with 1 mm thinner risers does not result in stock roll centre, because the upper inner pivot points will be 1mm higher than stock. The only way to get stock roll centres is to run stock risers (and to be totally correct, 1mm lower ride height). Or make new shock towers with 1 mm lowered upper arm pivot points.
olev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 03:00 PM   #6216
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,500
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

olev,
Thanks for clearing that up.I was practicing today and after cafefully examining the chassis,I figured out almost the same thing except for the ride height change with the thicker chassis.That helps a bunch!
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 04:07 PM   #6217
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 769
Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)
Default shocks

can someone give me the Tamiya Part # for the shocks u guys are running on the car?
gporta77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 05:49 PM   #6218
Tech Addict
 
GT Racer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by UCHEATULOSE
GT racer superior hobbies in orlando florida ships every day and have a fully stocked hobby shop. robby is the on site hobby shop for the snowbirds every year. he has everything related to r/c and than some! give him a call..ask for robby,ken or mike bruce. they know the schumacher car inside and out!

http://www.superiorhobbies.com/

1-407-834-9299 open monday through saturday closed on sundays..
Ok. Thanks a lot for the information!
GT Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 06:11 PM   #6219
mo
Tech Master
 
mo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,354
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Racenut, running stock or 19 turn, you should be just fine with 2 sets of 36's for the whole weekend.
__________________
TLR, Spektrum, Tekin, SMC, MO-GRIP, www.factory-rc.com https://www.shapeways.com/shops/MPP
mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 06:50 PM   #6220
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Hey Clint!

What about now?Are you still running it? Yesterday, my ride to speedworld fell through.Could not convince him to go. I am making arrangements to go to the speedworld cup.
I need to know in all honesty how many sets of tires I will need for the whole weekend.You think one set a round/main to be truely competitive?or could I use them at least twice?I am talking about the Sorex 36r's.Could you kick down what setup you guys were running with the oneway? And did you like it over the spool setups?Jaime and I are gonna come out on the wendsday before speedworld cup to practice.
The sorex tires are not one run and done tire's. There will never be a time you would have to run a new set every round. I'm using two for stock and two for mod....if even that. I'll post the oneway set up on Javier's site after the game. I can't say if it's better than the spool because we ran these set up's in the stock class and I wouldn't attempt to run that class without a oneway. Tire wear is better without a spool. Between Mo and I we will get you dialed. What class are you running at the Speedworld Cup?
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:01 PM   #6221
P2
Tech Fanatic
 
P2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Oahu, Hi
Posts: 865
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

Mo,
What's the difference between Xenon grey and purple inserts. Which one has more air gap and when whould you choose one over the other.
Thanks,
Paul - that old dude
__________________
TopRacingUSA | Team EPIC | Thunder Power | OD Racing
P2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 07:18 PM   #6222
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 3,500
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Thats a total relief! Thanks guys! Btw,I think I am running Stock or 19turn. How was the car in stock clint?I loved it when I ran it last.But its been awhilesince 19turn has taken off around here.
__________________
Team I'm Over It
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 08:07 PM   #6223
Tech Master
 
=MisFitz= NuKe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,058
Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe
Default

So...who is running what at the upcoming on-raod Nationals???
Myself, I am thinking of either Mod or 19 Turn.
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:05 PM   #6224
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
So...who is running what at the upcoming on-raod Nationals???
Myself, I am thinking of either Mod or 19 Turn.
Mo and I decided to skip the nats and save a little money. Good luck to you at the nats.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2004, 11:06 PM   #6225
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,815
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Thats a total relief! Thanks guys! Btw,I think I am running Stock or 19turn. How was the car in stock clint?I loved it when I ran it last.But its been awhilesince 19turn has taken off around here.
The car was dialed. Motor will be the biggest thing at the cup. All of the regulars seem to have their cars on rails.
__________________
REMEMBER THE GOOD OLE DAYS..........THEY'RE NEVER COMING BACK SO WE'RE STUCK WITH THE MESS IN FRONT OF US!!!!
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:27 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net