R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-31-2004, 10:22 PM   #6166
Tech Initiate

Thanks to P-Dub and Donny V. for all their help and assistance this weekend at the Reedy Race.

Mark Franko
SpeedFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 10:35 PM   #6167
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by racerdx6
Did you guys run spools or diffs in your Mi2's at the ROC?
we all ran spools.
Old 06-01-2004, 08:16 AM   #6168
Tech Rookie

Looking for a good gear ratio for speedline hobbies track

know alot of you Schumacher guys that pratice on this track troll these boards P

Im running stock 27 turn
internal gear ratio 1.81 i think thats correct.

I managed to TQ in the qaulifiers this sunday , with all the glicthing problems i had , but it felt as i was still low on gear

running 25pin, 92spur atm

got some help on car setup from one of the schumacher guys thats practices there on fridays, thanks for all the help bro was great my MI2 works awesome and the tips helped, seems i have the car handling like , i like it.

also what kind of stock motors do Team Schumacher run anyways

any answers would be appreciated
Roush-mi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 08:49 AM   #6169
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That was me at the track. I was running a 95/23 or 24 with a Trinity Monster Stock. The 24 seemed to lug out of corners a bit on that layout. A 92/23 might be better.

See you next Friday!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:40 AM   #6170
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Adrian,

You still running a spool with a stock motor?If so,could I get your setup? I ran Paul's setup with a oneway and spool.Better with a oneway where I race at.Thanks!
Old 06-01-2004, 09:51 AM   #6171
Tech Rookie

Thanks again for the info

is it possible to change to 64 pitch
was never a fan of 48

Ill try out the 23/92 on friday i think it will be better also
Roush-mi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 09:59 AM   #6172
Tech Master

Default Ok so this is the Schumacher thread cool here's my question....

The MI2 is one of my choices for my first onroad car after a 12 year break from RC. Here in NZ I would be running it in 540 stock (Mabuchi or Johnson 540's only and 1500 unmatched pack is the rule).

I have no idea as a starting point for the spur and pinion combo needed so suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hope it's not one of these cars that can reach the ratios you need but the motor plate doesn't allow it.

Oh and can the MI2 take standard spurs such as Associated and Duratrax as I have a bunch of those?
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:02 AM   #6173
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

Yes it is, you need to purchase the gear adaptor, then you get to run which ever pitch, with which ever gear company you would like
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:13 AM   #6174
Tech Champion

email me at adrian@schumacehrusa.net. Put "Need setup" in the subject line and I will email you the most current PDF.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:21 AM   #6175
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
Adrian,

You still running a spool with a stock motor?If so,could I get your setup? I ran Paul's setup with a oneway and spool.Better with a oneway where I race at.Thanks!
Are you coming to SWR this weekend? I may have a 1way car ready to experiment with this weekend. I might even run 19 turn as a 2nd class at the Speedworld Cup.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:24 AM   #6176
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by AdrianM
email me at adrian@schumacehrusa.net. Put "Need setup" in the subject line and I will email you the most current PDF.
Was that directed at me?
Mabuchi540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2004, 10:58 AM   #6177
Tech Champion

Directed to everyone...if you need a setup email me and note the surface you are running on (Carpet, Asphalt, Big track, Little Track, etc).

PW says the cars were excellent at the Reedy race so we are very confident that we have a handle on the asphalt setups.
Old 06-01-2004, 11:54 AM   #6178
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

adrian got a hookup for me on a pair of those metal cvd's hit me a Pm on scoring!

By the way for those like me that ran into a bind racing this weekend . I dont have a back up parts bin yet, I happend to break a plastic axle. since the mi2 uses a cvd set up I normally run a demon tc3 so I have a ton of back up parts! I took some composite axle knocked out the pin and took the scumacher pin drove it into the tc3 axle and wala! a temp fix. Now I need to order a set of the titanium axles.
but guys at least if yo in an emergancy at a track and you need a temp fix until you get the correct part here you go.
also note that the rounded part that inserts into the diff half is smaller then that of the schumacher hence this a temp fix.
Old 06-01-2004, 02:17 PM   #6179
Tech Champion

Hector - I'll hook you up with a local dealer where you can get the drive shafts...lol!
Old 06-01-2004, 02:43 PM   #6180
Tech Master

some props to big troy, tony padilla and big ed shaffer..they ran out at strickland saturday night and swept the field! ed hasn't raced in 6 months and was turning the fastest laps all night long! eds car is just about box stock as well..troys has 3 million hop up parts on his! and tonys is somewhere in the middle of those 2 guys cars! i am impressed with how easy the car was to tune and how little you needed a dremel tool to make it go fast. past schumacher cars needed 10 hours with a dremel behind closed doors to go fast,lol. the new MI2 can run with the x rays and shaft cars..oh yeah and the bearings in the kit dont need to be flushed out like a backed up toilet either!

anyone who lives in the state of florida that doesn't run a schumacher is just making life hard on themselves..with schumacher local in florida parts and tech support are easy to get. plus 99% of the time adrian,paul or troy are at the local races. they helped more than a few guys at the track saturday night. if you run on smooth asphault outdoors you might be needing troys set-up for strickland..his car was very good as was ed's and tonys.. i bet eds car would be even faster with a PDUB bumper? hahahaha
UCHEATULOSE is offline   Reply With Quote