Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2004, 10:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Stlnlst or mo,

Have you guys played with your roll centers at all via the removal of the riser plates and replacing with shims of various thickness?I see PaulW has taken the plate out and used shims to lower his roll center. Do you have an updated setup sheet or is it the same?All I can say is the car gets better and better and I am glad you guys are making such good progress.Mo said the car was that much better and after the last 2 weekends personally,I can say the same thing.Now if I can only get GaryO to buy my cgm.....
Old 05-08-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Also,are you guys running Stratus bodies?
Old 05-08-2004, 11:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by racenut123
Hey Stlnlst or mo,

Have you guys played with your roll centers at all via the removal of the riser plates and replacing with shims of various thickness?I see PaulW has taken the plate out and used shims to lower his roll center. Do you have an updated setup sheet or is it the same?All I can say is the car gets better and better and I am glad you guys are making such good progress.Mo said the car was that much better and after the last 2 weekends personally,I can say the same thing.Now if I can only get GaryO to buy my cgm.....
I've played with raising the roll center and adding anti dive to the car but I haven't run the car with the riser plates removed. I don't have a new updated set up sheet yet. Mo is on fire right now and the only one that can touch him out here right now is Matt Howard. I plan on getting to that status pretty soon. We are running the Mazda 6 body.
Old 05-09-2004, 07:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Has any one played with the ackerman settings?

There are 3 holes. I see most use the middle one as do I.

Which is more agressive the inside or outside hole?

Also any one have a good 19t setup?
Old 05-09-2004, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by RC Old Man
Has any one played with the ackerman settings?

There are 3 holes. I see most use the middle one as do I.

Which is more agressive the inside or outside hole?

Also any one have a good 19t setup?
the outside hole should be more aggressive. I haven't tried it yet myself though. For your 19 turn set up we have some good set up's using a spool. If you click on one of the links listed under mo's signature you should be able to find a good set up to start with.
Old 05-09-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Not sure about the outside being more agressive. I usually run the outside, but when i ran a spool a couple of weeks ago i moved the link to the middle and it seemed to make the car more agressive.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm running 19 turn w/Mi2 @ SWR ... didn't race this saturday but last saturday (May 1st) was my 1st race with it before that it was just practice, car was pushing pretty good with that setup (it was the oneway setup from racenut), I put mo's setup on it friday for practice and it's pretty damn good..Mo suggested a couple of changes to it that worked out well (in practice anyways!), will race it next saturday, I know Sting also picked up an Mi2 and is planning to run 19t with it. MO's setup I tried is at: http://www.gearchart.com/ --> Electric Setups --> On Road Setups ...its the "Sheldon's Hobbies Norcal TC Challenge, Parking lot track" setup.
Old 05-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Tech Elite

I will have to order some 6 degree front carriers then.

Wow the setup I ran pushed for you Harshguy?I have lots of steering but then again you also run at Speedworld.That track without adjustment will always make my car push if I use a setup I run around here.I am gonna start testing the spool setups Mo and Paul have up as 19turn is pretty darn close to Mod .Or at least the 19t I ran felt like a 10 single yesterday!
Old 05-09-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Master

w()()t!, 5 more days till the Oklahoma Touring car Challenge. Jeez, I can not believe that I am the only Schuy there, and I am running the Invite class. The good thing is, there are about 3 guys that want to talk to me about the car, because they are interested in buying one!!
Old 05-09-2004, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
w()()t!, 5 more days till the Oklahoma Touring car Challenge. Jeez, I can not believe that I am the only Schuy there, and I am running the Invite class. The good thing is, there are about 3 guys that want to talk to me about the car, because they are interested in buying one!!
Good luck at that race. Put the smack down Schuie stlye.
Old 05-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

ya, thanks, Im going to try
Old 05-10-2004, 02:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Mo youre carpet foams setup, what front diff were you running?

I also notice the arms are both moved back, this would make the car very agressive right? where we race, outdoor asphalt med-low grip and we are always chasin more steering, even to the point of running rear foams all round.

have you guys tried using anti dive or kick up on the front lower mounts?

Also 1 ways are about the only thing used around here, i want to try the spool, can the car be as agressive with a spool as a 1 way? i tried running a diff and it was woeful, was incredibly unstable on power as the diff unloaded, Note a few of us run BL (Hackers and Schultze) so we get a fair amount of initial drive from the motor, so diff did not work.
Old 05-10-2004, 07:40 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

On carpet, I just ran a standard front diff. There are many things you can do to get more steering but a spool will generally have a little less initial turn in, especially if you are hard on the brakes. Anti-dive in the front will give you less initial turn in and more on power steering. If you are looking for more turn in, I would try; rear anti-squat, raise the rear roll center, lower the front roll center, shorten the front camber links, stand up the shocks and more front droop. All of those things should give you more steering into the corner. Hope that helps.
Old 05-10-2004, 08:21 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Congrats to Don Vinkemulder for his recent points championship win in both Pro Mod and 19T http://www.racing-cars.com/newsdetails.asp?itemId=RR119

Old 05-10-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Paul,

Troy said you guys were gonna try to get Don's setup.Is it up on the website yet?Anyways,congrats Don!Nice trophies!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.