R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-02-2004, 09:28 PM   #6046
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
**cough**cough**KO ALL THE WAY **cough**
I didn't really like the Ko when I tried it last. I'm going back to the keyence. I only picked up a quantum 2 to try it out. Now I can say been there.....done that........never again...LOL How did racing go out your way? You know that your boy is out here racing his butt off. He's coming out to Speedworld for next weekend. It's going to be a blast.
Old 05-03-2004, 07:04 AM   #6047
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I must say,the keyence is a very good speedo.They are replacing it from what I hear.I have one that needs refurbishing but cant wait to get it back.
Mike,I have the Ko vfs2000 in every car I own.They are awsome too. Your boy P2 is visiting here in Cali.He says your car is on rails.Can you kick down a setup?
Old 05-03-2004, 10:31 AM   #6048
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Mi2 Worlds Testing

The most intense testing in the history of the Mi2 took place last week and continues until Wednesday this week. It is awesome how much more we learned about the car this last week. Having Phil Booth (Head of Schumacher R&D and Former 1/8th On Road W.C.) here was great.

We have to finish up this Wednesday and digest what we learned so stay tuned for setups and more details!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:56 PM   #6049
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

Quote:
Originally posted by racenut123
I must say,the keyence is a very good speedo.They are replacing it from what I hear.I have one that needs refurbishing but cant wait to get it back.
Mike,I have the Ko vfs2000 in every car I own.They are awsome too. Your boy P2 is visiting here in Cali.He says your car is on rails.Can you kick down a setup?
Ya I know Paul is over there, he is supposed to be bringing my motors and brushes for the OK Invitational race.

Ya my car is pretty good, even I must say so. Sure, here is a picture of the setup I am running, but I have cut a 3mm chassis, so it is going to change a bit, but the set-up is for 2mm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mysetup001small.jpg (185.8 KB, 176 views)
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 09:09 AM   #6050
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Menace 21 RCX Back Flip Video

Down load the video and wait for the part when Louis De Francesco from Air Age says, " RCX, Its crazy, its wild". Right after that is a clip of Paul Wynn doing a multiple back flip with the Menace 21. It does ~7 back flips before coming down.

He did it/landed it 3 times and broke a rear arm on the 4th landing when he came down on the tail of the car.

http://videos.radiocontrolzone.com/rcx04.ZIP
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 03:47 AM   #6051
Tech Apprentice

Default More speed

I have a newbie type question, I race at a tight asphalt high grip track with my Mission (first model) and I run in 540 pro (stock johnson motor)

I have my car steering and handling what appears to be very nice, well at least to my requirements, but the car is slow compared to most of the other racers.
I know I will pick up some time as i get better at driving, but the other night I could string together a series of laps with good lines, without even letting off the throttle, but my laps times are still down. I'm running similar if not the same gear ratios as most of the other drivers.

I was wondering what can I do to my set up to make it faster, but without upsetting the steering and handling?
I know most things are a compromise, but i was thinking about going harder springs or going from 3 to 2 holes on the shock pistons.

I'm using a diff, some guys are using the diff, others 1 ways and some are going spool, but most seem consistant no matter which form of front drive they are using.

I'm using blue springs on the front and reds on the rear and only have the rear sway bar connected. if I was to go heavier springs, would I still keep the difference between front and rear, ie go to reds at the front and yellows at the rear to keep the same balance?

I have 4mm of droop at the rear and 2mm at the front
1.5 camber at front 1.0 at rear
6 degrees caster
0.5 toe out on front
2.0 toe in on rear

Normally use take off 27's or 22's but lately just the 22's
Should the car be softened up to use the 22's or should the same set up work for both tyres

Thanks for any help
ratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 02:56 PM   #6052
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to =MisFitz= NuKe Send a message via Yahoo to =MisFitz= NuKe

I can not really help you on the set up, I never ran that car, but with the tires, the same set-up should work for both, but if you were able to keep the temperature the same, and go to 27s from 22s you would get less grip. Or vice versa, going to 22s from 27s, your car would probably get too much traction.
=MisFitz= NuKe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 06:48 PM   #6053
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default Re: More speed

Quote:
Originally posted by ratter
I have a newbie type question, I race at a tight asphalt high grip track with my Mission (first model) and I run in 540 pro (stock johnson motor)

I have my car steering and handling what appears to be very nice, well at least to my requirements, but the car is slow compared to most of the other racers.
I know I will pick up some time as i get better at driving, but the other night I could string together a series of laps with good lines, without even letting off the throttle, but my laps times are still down. I'm running similar if not the same gear ratios as most of the other drivers.

I was wondering what can I do to my set up to make it faster, but without upsetting the steering and handling?
I know most things are a compromise, but i was thinking about going harder springs or going from 3 to 2 holes on the shock pistons.

I'm using a diff, some guys are using the diff, others 1 ways and some are going spool, but most seem consistant no matter which form of front drive they are using.

I'm using blue springs on the front and reds on the rear and only have the rear sway bar connected. if I was to go heavier springs, would I still keep the difference between front and rear, ie go to reds at the front and yellows at the rear to keep the same balance?

I have 4mm of droop at the rear and 2mm at the front
1.5 camber at front 1.0 at rear
6 degrees caster
0.5 toe out on front
2.0 toe in on rear

Normally use take off 27's or 22's but lately just the 22's
Should the car be softened up to use the 22's or should the same set up work for both tyres

Thanks for any help
hello did u try new tires or try cuting the comm on your motor or checking the brushes. what kind of batteries are u running?all that can lead u to slower lap times. see if someone can help u check all that for u.
Old 05-06-2004, 07:03 PM   #6054
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to the shoe

most everyone i know ran the mission with the front and rear shocks set up the same. 45 oil ,3 holes,Schumacher blue springs. All this will not make the car go faster but handel better.If you are not as fast as the others,have someone at your track see if they can find out what is slowing it up
the shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:48 AM   #6055
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Good News!!!

The long awaited gear adaptors are now in stock as well as more Mi2 kits

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2004, 08:15 PM   #6056
Tech Champion

After this weekend I can run my beloved 64 P gears again....
Old 05-08-2004, 06:20 AM   #6057
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

STLNSLT win one for the gippa
HarshGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 06:49 AM   #6058
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Hey any of you guys like the RW spurs?I just ordered some with my adapter.

Stlnlst,
Who is running the Mi2 out there in 19turn?I noticed 2 were in the B recently,was wondering if they firgured it out yet.I should be out to start getting my car dialed in next Saturday.Also what 19turn are most running at Speedworld anyways?See you later!
Old 05-08-2004, 05:55 PM   #6059
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The RW gears are great. Really quiet and pretty long lasting. The Mi2 picked up another TQ and win in mod today at SWR. The car was really terrific. Super fast and consistant.
Old 05-08-2004, 09:51 PM   #6060
Tech Champion

racenut- Rich has his MI2 running really well right now. He and Jeff are the only one's running the car in 19 turn right now. The set up that Mo and I are running right now are pretty dialed. When you come out next weekend be ready to have some fun. Today was a blast. We had racing and a birthday party it was cool. The MI2 finished 1st and 3rd today. Jimmy J. and Matt F. even came by to shoot the breeze. Fun, fun, fun........