Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Here's my review on the Schumacher MI2. Quite possibly the best touring car ever. Great job Schumacher! The rest of the website will be updated by Friday.

http://www.balakracing.com/schumachermi2sedan.htm

Bryan
Old 04-12-2004, 03:32 PM
Tech Regular

i dont know if you will get this or not!

but i have a ideal that pw can us why dont shumacher or pdub but out a nut driver and screw driver set like losi has and all the other guys with the name on them it would be cool to get a set when im able to put my transmission back together on my wifes van!

also it was a good looking car in driver mag. good job on the paint job i wish i could get a blue one just like it. but im going to try and make it when i get mine later in the month.

my b-day is the 30th. and i hope my wife gets it for me so be sure that i get the carbon job with the gear adapter!

one more thing why do thy always mach up a hpi so grate when there is a shumacher in the mag. its like a shumacher with shaft -its imbaracing(cant spell).
Old 04-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Tech Initiate

Does yone run this car in stock yet?What do you think?Is the 17 or 20 ratio better suited for stock?Also how many arrunning the stock shocks.The team guys seem to be running tamiya shocks.Help!
Old 04-12-2004, 06:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Balak Racing
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend. Here's my review on the Schumacher MI2. Quite possibly the best touring car ever. Great job Schumacher! The rest of the website will be updated by Friday.

Bryan
Nicely done review! Almost makes me want to try it out ...hey you need to update your links to my rollout calculator, go here instead:

http://www.gearchart.com

Anyone know the MI2's tranny ratio? ...I can add it to the gearing calculator.
Old 04-12-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rcracing1973
Does yone run this car in stock yet?What do you think?Is the 17 or 20 ratio better suited for stock?Also how many arrunning the stock shocks.The team guys seem to be running tamiya shocks.Help!
First off, dont worry about the shocks, if that is the deciding factor, well, then dont let it be, the stock shocks are fine, just some of us would rather run some other brand's shocks.

second, I ran the car in stock only once, jeez i hate that class, but as far as the car goes, it was sweet. I did not run it that many times, so I cannot go into detail.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Regular

Like Mike just said the stock shocke are fine. I ran them with my mission and was very pleased with them. I plan on keeping the stock ones on my MI2 as well. I have been building Schumacher shocks for 12 years and theirs are as good as any, IMO. I have an idea how about we start a thread only for set-ups .That way people won't have to sift through so much shoeshit to find them!Just set-ups and some notes on the set-up and track conditions. Mission I @II set-ups.
Old 04-12-2004, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

yaaa, did you start it??? or do you want me to?
Old 04-12-2004, 11:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Bryan
Excuse my language but that is one kick ass review. Well written and nice pics.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:29 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by HarshGuy
Nicely done review! Almost makes me want to try it out ...hey you need to update your links to my rollout calculator, go here instead:

http://www.gearchart.com

Anyone know the MI2's tranny ratio? ...I can add it to the gearing calculator.
Thanks, I will add that new info. Internal Ratio is either 1.8:1 or 2.12:1

Bryan
Old 04-13-2004, 04:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks, I will add that new info. Internal Ratio is either 1.8:1 or 2.12:1

Bryan
Oh DUHH ...it was right there in your review ....it's been added to the gearchart database.
Old 04-13-2004, 04:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by STLNLST
Excuse my language but that is one kick ass review. Well written and nice pics.
Thanks. Now go wash your mouth out with soap

Bryan
Old 04-13-2004, 06:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Thanks. Now go wash your mouth out with soap

Bryan
yes daddy....
Old 04-13-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We run the car with the 20T pulley (1.8:1) all the time everywhere. The key ot belt efficiency is reduced belt speed. The belt travels slower at the 1.8 ratio.
Old 04-13-2004, 09:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Thats what I would have thought also.I ran an xray for a bit and that thing was faster with the lower pulley ratio.It made the car come out of the corner really hard which is usually always a good thing.Thanks!
Old 04-13-2004, 11:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by AdrianM
We run the car with the 20T pulley (1.8:1) all the time everywhere. The key ot belt efficiency is reduced belt speed. The belt travels slower at the 1.8 ratio.
Are you sure about that? I'd say the belts travel at exactly the same speed (at given car speed), no matter what the pulley is, as the belt speed is dependent on car speed (actually, rotational speed of the wheels)and diff pulley size only, nothing else.

What does have an effect is that the layshaft rotational speed is slower with the bigger pulley (for the given car speed), but the side effect is that the rotating mass is also bigger (larger pulley & possibly also spur gear). All that matters in the end is the inertia, and IIRC rotational inertia is proportional to mass and square rotational speed, so it's theoretically possible that at lower speeds the small pulley is more efficient (mass dominates), at bigger speeds the larger pulley is better (speed becomes more important). It's probably not too easy to calculate where exactly the tradeoff point is (at least I'm not capable of doing it ), but it makes sense.

A tiny bit of efficiency with the big pulley also comes from bending the belt less compared to small pulley.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.