Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 04-02-2004, 07:58 AM
Tech Regular

could someone tell me were i could find a way to buy a custom graphic for my turbo Gfx
Old 04-02-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.mcmoneydesigns.com/
http://www.tresleonard.com/
Old 04-03-2004, 03:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Any answers ?

Originally posted by ratter
When you say tight diffs, do you mean locked diffs or just adjusted tight?
what set up mods would you do, to get it to turn in harder with a spool compared to a diff?

thanks
Mick

any one want to help a RC newbie
Old 04-03-2004, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default Re: Any answers ?

Originally posted by ratter
any one want to help a RC newbie
To answer your turn in question try going to 2 degree blocks in the front with a spool. This should help some with turning into the corners.

And tight diffs are just real tight regular diffs. They aren't locked but they can be considered almost locked since they may be 1/4 turn from fully locked or maybe a little less.
Old 04-03-2004, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Default New Member

FYI, Just joined RCTECH. Gotta stay in the loop!

Steve McNichols
Old 04-03-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

hey guys, once again, have some more sweeeeet updates, just finished racing today in mod, updates tonight, set-up sheet tom.
Old 04-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

just a quick note.

Built my Mi2 today, could not figure out why the main belt was hitting the spur......

Turns out the Rear diff came with the fence parts on the wrong way round throwing the main belt over a couple of mm's from where it should run.

Maybe something to look out for when building your car.
Old 04-03-2004, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Had a pretty good showing today in mod. The car was pretty fast and stable. The traction was low but the set up that I was using had nice grip all around. I'll go more into detail when I have a little more time. I'm about 90% to what I'd call a stable standard set up. Once I race with higher traction we'll see how much the set up changes.
Old 04-03-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ran my Mi2 in practice today, the car is getting there. Very consistant and predictible. although I am not.
Old 04-03-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by stulec52
just a quick note.

Built my Mi2 today, could not figure out why the main belt was hitting the spur......

Turns out the Rear diff came with the fence parts on the wrong way round throwing the main belt over a couple of mm's from where it should run.

Maybe something to look out for when building your car.
mine was fine,
Old 04-03-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

it may have been fine, and mine could well be the only one out there that had the fences on the in the wrong place, but just a heads up that it is a possibility.
It throws the belt off enough to hit against the spur gear.
Old 04-03-2004, 07:57 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey guys....Keep up the great work with the Mi2!!! I will get to run my car tomorrow on a parking-lot track for the first time.

Incase you would like to keep up with Team Schumacher at the LRP race, click here http://www.lrp-electronic.de/e/main_frameset_e.htm Our very own Teemu Leino (Mi2) is sitting second on the grid going into tomorrow
Old 04-03-2004, 07:59 PM
Regional Moderator

PW - Parking lot?! Speedline is where it's at! lol. (Psst, new track layout, too!)

BTW, Chassis looks awesome.
Old 04-03-2004, 10:19 PM
Tech Master

Alright, well here is my update,
We were able to race today, although because we hadnt raced in a while on that track, the conditions were horrible when we showed up (3rd there), so one of the guys blew off the track, but it was not near enough, to rid the track of all the sand and dirt and what not. The rain cleaned the track the night before, but there was still a lot of dirt on the track. after laying down some big red, we let the track dry, and I headed out for my first practice run. I left the car how it was the last time i ran, except I added the aluminum wheel hub things. The car was good, but had way too much rear traction. After messing with some things in practice I got the car decent. First round was up and I was on a good pace (same pace as I would normally do with my Xray that I had had for years), and then stuffed it into a wall, and of course the corner marshal had to be drinking a coffee, , but that round was ruined anyways. changed some things on the car, thinking it would be better, (changed anti-dive/kickup angles), and then some reason the front toe-in changed drastically, which I didn't notice till too late, but on top of that, the motor had no power. So, another round ruined. The third round I went back to where I was going into the first round, but I put softer springs on the front, and went to the middle hole on the front tower. Car was good, but had to low a temperature tire on the car. Set TQ, and still had a car that pushed. In practice before the mains, I went to three degree rear toe-in, but changed a bunch of other stuff (too tired to remember what, with out looking at my car), car was really good. For the main I left the car as it was in the practice session. One thing to note here is I left the sorex 32's on my car, but in practice I did not notice anything bad because the I only ran a minute or two. In the main the second qualifier guy and I ran 32's( ), and about 3 minutes in our cars turned to mush, so we just screwed around, still finishing first and second. If I had some sorex 36's on the car, I can bet that the car would have been way!!! better. I am going to pick some up at the shop, and run them next weekend and see.
All in all, a good weekend, learned a lot with testing different things on the car. drive-train keeps freeing up more and more.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Mike,

maybe only try one change at a time so you know what works??

but glad tohear you did get the car to run well.
I get to test mine for the first time on Wednesday !!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.