Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 03-29-2004, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Taz_S
did you get the parts and did they work for you STLNLST?
I haven't been to the mail box yet. Work has been killing me. Mo has the mail box key anyway. I'll let you know how they fit. Thanks again for sending them to me.
Old 03-29-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
I haven't been to the mail box yet. Work has been killing me. Mo has the mail box key anyway. I'll let you know how they fit. Thanks again for sending them to me.
cool
Old 03-29-2004, 07:55 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Tim, only bills came in the mail this weekend.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

shoot i sent them to the adds that STLNLST told me. Shoot hope they did not get lost.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:36 PM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

PM or e-mail me the address you sent them too and I'll tell you if it's right or not.
Old 03-29-2004, 02:34 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by STLNLST
The car is working pretty well now. I'll post the set up that TQ'ed and won mod this weekend if I get off of work at a decent time.
is that asphalt? ? or carpet?
Old 03-29-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by =MisFitz= NuKe
is that asphalt? ? or carpet?
asphalt. carpet season is over. It's time to get ready for the Reedy race. Spools from here on out.
Old 03-29-2004, 09:43 PM
Tech Master

k, cant wait to compare set-ups.

Ok, easy question.

Do you run a spool? Yes or no?
everyone quote this, then put your answer

I have access to a CNC mill/lathe at my school , and was going to make some pieces for my TC3, but since I am not running that anymore...., I decided that the one thing that I cannot find in the US, or maybe anywhere, is an actual spool for the Mi2, I am not going to go the lock-up-the-diff-way, so I have drawn up two main designs that I am going to show to my CAD/engineer teacher and get something going here. I want your answers to see if I should make a lot, or just a few, for a few select people.(as in buying the material in bulk or not)
Old 03-29-2004, 10:25 PM
Tech Champion

k, cant wait to compare set-ups.

Ok, easy question.

Do you run a spool? Yes or no?
everyone quote this, then put your answer

I have access to a CNC mill/lathe at my school , and was going to make some pieces for my TC3, but since I am not running that anymore...., I decided that the one thing that I cannot find in the US, or maybe anywhere, is an actual spool for the Mi2, I am not going to go the lock-up-the-diff-way, so I have drawn up two main designs that I am going to show to my CAD/engineer teacher and get something going here. I want your answers to see if I should make a lot, or just a few, for a few select people.(as in buying the material in bulk or not)
Since I know your buddy Paul does that make me part of the select few The way that Paul and Adrian had me make my spool I really don't see the need for anything else....but I'm always up for testing new stuff.
Old 03-29-2004, 10:52 PM
Tech Master

well, correct me if I am wrong, the way you guys are making spools, is taking a diff apart and putting sand paper and stuff in there, then locking it down right? if so, I dont trust that, and would rather have somthing much lighter than that.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

well, correct me if I am wrong, the way you guys are making spools, is taking a diff apart and putting sand paper and stuff in there, then locking it down right? if so, I dont trust that, and would rather have somthing much lighter than that.
Easiest way is to jbweld a oneway or diff... ruins the part but works well. When you're racing and money's tight or parts are unavailable, you do what you can. You can trust jbweld, it's not going to give.
Old 03-30-2004, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

Default P-DUB

Hello,
I was just wondering if there was any word on the P-DUB and when it will be available?
Thanks
Joe
Old 03-30-2004, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

The way we're making it now allows just a pinch of slippage (is that a word) on hard impacts which shouldn't do that much damage compared to a fully locked one. Who knows....yours may be killer. Put me down for one though.
Old 03-30-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Master

Must admit i wish there was a proper spool. I did make one last year for the mission by drilling the outdrives and bolting straight through so it was properly fixed. However i did have a big impact, and did brake one of the outrdrives (and MIP coupling!). I was then recomended to go with the route that is in the manual now. Seemed ok, but it did move, although i suspect that might have been impact related!!

There was some info on the Titanium Racing site that they were looking at makeing some spools, but i haven't heard anything more about that so not sure if they dver did.
Old 03-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

i was woundering if i could get the pro's and con's on the MI2. and dont waste anyones time by saying its perfect because no car is. oh pro's and cons' for foam tires on carpet too

thanks lazy

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.