Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 03-08-2004, 09:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Shoe..I found I could still use the same front mounting holes...the rear body holes had to be elongated slightly as the rear posts are further back, as the Mi2 chassis is longer..

also I slightly enlarged the rear wheel arch to fit...

all in all, not much at all...and not noticable.

(this was on a Protoform stratus 2.0)
Old 03-09-2004, 07:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

PW- the new front towers upper shock mounting holes have the shocks closer to the inside of the chassis centerline so there's no need to drill new holes on them. The middle hole is right about where Rich and I drilled the tower and if needed there's still one more hole if we want to lay them down even more. This weekend will be fun since the faster pro4 guys will now have parts and the yok guys have been on a tear. The fastest Losi won't be there (he now drives a Mi2 ) and the fastest TC3 driver doesn't want to run carpet anymore this season. With the new camber link locations on the front towers will there be a new set up sheet coming out anytime soon?
Old 03-09-2004, 07:19 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Rob call me when you get a chance.

I ran my mi2 yesterday for the second time. Car was really good. I went 5 seconds quicker than I had the first week after a little more fine tuning. Tq'd and won in 19 turn. I ran Rob's setup from last week with a few small changes.

One other thing I tried yesterday was for one qual I went to the 17 tooth layshaft pulley instead of the 20 to see if I could tell a difference. Used the same FDR and car was the same speed. It seemed like the car had more snap out of the corner with the 17 but its kinda hard to say.

As for anyone asking about how effecient the drive train is another racer was checking motor temps after each race last night and everyone's he checked (Tc3s mostly and a few yok's) their motor temps were in the 200-220 range...Mine was 139 one heat to a high of 153 in another heat!! And we were all running about the same roll out and motor setup. People were impressed to say the least.

eric a

guys I saw EA run this car and man I was shocked how smooth the drivetrain was and how well the car was built. If it just had the 3mm chassis it would be even sweeter. I like how the battery tray slides from front to back and side to side and the options of the gears 17-20 very neat ideal!

Ea keep up the good work bro you looked great out there as always.
Old 03-09-2004, 08:05 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey Clint....I will ask today if they are going to update the setup sheet. I didn't realize they released the lower towers with those holes because those are the holes I asked for...hehehe

I have also found the the rear bar gives the car more rear traction exiting the corners and that should help at speedworld!

Ko racer....Thanks for the update on EA. We are happy to see him back with us and looks to be a good start back

Hey Fartwright.....Good job this weekend!!!! Now go get some damn sleep so you are ready to lay the smack down at the carpet nats!!!! btw: Send me your setup from that race!
Old 03-09-2004, 05:04 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Thanks KO!! You did well with your new ride as well!! I'll have to get you converted to a Schuie....at least where they are made they speak our language!!! LOL

EA
Old 03-09-2004, 05:44 PM
Tech Regular

Thankyou Gavin i did that so i will be able to change it over to the MI2 when it comes.I have to run the mission this weekend and my other body did not fair that well this past weekend.All alone in first and trying to tighten my line and caught a corner and riped the right rear wheel off and left frount portion of the body off. I could have crused to an easy win but was trying to break my fastest lap time.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Default Hanging it up!

wall dacor
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-alfa.jpg  
Old 03-09-2004, 06:37 PM
Tech Regular

Default in with the new

Here is the new shell (but with the old Mission PW, Adrin,Troy!!!)
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-alfa-010.jpg  
Old 03-09-2004, 09:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

PW- The set up that Rich and I came up with has the sway bars hooked up in the front and the rear. I'll fax over the set up we ran once I get to work tomorrow. Hopefully it can be of some use to the guys in England. We ran this set up with a 19 turn motor. After this weekend's race all future testing will be with a mod motor. I can't wait until I can use my 64p gears again. Any word on the release of the adapter?
Old 03-09-2004, 09:53 PM
Tech Master

lol, i know...6464646464646464646464...all I can think of,
unless Paul has received an update, it is still a few weeks away (2) till the adaptor and toe-in stuff comes in
Old 03-10-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Reedy Race Entries

The entry form is up for the Reedy Race. Its a lottery system this year but you still need to get the entries in ASAP. Deadline is April 1st.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/Reedy_Touring_2004_Ad.pdf
Old 03-10-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by STLNLST
PW- The set up that Rich and I came up with has the sway bars hooked up in the front and the rear. I'll fax over the set up we ran once I get to work tomorrow. Hopefully it can be of some use to the guys in England. We ran this set up with a 19 turn motor. After this weekend's race all future testing will be with a mod motor. I can't wait until I can use my 64p gears again. Any word on the release of the adapter?
Don't forget my pinion you borrowed Those old Losi pinions are gold baby See you friday
Old 03-10-2004, 12:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by EAMotorsports
Thanks KO!! You did well with your new ride as well!! I'll have to get you converted to a Schuie....at least where they are made they speak our language!!! LOL

EA
EA you are so right there look forward to seeing you run this weekend at the state race cya soon Bro.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can anybody point me in the direction of some resources to help me understand the effect of altering roll centre on a car's performance (and how to measure roll centre).

The other area I'm looking for advice on is in understanding the difference between inboard and outboard toe (in terms of what the different adjustments do and when to use what).

Doesn't need to be MI2 specific - just looking for a solid understanding of suspension theory (preferably written in a way a normal person can understand!)

thanks.
Old 03-10-2004, 08:08 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Hey scottg....Check out www.xxxmain.com They got a cool chassis tuning guide.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.