Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 03-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Tech Master

Yes the carbon car has an S1 tray, at least all the ones that i have seen are.
Old 03-06-2004, 04:40 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

probably cause si dosent conduct and wont short out packs if a pack gets torn for some reason
Old 03-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

that is correct, the S1 FiberGlass type material wont conduct electricity...so, the rest is self-explanatory
Old 03-06-2004, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Alrighty boys.... Going testing tomorrow. I will post any findings here.. Will be the last day before trying out a thicker chassis (carpet-foams).
Old 03-07-2004, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Well, I ran my car yesterday in our weekly racing. I had to run stock, not my choice, because they were doing a stock, 4-week mini-series. For being the first time out, the car worked very well. Being that I had no set-up to go off of, I was not sure where to start. I did finally find a decent set-up, but I felt that I needed 2 degrees of rear toe-in, 3 being way too much, and 1.5 being just a bit too little. At the end of the day I put some harder front springs on the car and threw in my 19-turn. The car was dialed! Although, yet again, I felt I needed 2-degree toe-in. This next weekend we will be running mod again, so I will be posting more updates. I will probably go practice during the week with mod.
As far as the quality of the car, it is top notch. After driving flat out into a car sitting in our fast chicane nothing happened to the car. I kept on going, noticing no changes in the car's handling.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Hey Rob call me when you get a chance.

I ran my mi2 yesterday for the second time. Car was really good. I went 5 seconds quicker than I had the first week after a little more fine tuning. Tq'd and won in 19 turn. I ran Rob's setup from last week with a few small changes.

One other thing I tried yesterday was for one qual I went to the 17 tooth layshaft pulley instead of the 20 to see if I could tell a difference. Used the same FDR and car was the same speed. It seemed like the car had more snap out of the corner with the 17 but its kinda hard to say.

As for anyone asking about how effecient the drive train is another racer was checking motor temps after each race last night and everyone's he checked (Tc3s mostly and a few yok's) their motor temps were in the 200-220 range...Mine was 139 one heat to a high of 153 in another heat!! And we were all running about the same roll out and motor setup. People were impressed to say the least.

eric a
Old 03-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Testing this weekend was 50/50

saturday- nothing went right. I broke every caster block I own along with a rear shock tower. I had a pretty proven set up that I was trying out but it didn't fit my driving stlye or the track I was at. I couldn't get the rear end planted no matter what I did. I played around with camber links, shock location and springs all day Saturday with no luck at all. Got made fun of and the dog won't talk to me.......knowing that this car will work for me I planned on coming back out on Sunday with some ideas and a team mate.

Sunday- The cop and I are at the track testing again still not happy with the rear end.....we both agree that the front shocks need to be laid down more so we drilled some new holes in the front tower to lay the shocks down more and noticed the difference right away. We also played with the rear toe and feel that 2.0 degrees of rear toe would have been nice to test with today (adjustable rear toe is coming soon) but it's not here so we did other things. At the end of the day the car was planted and was very stable and consistent. The drive train is very smooth and the car has plenty of rip out of the corners if you feel like grabbing some throtle.

I do suggest fitting your car with a BRP TC3 front bumper. It helps out alot with the front impacts you might have during a race. We didn't break any caster blocks today and the hits today were worse than the dinky one's I took yesterday. We felt so good with the car we let another track local drive the car and he was very impressed with the car....too bad he just spent a load of money on the por 4 I'll post the final set up that we ended up with later on today once I put it in my set up book.

Thanks goes out to Rich for coming out and helping with the set up that I needed for next weeks big race. have fun at Disneyland and I'll talk to you once you get back into town.

PW & Adrian- I'll give you guys a call in the morning.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RC Old Man
Hey guys, I was working on my MI2 and I thought I would throw up a pic of the front brace Paul was talking about for running without the roll center plates installed. I'll post a few more also.

You can see it on top of the front forward arm mounts. There are two purple lock nuts holding it in place.
Looking at the picture of RC Old man's car, very nice car btw, does the it come with:
1) Ti turnbuckles
2) Aluminum CVD bones
3) Aluminum wheel hex
4) Threaded shocks
standard out of the box? Thank you.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

They are steel turnbuckles, The cvd's I have are the TI Racing ones they are not included in the kit, Aluminum wheel hex's are also an option part, Threaded shocks are standard.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Thanks for clearing that up RC old man.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:13 PM
Tech Regular

Can someone tell me if the body posts are in the same position as the missions.I know that they were carried over from that car but is there a difference in length???
Old 03-08-2004, 02:42 PM
Tech Adept

the shoe - the body posts are about 13mm further apart on the Mi2
Old 03-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Will the alu spur gear adapter part # U2252Y fit the Mi2? Since it uses Mip cvds, are there bones from other cars that will fit as well be it shiny or alloy? Thanks again.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:11 PM
PW
Tech Elite

forty6....The new gear adaptor is not yet available so some of the guys have been using the U2252 in the mean time. They however had to modify it by removing the outer set of holes.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Some good running with the MI2 over the weekend. The track was very fast and lots of bite. Got to run with hodge and baker. The car was excellent when I wasn't screwing things up. It's hard to race and run the races at the same time . I was on Tq pace by a few seconds but I screwed up. Oh well, we had lots of fun. Finishing behind those guys isn't bad. Next time your going to have to come up PW.

andrew

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.