R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-30-2004, 09:32 PM   #5281
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Cool deal PW...Im making a list this year of who gets work and who dont!! Last year kinda got out of control...LOL 60 plus motors got crazy!! Ive already got team schuie penciled in though!!

New car looks good....I wanna check yours out when I get there....I may be looking for a new TC for the up coming season.

ea
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:56 AM   #5282
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I just finished my Mi2...same experience as Rob...set ride height to 5mm...put it on the tweak station...it was dialed! Not one turn of a preload collar!
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 03:13 AM   #5283
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Oasis2001

Hey guys,

We just had our first run with a prototype MI2 today. What a great car. It ius so much freer than my Mission before I had even put it onto the track. The car is super smooth and had excellent high speed steering with more exit. this is kit setup with a diff. We always run oneways here in Australia and this car is setup better than my Mission ever was. I have to say its super easy to drive and transitions very nicely. Havent tested durability as yet as I havent hit anything-thank god!

Will start trying some more settings tomorrow and spool diffs intrigue us with this car.

Will keep updated.
Oasis2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 06:06 AM   #5284
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to rcshark

im driving 960. miles to race on carpet with you guys you better win. good look see you at the birds. Im leaving now see you monday. save me a spot...
rcshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 12:25 PM   #5285
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey Schumacher guys when ya going to send me a MI2, this waiting stuff is killin me.
Old 01-31-2004, 12:57 PM   #5286
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Chris P, I haven't managed to break anything yet (4 meetings - i think!!) and it has taken a couple of knocks in that time!! I think Robbie's been assembling a little "graveyard" but i think that's probably just him as everyone else has been fine. Remember mine survived that W/L national as well, that was a feat in itself

I have run a spool a couple of times. In testing a while back it was sweet, but it was a track where we always ran a spool with the old car. Tried it with rubbers on carpet today, mega fast, but as soon as i strayed off line then it was game over, there was coming no back!!
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 04:14 PM   #5287
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to the shoe

rcshark i'm from SouthPadre Island and moved here to Daytona a year ago.I will try and look you up at the schumacher camp at The Bird my name is Mark Nortness. The Shoe
the shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2004, 09:46 PM   #5288
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Well my last pre-Birds post, 9 hours I will be on my way over to Orlando to pick up McMoney and Teemu from the airport. Anyone heading over there for the race please stop by the Schumacher booth and say Hi.

What the heck, anyone who comes by the booth and places an order with us or a local shop for the all new MI2 will get a special edition Mi2 shirt This shirt is a limited run just for the Snowbirds race....Special thanks to Latif!

JConcepts - Team Associated - Reedy - XP - TSR Products - MIP - Stickit1
P1 Brand - "If it's only for fun; then take out the transponder?!"
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 11:54 AM   #5289
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to koabich

Paul/Adrian,
I would like to order in advance an Acer Ceramic Bearing set for the MI2. Is the bearings set for the Mission the same as the MI2?
Thanks
Joe
koabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 04:28 PM   #5290
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

dont spend your money on bearings...not needed!

My Mi2 is free'r than my mission was with accer carbides, fully blown clean of grease and lightly royal oiled, plus R.W pulles, and prepped belts..(soaked rear belt in wd.40 to soften

the Mi2 is free'r out of the box standard with no attention paid to increasing efficiency whatsoever...no belt prep, no work done to bearings etc..

the bearings included in the kit "look" identicle to Acrer dual polyamide bearings, blue seals, and are oiled not greased....

the difference from the mission bearing kit is that the diff bearings are now a 15x10 flanged bearings..you also need extra of the small flanged layshaft bearings to be used as the front belt tensioners...(4 in total) plus the layshaft power roller non flanged...

sorry but I dont have the bearing specs here with me, but save your money at least until its time to replace the kit bearings from wear and tear...

I ran my car as it came from the Kit, with the addition of some titanium screws and it was well and truly underweight, even with 15 grams added near the servo to get perfect balance, and a personal transponer installed...

this is the first car I havent felt the need to hopup!...may just get some Ti turnbuckles in purple coz they look so nice, but thats about it ..

I equaled my P.B on the 3rd run, using the kit setup and a diff, truly stoked!..

at the end of the second day, once I changed the diff to a spool, lets just say I was very very happy indeed!..still grinning...=)

The Mi2 is the easiest car I have ever driven at speed, I spent 2 days familiarising myself with the car, making adjustments to see how the car responed, and at the end of the 2nd day when I went for some fast runs, the times were there.

Last edited by King-G; 02-01-2004 at 05:49 PM.
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 04:46 PM   #5291
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to Oasis2001

KingGs and I test day was caught on tape!

Check it out here:

MI2 Video at TFTR Australia
Oasis2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 11:00 PM   #5292
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Andrew Cartwright did some very hard runs in his production Mi2 last night with an 8 turn on carpet/foams. He did not install the power roller for the rear belt and had not a trace of skipping belts. I truly believe we have the best drivetrain of any sedan.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 11:03 PM   #5293
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

That's great to know. Can you send my Mi2 home with Billy B.... Good luck to all of the Schuie guys. I can't wait to get some stick time in with the new car.
Old 02-01-2004, 11:18 PM   #5294
Tech Apprentice

enough talk i want it now now now!
alfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 02:08 AM   #5295
Tech Fanatic

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oasis2001, what motor was he running in the car?
RKeasler is offline   Reply With Quote