Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

too soft...(imo)

for most racing in most conditions, the blues are most commonly used.

I have used grey's once or twice, when the track was wet, or very dusty.

combine the blue springs with 30 - 40 weight oil and 3 hole piston for outdoor asphalt as a good starting point, only go up in oil when grip level is increased (usually carpet or if the track is prepped with VHT, sugar water etc)
Old 09-16-2003, 06:17 PM
Tech Addict

For socal you can run red/reds or red rear blue front I run both with a spool. With 45 or 50 wt

Last edited by teamAE; 09-16-2003 at 06:23 PM.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:48 PM
Tech Regular

Holy Cow- Which style shock foam are you using? The Schuie foam has changed several times, and some of the foam "doughnuts" are very firm. The last new ones I recieved were VERY firm, and required a change in spring (believe it or not).

I to think the black springs would be too soft. Personally 99% of the time the greys are too soft as well. It is possible you have travelled too far down the spring chart (too soft), and need to stiffen the car to gain more traction.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
hey all

I am in need of a new belt for my mission....my club is now heading indoors on carpet and I only race stock....could you guy's please let me know what is the belt I should go with?? I am kinda lost in all the current hop-ups and what-not so I figured it is just as ez to ask....I think the rear belt is fine for now...

secondly, I noticed that all my outdrives are wearing (dog bones are starting to notch them) and I am unsure of what to buy..do I just replace with regular stock schuie or is there something better out there?? price does kinda matter but I would also spend a little more to get a bit more life....
thanx for the info guy's
Old 09-17-2003, 05:38 AM
Tech Adept

Titanium Racing out of the UK makes Titanium CVDs for the Mission. Very smooth and lightweight. Well, you don't save much weight in the CVD, but when you replace that steel axel, things lighten up considerably on the drivertrain. Weee bit of acceleration gained too. My local shop had them, but you can order from their site for $45/pair. My local shop had them much cheaper though.

http://www.titaniumracing.com/

Bryan
Old 09-17-2003, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

The outdrives should last an eternity if you only change the plastic inserts in time when they start to wear through.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Jay Dub
Holy Cow- Which style shock foam are you using? The Schuie foam has changed several times, and some of the foam "doughnuts" are very firm. The last new ones I recieved were VERY firm, and required a change in spring (believe it or not).

I to think the black springs would be too soft. Personally 99% of the time the greys are too soft as well. It is possible you have travelled too far down the spring chart (too soft), and need to stiffen the car to gain more traction.
well I am currently running the greys all around, with 80weight oil with the 2 hole piston. I have read a handfull of the mission pro setup sheets from schumachers website, and a lot of guys are running either the 40 or 45 weight oil 1 hole piston, or the 70-80 weight 2 hole piston... It doesnt seem to be too much dampning... the socal track is pretty smooth so a tad bit more of dampning is good.

Are the greys really too soft? I was told to go down from my reds.. they dont FEEL too soft... I need Don V to help me with my socal setup
Old 09-17-2003, 01:19 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I normally run the hardest springs I can and still have the car drive smoothly. If your car is the same with grays or red springs on I would then run the reds. Whatever feels best to you.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:04 PM
PW
Tech Elite

We normally run Blue springs on most tracks. Socal is its own beast, from what I understand its a very special track. I know this sounds weird, but on high-bite tracks (carpet rubber tire) we go softer springs and stand the shocks up (more vertical).....Give it a shot
Old 09-17-2003, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

I remember when I first got the kit and the shocks were all the way up and yellows and it felt preaty good. Maybe if I try ti with blues>>
Old 09-17-2003, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

help please

I don't know what the heck I was thinking what i meant is the Diff output is showing notches...please I know somebody has had this problem....do I just buy new out-puts or is there a better version???

Also I still wondering bout which belt is better to go with??the standard schuie speedflex?? by the way if you did not read my above post we are just moving to indoor carpet and I only race stock motors...
Old 09-17-2003, 08:11 PM
PW
Tech Elite

racerb....Normally if you start to see pitting or notching, that means you are going to long without changing the blades. Once they (outdrive) pit or notch, they will have to be changed.

The blades hold up very well under normal use, but it only takes one major crash while on-power to damge the blade. If the blade is damaged, you should replace it for the next run. I have gone weeks without changing a blade and on the other hand, I've had to change the blade after only one race because of a major crash.

Most of us run the stock rear belt and the gray front.
Old 09-17-2003, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

Default ok thanx PW

I just wanted to make sure that when i go to buy some new ones that I get the best ones I can....also so the grey belt is good fo stock...I just thought i read somewhere that grey is good for mod but not as good in stock...but you are the schuie man so i will listen to ya
Old 09-18-2003, 01:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

hi racerb,
I race stock with both front and rear grey belts, very free drivetrain!
Old 09-18-2003, 06:28 AM
Tech Master

Talking kool

thanx guy's

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.