Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 03-30-2003, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I have the same problem with running the Inline camber link setup. Until I can get the longer turnbuckles in i had to modify my setup a little. one thing i am enjoying is pulling away from those TC3's
Old 03-30-2003, 02:31 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Bob what track do you run at? Are you going to Laurel, MD for opening day at HobbyWorks?

I know the front upper links are a little weak as I don't really hit the wall that much and the shot I took was nothing more that normal. Non of my other touring cars had this problem and have taken hits alot worse than what I gave it for it to break like it did. I think I will look for some longer titanium rods that are the same thickness but about 4mm longer. That should stop the problem.
Old 03-30-2003, 03:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I normally race at Zak's Hobbies, Millville RC, SJCCR. They are all local tracks all but millvile are parkinglot tracks. we have some very fast guys in stock touring out here. Actually a few past National champions. And if ya are into Nitro Joel Johnson can usually be found ripping it up around here too.....

As soon as i get the new turnbuckles Ill pass along all the info for everyone. and your right they suck if your running inline....i just rub the wall, not even hit, just rub, and i notice they crack. and everyone told me my XXXS was fragile LOL. Im running my mission til the nationals, that will give me a solid 8 months with the car....if i still am breaking them I think I will be moving on. by the way i buy upper arms 4 pairs at a time
Old 03-30-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

WYD: I've never been to Laurel, I doubt that I will be able to make that race.....

You gonna try and make Frederick this Saturday if it doesn't rain??

BTW: I'm not sure if anyone answered your question, but yes the Fusion bulkheads/ upper suspension mounts will work, and it will space the uppe arms out so you can run the in-line position w/o unthreading the tie-rods far enough to damage them.....

ALSO-- BOB and WYD, if you thread the tie-rods out further on the ballcup and leave them further into the inner arm it will stop your breakage probems......
Old 03-30-2003, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

fyi, Timmy was driving a TC3 this past weekend.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:12 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Bob Barry I was thinking of buying 2 pairs as I just bought another Mission new in the box carbon fiber version $122.00 bucks. Man what a steal that was. I'm sure it is a easy fix and since the alum. Fusion bulkheads fit I will just get them since they move the arm out some. IMPACPLAYR said they fit but move the arms out so less threads will be at the end. I'm calling them on Monday to see if they have any in stock at Schumacher.

IMPACTPLAYR I would go to Fredrick this weekend but I'm riding my 4 wheeler on Saturday at our local club. I will be coming to Fredrick very soon though. I like asphalt with foams so I will be their. Alot of the Fredrick guys were up at RCO most of the winter season.
Old 03-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Default You go Timmy

Congrats Timmy on your change to such an awesome car. I now that Adrian and Paul will give you their full support on your decision. Say Hi to your MOM and when are you guys moving to FL where it is warm.......

Congrats on the first race with your TC3!!!
Old 03-30-2003, 10:16 PM
Tech Adept

alrighty cool, i will try and get some ti ones. :-)
Old 03-30-2003, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BigDogRacing
Brian if you read back through this thread you will see plenty of commentson the RW pulleys. You will also find everything you need to know about the tie rods. There are longer ones for running the ball in the outer or "inline" hole.
The "inline"(outer on hub/s) hole will give you more stability yet teaction(who needs traction anyway-LOL-hehehe, where were you today BigDog?
Old 03-31-2003, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

I would like to say thanks to Paul and Adrian for all of the support over the past year. The Schumacher Mission is a great car, I just felt like I needed to try something different.

Thanks so much,

Timmy Heiser
Old 03-31-2003, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good luck Timmy. Congrats on the win at Scottys place.
Old 04-01-2003, 11:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Big Dog.. thanks for the help.... I didnt fare too well in my first hibite foam race... 6th in the mod A... maybe next time.
Mini driver... Dave I thought you only ran Tamiya's! I think we were the only two Schumacher guys there now that Timmy drives a TC3. Oops I think Phil has a Mission also... that makes 3... still not a lot of Mission guys.
Old 04-03-2003, 12:49 PM
Tech Adept

ttt
Old 04-03-2003, 08:36 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Just put on the roll center setup on the front of my car. Can't wait til Saturday to try it out and see how it does. If it does as the directions say it will give my car just what I'm looking for in the front end. Time will tell.
Old 04-03-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Regular

It works quite well. Did you get the new kit with the carbon fiber brace? I had the old peices where you have to buy them off the fireblade, well I was T boned hard and it busted the chassis hole that the screw goes into. Because there is not cross beam support for one end to pull on the other, the a arm pulled out the screw, busting my chassis. I got a new chassis and made a carbon fiber brace. Learn from your mistakes I guess lol But I will this summer install the rear peices, but the front you can tell a difference in.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.