Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2003, 05:06 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Five 7 I normally fill the shocks up til the threads inside the shock body. I theb put my shock cap on and tighten til it is almost in all the way. Then I slowly push the shock shaft down til it stops and then with the shock shaft still in I tighten the the cap the rest of the way down and then pull the shaft back out. I have been doing my Schumacher shocks that way for 10 years. Seems to work well for me. Try it out and see if it works for you.

Bob Barry at our track most run TC3's, XXX-S, and some XRays. I will be the first with the new Mission at RCO. I saw one their last year but the guy who had it never really had it working. I never had a Schumacher car on foams on asphalt not work so I guess I will know this weekend. My other ones all worked great so I expect this one will be no different. It is a little hard to have the only one but I'm kinda use to that since I have been running Schumacher touring cars for over 8 years. I like being different so it is ok.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:23 AM
Tech Adept

WYD's way works for me, I run Losi pistons and I notch the seal cartridge to prevent the air from being trapped.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Big Dog...can you post or send me a link to your outdoor/asphalt/rubber setup? Curious to see how it compares to mine. I went to the one on the MSRA site, but its for 10 turn...you running the same setup for 19 t??

Was running Sat, and car was doing fine except for turn in...Had no entry steering...mid and exit were good...I just went back to the stock roll center, and adjusted droop, but havent run it yet to see how it is now...

I notice you're using Assoc Springs...do you use them exclusively? I've been using the Schumacher springs , but the Assoc give finer adjustments...

Take care...by the way, I talked with David the other day...he's in school now, and busy there, but hopes to havea chance to race soon on a Sat..

Mark
Old 03-11-2003, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Thanks WYD, I'll give er a shot. What about getting the air bubbles out? I never could get them all out. I have heard of leaving them overnight. What do you think? Or do you just pump them up and down untill the bubbles are out.......20 or 30 times??

Thanks,

Brent
Old 03-11-2003, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Questions for Axis owners

Racer B,
first, I dont think that the users on this site would withhold info on setups, or other technical questions you may have. If you have a question(s), just ask. Your setup for you axis should be pretty close to mission's setups. Your arms are different, but I beleive the missions parts can be retro'd to your car, along with hubs, and bulkheads. The towers I also beleive can be changed. But if your were to change all these parts some would say, "Heck, why not just buy a mission." Your cars setup still with the current parts it uses should be close to missions anyway. I would recommend the in line hubs at least. I ran a Axis pro for a while, but I wanted to run the current car. Do you run on asphalt or carpet would be the first question I would ask.??
As for shocks, bleeding and all. This is a simple task, if you have a little bit of time and PATIENCE. I fill the foam compensator to saturate the foam. Then install it into the cartridge. Second I V-groove the cartridge right on the mold line to allow oil to bleed into the cartridge easier(thanks Dirttrix). The I fill the body until the oil reaches the threads, push the shaft so the ball cup touches the bottom of the cartridge, and then I insert the shaft into the body of the shock. I push the shaft till it bottoms out in the top of the shock screwing the cartridge at the same time. I usually get a perfect shock every time. I also use AE oil, and losi 60 pistons. Try it, you might like it.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

RacerB...if you have the book that came with your axis 2, as i recall the setup in the back of that book, with the red springs was pretty good for asphalt racing. I used to run an axis, then the axis 2, but dont remember specifics so didnt respond because I didnt want to give you bad info.

I think that might be the main reason you didnt get any response to your questions...very few people are still running that model..(Actually, I still hver an axis 2 in a box in the garage...ought to sell it..)
Old 03-11-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Talking hey it no biggy guy's

I think I have just had some bad luck when asking questions..like there being a big race and everyone is gone when I ask...anyways, I still come back and look at things here I just don't really ask many questions anymore....I really would like to get a mission but the hobby shop I use (which is the only one in 300 KM of us) doesn't really carry much stuff for the mission...lots of axis 2 parts but not much newer...I still want one but right now I am still learning how to drive and breaking parts and it would really suck if I had to wait a month for parts to be ordered....I am currently running on carpet but in 2 or 3 more races we will be moving to our aspahlt track whic I have never run this car on but I am looking forward to it...

HEY BRENT (five7) why don't we re-do our shocks one night..if we could ever find a good night that is convienient for both
Old 03-11-2003, 03:49 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

FIVE 7 I don't think you ever really make them all go away. I just wait for a few minutes til most are out then finish bleeding them. As long as I filled the shock up far enough in the beginning I never have air in them.
Old 03-11-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Regular

racerb....the axis will do better on asphalt...it has too much chassis flex for carpet, in my opinion.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Talking sweeettttt

cause I think I have done alright for my first year of racing..I have been doing this since august and my first car was a RC10ds..I bought my axis2 in december and since thenI have won 2 club races and I just finished my first weekend long race with a first place in the novice.....this is all on carpet..but I was just happy to be getting in the top 3 for this being my first year

kool I am glad to hear that my schuie should work well outdoors thanx
Old 03-11-2003, 06:56 PM
PW
Tech Elite

I just wanted to be the 4,000 post!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2003, 07:00 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by PW
I just wanted to be the 4,000 post!!!!!!!!!!
heh, Congrats Paul.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Wink oohhhhhh

just missed it
Old 03-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default racerb

A couple of links for you.

Mission Stuff: Speedtech RC

Mission for sale on Ebay: click

Speedtech is great for parts. You may know this but...

Just wanted to help ya. I have had my Mission upside down, slammed into boards, etc. and she NEVER breaks (knock on wood). Now if I could only make it out of the dreaded B mains...
Old 03-11-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Default hey freq...thanx

only prob with the ebay link is that the guy is shipping to USA...that is the prob I live in canada and every mission I try to get on ebay that is going for a decent price or at least the money I have...the seller is only selling to people in US and I cannot pursuade them to send it to me...even though it is usually only like $16.00-25 USPS air, to send to Canada and shipping here is not that hard..thanx for the heads up thou

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.