R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-13-2003, 02:47 PM   #3811
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

VR6....Its cool man its not a huge deal you apologized and its all good now. I was just trying to save you the trouble of getting in touch with Lunsford and all that when I was sure Schumacher USA has what you are looking for. The Dirt Trix Chassis is neat but I dont see why they did not just flip the drive train and move the motor mount further back? I mean if you flip the lay shaft so the spur is closer to the motor mount and the pulley is on the other side and you also have to swap the blets so the short is on the right and the long on the left and flip your front diff so the gear is moved over it would be easier then machining all the alum. stuff that they offer and spacing the motor out that far plus you would be able to use normal length pinion gears. This is one thing that I have wondered about why its never been done.....from what I have seen it can be done with a new chassis and top plate and thats it.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 03:07 PM   #3812
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Balak, you are welcome to get all the setups you want from our website. They are editable and they are the ones used by Shumacher USA. Since I made the setup sheet, I would appreciate it if you would put a link to our club's website in return, but if you can't it's cool.

MSRA setup sheets

Anything else you need?
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 06:21 PM   #3813
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to rcshark

hello i havent ran my axis pro (its not a 2) much in any races other then a few weeks in vagina on a banked oval with a small infield . But now im going to run a med. large asphalt track in houston. I have the laydowns with the hubs though and i have it in the ladown set up! i have blue springs and 100 wt. oil. i would like to know if i change to the axis 2 chassis set up would it help me gain or is what i have okay i never had the twick that is anounced often with the axis but i would like to have any info that i can get i thank its fast as any other car on the track and i have ran both stock and mod. I wish i was up to date on the cars but i cant aford to get a car upgraded where it needs to be just to buy another! lol

thanks your fellow driver
rcshark!
rcshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:03 PM   #3814
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I know this is the electric side but I though you guys should know that UK Team Driver Andy Wallis just put a Fusion R12 into the A main at the Nitro WinterNats. PW is sitting 12th and has a good shot at making the A via bump up.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:05 PM   #3815
R/C Tech Founder

You showed me that car at the Hobby Expo, it was slick.
Old 02-13-2003, 08:06 PM   #3816
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

Adrian,

Thats mighty impressive since that car was designed for a 21 motor!!! I guess that big belt in there didnt cause too much drag for the little 12 motor!!! Also says a lot for the suspension on the electric cars-both in design and durability!!!

Ray
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:10 PM   #3817
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rayhuang

DOH-just went to the website-I guess that was a purpose built race car-not the .21 car!! Sorry Adrian!!!
rayhuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 08:18 PM   #3818
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Not bad for the the R12's first big race on this side of the pond.
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 04:42 AM   #3819
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Dirt Trix Chassis

Kevin,
The chassis are layed out the same as a stock chassis, as far as belt configuration, and also you can still use normal pinion gears, I use the RRP ultra lites or whatever they are. But my point is they are normal gears in length. Dirt Trix has done something really cool in designing a spur adaptor integrated into the pulley to have the space needed for their design. Go on the website Dirttrix.com and take a look at the adaptor, then they use a spacer to set the balance. Some really trick stuff if you ask me. I am a believer. You can feel free to ask any more questions about it and I can try to help, as can anyone else.

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 06:34 AM   #3820
Tech Elite

Way to go PW and the Schuie team- roll dem ho's up!!! lol

Raul is correct about the Dirt Trix chassis. I believe it was in the prototype stages, but it looked cool. They flipped the layshaft assembly which puts the spur gear on the motor side of the pulley moving the motor out about 10mm or so. It helped to counter balance the batteries. Good stuff IMO.
Old 02-14-2003, 06:37 AM   #3821
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Jason, nice to meet ya at the birds.... I was the guy in your 12th scale main that got jacked for 2nd in the last corner. ! Talk about target fixation
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 07:11 AM   #3822
Tech Elite

Sorry bout the bad luck Spooky, I know the feeling- did you see the buckle in the carpet I hit in Sportsman 19t? Oh well, poopoo happens. Good meeting you too!
Old 02-14-2003, 09:27 AM   #3823
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default POOOOOOOOOOOOOPOOOOOOOOOOO

Jason,
I dont think it was the car I think it was one toooooo many cerveza's. Hehehe me too. We had a blast though didnt we.
Raul

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 11:30 AM   #3824
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I looked at the Dirttrix chassis on the web site but I cant find any info on ordering one or how to contact them... not a very friendly web page.... vr6vroom any info on contacting this company?
ottoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2003, 03:08 PM   #3825
Tech Adept

Default Dirt Trix

Our passion is building race cars. The latest project focuses on the Schumacher Mission: a racing chassis that is rigid and has weight distributed evenly.

We believe that this chassis offers a significant performance gain over the stock one. Handling is enhanced with the 50/50 side to side weight distribution and the drive train efficiency is improved with the pinion gear placed closer to the motor and the lay shaft moved very slightly back.

At the present time the chassis is not commercially available. We are however planning to make a limited number of these hand-built chassis available to interested parties. We will be seeking racers with good credentials and who will be dedicated to racing their car.

In the weeks to come we will attempt to make a few changes to the site to make it easier to navigate. In the mean time please bear with us.

If you are interested in the Dirt Trix chassis for your Schumacher Mission, please contact me at wrench@dirttrix.com.

Ultimately it will be customer feedback and satisfaction that will dictate whether or not Dirt Trix will go into production.

Thanks to Raul who tested this chassis at the Snowbirds and thank you for your interest in Dirt Trix.
Dragonxmx is offline   Reply With Quote