R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-11-2003, 08:31 PM   #3796
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

bigdog- The differences in the set up sheets is all rear end changes. Arms, and shock tower mostly and a new steering location up front.
Old 02-11-2003, 08:38 PM   #3797
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Schumacher Mission for sale, lots of hop ups (almost everything available).
$270, but willing to negotiate

Schumacher Mission for sale.
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:25 PM   #3798
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default Mission Owners

Hey guy's and girl's.
After returning from the snowbird's, I have learned alot. Firts is that the stock upper arms leave a lot to desire. The problem is the link is way to short in the in line postion. My question is would anyone be intersted in a link that would be long enough to support the inline position in TI? I am in conversation with Lunsford direct to produce such a part. I need to know if anyone else is intersted.
Second I ran a prototype chassis for the mission issued by Dirt Trix and man let me tell you WOW!
It is as narrow as to stock on, but way cooler. It is perfectly balanced side to side and frt to rear, and had the smoothest drivetrain that you could ever want or ask for. Adjustable batt position, servo postion, and roll center adjustments are just a few of the features.. It make the warpspeed look foolish. Email me if you have questions or look at Dirttrix.com for the most current chassis and parts from them. Everyone should have one of the babies!
Raul

CHECK OUT GARCIA GRAPHIX ON FACEBOOK -LOOKING FOR 2017 TEAM DRIVER'S!
Raul Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:41 PM   #3799
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

VR6.....Last I remember Lunsford makes the longer upper tie rod arms and Schumacher USA sells them. I ran them when I ran the car but they bent too easily in my book and just ran the stock ones. The stock ones are fine if you unscrew the ball cup more so more of the rod is in the mount not the ball cup....this improved reliablity of them a great deal.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 07:18 PM   #3800
Tech Champion

Default Ti links

Kevin thanks for the info, incorrect as it is. The only ti link out there is made by TIR, which is distributed by Schumacher USA, and is approx 2mm longer. This wont due. The upper are needs more rigidity and the only way to do so is offer a longer link around 31 mm. The factory link is 25 mm and the tir would be 27 mm. So you see my dilema? Anyone else?
I am waiting for a response from lthe owner of Lunsford to produce a link in the size3.5 mm X 31 mm. It is not a common size and would only be used for the mission or the axxis versions. Anyone who is interested please ask.
Raul

Old 02-12-2003, 07:26 PM   #3801
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Raul how much is a complete Dirt Trix chassis conversion? (layshaft mounts and pulley and everything)
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:12 PM   #3802
Tech Champion

Ummmm ok Im glad to know that you know everything.....Schumacher packages and sells Lunsford Ti rods and pins under the Schumacher name and they did offer two sizes for the upper link one short and one long. At least they did when I was running for them. I belive u2295 was one of the part numbers not sure on the other one. You should call Schumacher USA and see what they have under the Schumcher name not TI racing.
Old 02-12-2003, 08:18 PM   #3803
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

Kevin is correct Vr6..

there is Ti upper turnbuckles available...I have seen them for myself, longer than standard..

thread the turnbuckle further into the arm mount, and less into the ballcup, makes it heaps stronger.

we run fusion bulkhead to run the inline posision in the front, with a short link.
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:33 PM   #3804
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Now King what are you getting from running the fushion bulkhead? What tuning characteristic are you looking at when you make the swap?

Thanks....just getting my mission worked out and any info is great!

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 08:44 PM   #3805
Tech Champion

Thanks King-G.... I already suggested that he unthread more of the ball cup side of the tie rod but that was "INCORRECT"

Hey King-G congrats on getting your name and pic all over the internet can I have your autograph now.....I hope all is going well with you guys down under.

And Conrats to Timmy Heiser with his good showing at the Snowbirds......I just have to give him some flak about the "Sportsman" win.....lol
Old 02-13-2003, 08:21 AM   #3806
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to MattW

Raul, Why would you want to get Lunsford to produce a 3.5mm thread turnbuckle?? Bearing in mind that the top links are a std M4 thread..... I use Lunsford M4 x 34mm (I think) links in mine. They are fine for the lower hole, but too long for the upper position. If i remember rightly there is one about 30mm long in their range. They were origionaly intended for an 1/8th Off rd buggy, possibly Kyosho MP6 can't remember for sure.

Bottom line is that Kevin is correct and there are 2 part numbers for 2 lengths of top turnbuckle direct from Schumacher.
MattW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 09:25 AM   #3807
Tech Champion

Default Apologies

Everyone I am SORRY,
I had a caliper that was messed up and measured the thickness of the link, Kevin I hope you accept my apology. I know you were just trying to help.. The fusion bulkhead would be a easy fix, but the problem is it would create a shorter upper link and then in turn change the roll center of the car. It would be nice, but I am racing on carpet, not on asphalt.
Matt W,
Without your input I would be chasing my tail. I greatly appreciate both of yours and Kevins suggestions. By no means did I mean to come of as a know it all, I was just looking for specifics, and I wasnt finding any. I just emailed Lunsford, to get 4mm links by 34 mm and possible 31mm. I will keep everyone posted.

Old 02-13-2003, 09:43 AM   #3808
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Balak Racing Send a message via Yahoo to Balak Racing
Default Schumacher Setups Wanted

I'm trying to get some Schumacher setups for my website. You can fill out this simple form and they will be emailed directly to me. Touring Car setups only please.

http://www.balakracing.com/setupform.htm

Thanks in advance!

Bryan Balak
Balak Racing Webmaster
Balak Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 02:05 PM   #3809
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to LarryPryor

Vr6vroom

The Schumacher part number for the Ti turnbucle is L426. This is a Lunsford turnbuckle 4x26mm.
LarryPryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2003, 02:18 PM   #3810
Tech Champion

Default TI links

Thanks for the Schumacher #, but 26 mm is tooooooo short, I was looking for a 30-34mm in 4mm od. I ordered some from Lunsford today. They should be here on sat. They are 4mm X 30mm, and they should do the trick. I hope that every will benefit from my experimentation. Thats all I want. I am tired of the same pieces breaking.
On another note, has anyone checked out the Dirt Trix Chassis? Let me now.