Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2003, 04:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
I know I ran my 2.0 on my losi with foams because the alfa was to narrow. That new losi body looks interesting too...they said more steering than the alfa even...mmmm

Jeff
what do you mean by too narrow??? The Alfa fit fine on every losi out this way. Matt Francis runs it with foams as well.
Old 01-24-2003, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

On the losi car, if you run the Tc3 hexes on it to get a proper offset to keep the tires from binding up on the car it pushes the wheels out to where they are to wide. This is with running TRC foams (yellow wheels). I know we had to run the thin losi hexes and do some trimming on the wheel and on the car to run the alfa. I know one of the guys that runs here switched the screw in bottom part of the shock to a ball cup/ball stud to keep the wheel from hitting.

Jeff
Old 01-24-2003, 05:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by Jeff Werner
On the losi car, if you run the Tc3 hexes on it to get a proper offset to keep the tires from binding up on the car it pushes the wheels out to where they are to wide. This is with running TRC foams (yellow wheels). I know we had to run the thin losi hexes and do some trimming on the wheel and on the car to run the alfa. I know one of the guys that runs here switched the screw in bottom part of the shock to a ball cup/ball stud to keep the wheel from hitting.

Jeff
ohhhhh. I also just read that Losi has two versions of this body out so I know that all of the bodies that Matt has are probably the new one. Mine may be the old version so I will have to compare the two at the next carpet race on the 1st. I will get back to you on what I find out.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

King-G...I ordered a set of the Acer bearings for the Mission this week, should be here today. Bought the set of teflon sealed for the Mission (16 bearings)...will let you guys know when I get them what I think...
Old 01-24-2003, 03:59 PM
Tech Regular

I read a article in the "Touring Car" mag ans it said that Schumacher had a "Mission Pro" kit. Well the car didnt look any different, is there a new kit out?
Old 01-24-2003, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

No. The mission has always officially been called the "Mission Pro"
Old 01-26-2003, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

ttt
Old 01-26-2003, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

Hmm. Thats weird. The car is almost a year old and they are doing articles on it still? Dang, thats good. The car must still be kickin A$$.
Old 01-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Anyone ever going to Bosier City LA. to race carpet with a SST Mission, BigDogRacing can definately put a setup on your car. Thanks BigDog
Old 01-26-2003, 03:49 PM
Tech Initiate

BigDogRacing can definately put a setup on your car
I just ran his set-up for the first time today. So far so good. He is running mod with it though, and I race stock, just wondering if you would change anything for stock racing BDR?
Old 01-26-2003, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Thanks Ralph. I had fun racing with you guys this weekend.

My car was definately good- I just wish someone would have showed up that could drive it....lol

I was basically running Alex's Cleveland setup with a few changes. I ran the Warpspeed 2mm chasssis, shocks laid all the way in, around 8.5 caster, 50wt shock oil with 60/56/56 Losi pistons, spooled front, 1mm/.5mm droop fr/rr.

The track was very tight, about 65x36 with the Snowbirds layout. It was built using double stacked 2x4s and VERY unforgiving which is why I ran the spool. I'm sure I woulda blown a few oneways had I run one, and the front diff would diff out if I turned just a hair too tight because the car would lift the inside tires. I tried AE purple/copper springs and the car was still good, but not really better. It may have been a little easier to drive.

I have noticed that the car starts acting weird when the tires get below 58mm. Has anyone else noticed this?

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 01-26-2003 at 04:46 PM.
Old 01-26-2003, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rob68
I just ran his set-up for the first time today. So far so good. He is running mod with it though, and I race stock, just wondering if you would change anything for stock racing BDR?

Probably not Rob, unless the car is scrubbing any corner speed. Alex was running on the new Ozite which doesn't produce quite as much mechanical traction. The standard Ozite can hook so hard that the car digs and scrubs speed real bad. If you are running the Losi pistons with two holes drilled like I do, then try going up on shock oil. I might try 60wt first. Another thing you can do to help that problem is not wait as long to wipe the traction compound off your tires after appying it. You can also alter the time between when you apply your traction compound and when the race starts. Don't forget you can fine tune the way the car rotates throught the turns by tightening or loosening the rear diff.

Here's a note for those that are just beginning on carpet foams: Don't dope the whole front tire!!! You should start out doping the inside 1/3 of the front tire. From there, you can tune the car and later on adjust the amount of initial traction by adjusting the amount of compound you apply to the front tire. I like to tune my car to where it feels the same with about 1/2 of the front tire doped. I see guys doping the whole front tire every time we go race carpet. Of course, I myself have NEEEEEEEEVER done that....

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 01-26-2003 at 04:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Hey BigDog...once things settle down for you guys, say after the snowbirds and such, you need to try and get over here to Austin and check out the new track..guys from Cedar Park Hobbies are trying to get another track going..outdoor parking lot, but great surface and HUGE track...I mean HUUUUUGGGEEE...largest I've ever seen. Gonna have to run mod just to keep from dozing off on the back straight..I'm rough guessing 100 ft x 200 ft, but may be larger...

I'll keep you posted on how it goes, and if it looks like people are going to be showing maybe you can make the trip. I still hope to make it up to run with you guys some day not too far off..

Good luck in Orlando...that goes for all you Schuie pilots...show 'em how its done!!!
Old 01-27-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks for the reply. I dope the inside half of the front tires, and all of the rear. I am running stock pistons on the 2 hole setting with the 60 wt. oil. Feels pretty good.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

keen to hear how the bearings work out MarkG.

I am ordering the polyamide ones this week, with teflon for the layshaft.

on another note:

http://www.racing-cars.com/default.asp?noflash=999

click on the first news item in the scrolling menu, "mission wins down under"

guess which one is the big G?
the other is my team mate Chris Putnam "Oasis 2000"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.