Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003, 06:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Check the layshaft, mine was bent when I bought my used Mission. The drivetrain was feeling very bound up. After replacing the layshaft, cleaning the bearings, and replacing the belts with the grey ones, it now feels much more free, despite the new belts. While I did numerous things at once, I feel pretty sure that the main issue was the bent layshaft.

It wasn't bent a lot, but it was definitely bent in two places (where the pins go through the shaft) such that the shape was more spiral than straight. this put alternating resistance on the pulley and (when the motor was connected) on the spur/pinion interface.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Sounds like the TIR layshaft is well worth the $5.
My kit was new, and it is pretty tight still, but I don't have much time on the car yet. I am sure once I get a few packs through it, it will feel a lot better. Buddy of mine gave me a few tips for it, and hopefully that helps.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:04 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Ok guys, here is my setup from the Novak race and I must say this setup was awesome!

The setup is for medium to high-bite carpet on handout CS27 rubber tires.

http://www.msra-racing.com/Mission_p...vak%20race.pdf
Old 01-17-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks Paul.
Old 01-17-2003, 10:56 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone have any carpet set ups?
Old 01-17-2003, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Jeff Werner>> Check what the other guys mentioned...I never did find what I believed to be a smoking gun, but just took everything apart, cleaned and lubed the bearings, and carefully reassembled and it has been fine since. May be a bound bearing.

Regarding the layshaft question..this is the first I've heard of them bent...would have to be some kind of impact to bend one.

It is pretty easy to get the layshaft supports cocked slightly which will bind things up, so take care in that assembly. Good luck...
Old 01-17-2003, 12:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rob68
Anyone have any carpet set ups?
Not meaning to bust on you Rob, but did you read up two posts above yours? LOL

You can also see some here:setups
Old 01-17-2003, 02:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)
Default Snowbird's

I recieved ny info for the Snow bird's today in the mail. Anyone else?
Raul
Old 01-17-2003, 04:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey jason wazup this is steven in shreveport im the kid at the rutherford house when u guys race.wats been up? r u ready for next saturday r r u coming ?? well ill be there racing my old street weapon hope to cya you and yur friends there. cya oh ya bigdog can u tell me wats the price on yur body ? it is red with silver flames and the back of the body is white.i saw it on yur website and i like it alot. so could u give me the price of it plzzzzzzzzz. thx alot

Last edited by crACkeD ChaSsiS; 01-17-2003 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2003, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

I dont' think we're coming Steven. Was kinda dramatic last time. I get tired of the drama- we have plenty here in Memphis.

Email me about a body- I'm working on a lot right now so it'll be a while before I can do you something.
Old 01-17-2003, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

MarkG, man that is the complete story of my car too. I decided to take the car completely apart. Put cleaned and put it back together using the instructions...kinda like building a kit for the first time. The car is fine now...lol Should have waited to post that I was having problems...lol Cryed wolf to soon. Looking forward to racing this bad boy! Going to be fun to be the lone gun in this area!

Thanks for all the help with the above posts...been great info! That is one reason I got this thing...glad to be apart of the info exchange!

Jeff Werner
Team Promatch Batteries
Old 01-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Glad to have you Jeff. Didn't I see your name in the results of the Novak race? How did you do? What were you running? FOrgive me if I'm wrong...
Old 01-17-2003, 09:57 PM
Tech Master

Anyone know of any modifications you need to make to the car before converting to the warpspeed chassis w/upperdeck?
Old 01-17-2003, 10:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Not meaning to bust on you Rob, but did you read up two posts above yours? LOL
Sorry, I ment foam tire carpet set ups.
Thanks for the link, I got the foam carpet set up from that.
Old 01-17-2003, 11:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Proud-
If you want to run the outer motor plate position you have to make something to hold the bearings out farther for the tensioner. I used a long 3mm screw with some cone washers for the bearings to ride on and a nut to hold it all together. Also, if you want to run the outer position, you have to go out and buy a whole new assortment of long shank pinions. I bought some long shank pinions from TiR. Other than that I dont think there were any real modifications needed to run the Warpspeed chassis. If you need to know how to make the tensioner let me know and I will send you some pics of mine.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.