Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2003, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

PW you had a post a few weeks ago about a "Team" type kit. Has any more thought be given to putting a team complete type car on the market?

Thanks for the info.

Jeff Werner
Team Promatch Batteries
Old 01-04-2003, 10:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by fireblade
I put the RW's in my car, man what a difference. The car is so much smoother. It takes off faster and is not as noisy.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but can you please tell me what "RW's" are?
Old 01-04-2003, 11:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Machined delrin pulleys, they are lighter, and more precise than the stock molded pieces.....
Old 01-04-2003, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

They take a few runs to wear in but the car overall is way smoother.
Old 01-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
hey all

just wondering where a good place is to buy schumacher parts and hop up parts...I own a Axis 2 and it has a few things but just wondering where to look (towerhobies..horizon?????)

ciao for now
Blain
Old 01-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah i have RW pullies and spurs in my car, although the RW oneway is weak....the whole assembly can start spinning, so the oneway effect is gone. The pullies really are great though, but you have to run the tensioner way high cuz the pullies are actually smaller.
Old 01-05-2003, 07:19 AM
Tech Regular

Jason...what happened in Shreveport...would like to hear your version to compare to Toastie and Ron, who will tell me how awesome the Xrays did..LOL

My car was on rails yesterday...TQ'd and took the AMain (Toastie and Ron werent there)...In the main one of the less experienced drivers car stalled at the end of the straight across the track. He just stood there next to me and didnt say a word as I drove my car full speed (19 t) into him broad side. Broke my front bumper mount and ground all the teeth off my spur in one spot, but otherwise I think my car survived. Sux to eat a brand new RW spur...those things are sweet if you havent tried them. I dont think his car came out so well...may have been an expensive lesson.
Old 01-05-2003, 06:11 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Jeff....Schumacher UK does not think a "Team Kit" is a good idea right now, but the seed has been planted
Old 01-05-2003, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Thanks PW...just wanted to get the facts before I got into a Mission. You know how bad luck is...get something and bang a new one comes out...lol

Been getting into the carpet scene...cool racing! May try to get my schumacher before our big Regional Carpet race in Feb. Would be the only one in the building...!!! May need to get some carpet help from you guys.

Thanks,

Jeff Werner
Team Promatch Batteries
Old 01-05-2003, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Hi Mark!!

Well, to put it plainly, we smoked Ron. He was sucking hind tit- know what I mean? I was getting tired of driving around his weaving, hoopty Xray. It was a slaughter!!! I love beating the tires off Ron!

Of course he was crying and saying the CS-27's he was using to get ready for Novak Race was slowing him down.... yea right...

Toastie on the other hand was wicked fast. Ron helped him tune his car a little, and that boy put the smack down on us. He put almost exactly one lap on me in the first two qualifiers. We were all running 19t Chameleon2 motors to practice for Orlando. I forget what happened in the thrird qualifier, but he made one adjustment before the main and he was stoooopid fast!! I got third in the main. I really had second wrapped up, but of course I choked like a 3 year old eating catfish and started brushing pipes halfway through the race. Someone please send me some valum to take before the mains....

Glad you did well at home.

As far as my car goes, I ran Alex's basic Cleveland setup with a few mods. First, all I had was the 2mm Warpspeed chassis so that's what I ran. Next, my pistons were already drilled 60-54-54 so I increased the shock oil to 50wt. I ran .5mm less droop front and rear to calm the car down some. I ran my tires around 57mm and I liked th way the Jacos felt better than the TRCs (not because of Alex's comment so don't even go there ) My car was just as good as Toastie's Xray in the quals. but he was faster in the main. I know for a fact that I could have made my car better, but I was worried more about track time and trying to get more consistent. The only thing I questioned is whether the 3mm chassis would have been better.

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 01-05-2003 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

That was some awesome racing Jason. I hope to see you run again on the 25th.
Old 01-05-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Jeff YGPM
Old 01-05-2003, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Angry

well gang looks liek I will be making a switch..... to the Losi XXX-S GP

I previously owned the standard Losi and loved it, but it was too porky for my tastes. I raced My Mission and the Losi say "play race" action.

First let me say I love my Missiion, but there are a few quirks I can't seem to overcome.......

diffs- I really preferred the Losi Diffs because they build alot smoother and stay that way
cleanliness- the Mission seems to atract alot more dirt, I don't know why....
I knew when I got rid of my Losi I was gonna have another once the GP was released. Now that my brother and dad both drive the Losi it makes even more since..... and when I saw the features the new Losi has I knew it was time..... I am getting the Losi even f I don't sell my Mission, but I am afraid if I run the 2 back to back I won't have anywhere I would rather drive the mission and I don't want to feel badly about my Mission......

My wife says I will be back and I don't dought it at all!!!!! But I need to see what happens...........
Old 01-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by RCCadet
That was some awesome racing Jason. I hope to see you run again on the 25th.
Thanks Jeff, but I wasn't too proud of my run in the main- I choked like a Persian cat with dandruff

I hope we can make it the 25th- I need all the track time I can get. I think I'm lacking consistency the most right now, and track time is the only way to get that.

Good luck with the Losi Impactplayer- it's a nice car.
Old 01-06-2003, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
diffs- I really preferred the Losi Diffs because they build alot smoother and stay that way cleanliness- the Mission seems to atract alot more dirt, I don't know why....
Not to offend you, Impactplayr, but do you other Mission guys also feel like the above about Mission diffs?

Last edited by Cole Trickle; 01-06-2003 at 03:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.