R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 12-15-2002, 02:48 PM   #3496
Tech Adept

Im thinking about trying the solid diff in the front. Will it have any benefits running on carpet with foams and a mod? will i have to make any other changes to the set up to make it work? this is my setup except im not running the rear anti-roll bar now...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...&postid=196182
Ian S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 03:01 PM   #3497
Tech Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Doug Gaut

Is there going to be a Warpspeed version coming in the future that has the new chassis, rw pullies,etc? Kinda like a Factory Team Mission!
Doug Gaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 06:41 PM   #3498
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Here's a thought: Who all besides me would be more interested in purchasing the Warpspeed chassis if it had battery slots on both sides like the Xray Evo 2 chassis?
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 05:04 PM   #3499
PW
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to PW

Hey guys....Schumacher will not be able to put together a team car with other manufactures products due to the cost. However I would be interested in what everyone would think of a Team Mission that came with threaded shocks, alloy diff/layshaft mounts, oneway, grey front belt etc. Also, what do you think would be a fare price for a kit like that.....This question is from me the racer and not a Schumacher Rep

The battery slots on both sides would not work do to the motor location. As a matter of fact, the Team Xray drivers tell me that they can not even use 6 cells on one or the other due to the weight balance.
PW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 05:54 PM   #3500
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

good call Paul...The mission is well layed out as is, one option may be to have batteries forward or back (ala tc3, xxxs)..

the idea of a threaded shocks alloy mission is nice...

my car is so hopped up there isnt point in buying a replacement kit each season, I just renew the Kit parts..its cheaper..lol
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 04:13 AM   #3501
Tech Regular

Send a message via ICQ to JesseT

Carpet upper deck and front one-way could also be included. Don't know about the aluminum diff mounts though. Might become expensive.
JesseT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 07:12 AM   #3502
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Well I think it's a great idea, but I honestly believe the Mission should come standard with aluminum layshaft mounts and diff mounts. If you look at cars like the Corally, Xray, Barracuda, etc. they come standard with alloy mounts. Maybe the S1 could come with plastic and the alminum car with the good stuff, but I certainly believe no matter how you dice it up, there's a market for a car that needs little or no hop ups.

Trust me, I'm not a happy customer when I buy a car(s) that I have to spend another $150 on to upgrade them to the level I think they should come in the box. Of course, I don't mind paying a little more on the front end either.

Keep in mind this is just my $.02 and I only mentioned it becasue you guys brought it up. I love my Missions and I will continue to run them at every race I can afford to attend.
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 11:16 AM   #3503
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would like to see threaded shock bodies come with the carbon version.
rcdougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 12:10 PM   #3504
Tech Initiate

Paul- I've spoke to lots of racers around here as to why they are not interested in running a Mission and the answer I hear most often is 'I don't want to have to buy the upgrades.' I've seen racers wait around for a month and a half just to get a graphite Losi with the upgrades. I think a Special Edition Mission would be a great seller here in the US.
Busta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 01:43 PM   #3505
Tech Elite

Hmmm. I dont believe that alu parts will make me faster. What I like about the Mission Carbon, is the fact it comes with (almost) what I need. The only parts I would like to add on, are the Kwik Klips, the spur gear adapter (to use my current spurs) and the one-way diff.

The reason, are I'm looking for value for money, that is, the cars and hop-ops with most laps for money. Things like a one-way and a fast steering servo.

Another thing I really like, are easy access to adjustment, like Kwik Klips for altering caster. Or easy access for sway bars. Or dampers like the X-Ray type with adjustable dampning, without opening dampers and changing oil. And more like this. These things I would pay money for, but not alu parts.

Well, maybe alu parts help people on the most competitive levels, I dont know. But for average Joes like me, we wont make a ekstra half lap because of alu parts. The Factory version is nice, as long the Carbon version will still be avaible.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:49 PM   #3506
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by markg
Here's a potentially stupid question...

I've been using a Novak TC Speed control forever, and it still seems to be working fine...at least I don't know any difference. I'm wondering if upgrading to one of the new speedos, like the Keyence would make a noticeable difference? There are some cool new ones out there to choose from, just not sure if its worth the cash to switch. Anyone have any comparison info to share?

Thanks...
The closest I can get, are this: I've upgraded from LRP Super Sport, to LRP v7.1.

Tha advantages are that now I can disable the auto-brake (nice when using one-ways). I also got 6 volt BEC for the steering servo. And a FET wire, wich I use now. A downside was the lack of punch for my stock motors, but fortunately, I could adjust me out of the problem on my TX.

All in all, I'll say that a good speedo are nice, but often ther're more important things to spend money on.
Old 12-17-2002, 03:45 PM   #3507
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

I tend to agree with the sentiment that just the items which make the car faster should be considered for a Pro or team kit, as the cost has to be added to the final sale price.

I have every single hopup on my mission, none of the alloy parts have made the car quicker, but they add to teh ease of serviceability, and looks.!!!

I Like to individualise my car with hopups, but agree with how expensive it becomes when you factor in the total cost.

Now I am left with the dillema of not finding it practical to buy a new kit to replace worn parts, as the majority of the car is hopped up. I now just replace parts individually as they need it, I.e Diff centres, cvd's, arms steering components and ballcups. The car has run all year with the same cvd's and diffs, so this isnt really an issue.

A Team mission would be great in my opinion..Keep the current Carbon mission and include a fully blown kit including the following:

Oneway front Diff
Threaded shocks (including the alloy lower retainers)
Titanium turnbuckles, and hingepins Possibly?
alloy layshaft mounts (to help further free up drivetrain under load)
grey front belt
R.W pullies.

Items such as the gearbox halves in alloy, Ti screws, alloy layshaft pulleys shouldnt be included, as I dont feel they add to the performance of the car, mainly aesthetics.

To be honest, I set my track P.B a month or so after getting my mission, and havent beaten it since...the car only had a couple of hopups at this point(oneway, threadid shocks, lower retainers.
(track conditions were very good on that day, I have since come within a second on many occasions). It goes to show some hopups are giving you a track advantage, some benifets are imaginary or just add to the Eye candy or servicability / durability.

Last edited by King-G; 12-17-2002 at 04:41 PM.
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2002, 07:27 PM   #3508
PW
Tech Elite

Hey guys....Thank you for all the input and please keep it coming

Old 12-17-2002, 09:06 PM   #3509
PW
Tech Elite

BTW, I don't like using the PM system here on RCTech. If you need to contact me please e-mail paul@schumacherusa.net

I will check the PM's from time to time, but I won't be answering them.

Keep up the great work!
Old 12-18-2002, 12:09 AM   #3510
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to fireblade

Hrm, I think a one way should be still considered a option. Beacuase some tracks dont use oneways considered the layout
or just include both
This would be my team "Dream" car

Threaded Shock bodies
Both Belts
Titanium Hings's and Turnbuckles
Metal Dogs
Alum Layshaft mounts
Alum. Diff mounts
RW Pullys
A pack of Kwik Klips
Instead of the car being Pozi screws, make them Titanium Alans so they wont strip.

Anywho, thats my idea

Last edited by fireblade; 12-18-2002 at 12:17 AM.
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote