Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 04:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Hey all

Hey all I am new to this forum I am frequent on the Canadian racing forum in this site...Anyway I am considering buying a used sst98 graphite that is in very good condition from my lhs and was wondering any background on this car or any opinions anyone may have. I have been racing for under a year but have progressed out of my rc10DS (or maybe it is just that everyone else in my class are running tc3's and such) My Lhs has parts so that is not a factor and there is people who race the Schuies that can help with any questions...my only thoughts on this are that it is a 4year old car (at least) yet still in good shape. I may also consider buying a new Schu butI have read alot that maybe cars like those are not the best for a novice driver or at least someone in the novice class..so far I have only been collected in crashes not really created them..If I had a bit more speed I could keep up easily with the other 4wd touring cars..like I said I am only running a 2wd rc 10Ds.
sorry about the length but I figured this is the place to come for sound advice and better that u know a bit of background then none

ciao for now
Blain
Old 11-21-2002, 06:53 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Blain, if you can do it, go for the mission. I just got mine dialed in to my liking and man does it fly. The 98 is a good car(LOL may even be my old car). It is up to you tho. All of the schui's in our area have come from Ren and he is great for support. I do think that the mission is the best car that schui has made tho. TTYL.

Gary
Old 11-21-2002, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Blain, have to agree with Gary. If you can swing it,get the Mission. The S1 version is a good value and, other than the carbon chassis and shock towers,is the same car as the pro version. Although i own other cars, The shuie was and is the best and easiest car to drive without to much setup adjustment. If the budget doesn't allow it, the SST is still a good car and should serve you well, Although an Axis might be a better choice.
Old 11-21-2002, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Talking not urs lol

Hi gary, nope not urs Chris Wilson's (not sure who he is) but it is Brent Wende's old one, Ren said I might be able to get it for $150 I don't know how steep that is for price but I know that if I had a better car I could be doing alot better, I am only in novice but we have a couple of new drivers to our club that have deffinetly raced b4. the car is just a rolling chassie with a body and tires. I have all the other componets and ren say's he has the car parts in his store. it is that or I am interested in getting a Tc3. I am racing on a bit of a budget so I was hoping on getting a used one till I figure out what I want..the shuie is all ren has for used cars,Do u know of anyone selling or do u have any Canadian sites that are good for buying off of. I just think dealing with changing to US funds is a hassel and I kinda think u are pretty reliable (ren has talked about u a little) Plus my wife works for Greyhound and she gets a good deal on shiping which makes that part cheap

ciao for now
Blain
Old 11-22-2002, 08:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Interested in Mission Carbon

I am showing interest in getting a Mission Carbon. I am currently living in the Dallas Texas area, (Schumacher is not an common kit, unless special order) Out here I will be racing on moderately big asphault track, with foams/rubbers, stock, and 2x4's and 2x8's as the barrier walls. I am wondering what extra replacement parts (common) that I may be needing if I do actually buy this car. I currently do not break or wear too many parts but I am unsure of this car. Currently TC3's out here perform well but break often I am hopeing that the Mission would out perform this car. When I move back to the Tampa area, I would not be too worried, but here I race 2 weeks out of the month from temps ranging 30-100 F. I have already contacted Shumacher for assistance and they gave me some, including this message board, I have also contacted my LHS for some pricing info, but I may need for them to also price some known needed replacement parts and performance hop-ups which is where you all come in, What would I need?

Any information is appreciated.
Old 11-22-2002, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

RC-BDUB,
You'll like the Mission. It is very tough. If your still touching the boards a bit,Plan on keeping some spare upper front arms. It's not likely you'll crack one easily but it does happen. Notice I said CRACK,not break. The Mission has a lot of steering and because of that I think the front wheels hit at greater angles than most cars. I didn't even notice mine were cracked until someone pointed it out to me. Other than that ,the car is bulletproof and easy to tune. I have one for sale if your interested. Go to the "for sale" thread. Good luck
Old 11-22-2002, 12:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Where is the race in San Jose tomorrow and what web site has it listed.
Old 11-22-2002, 04:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Mr. G,

I think the race tomorrow in San Jose is being held by RCCAR. I think there is going to be rc racing and then go karts afterwards. Go here to read more, http://www.rcracing.com/msgthread.cf...iteMessages=67
Old 11-22-2002, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

ahh karts. My 2end favorite hobby
Old 11-24-2002, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Can someone please explain how to perform the roll center mod, and what are the benifits. I am using the warpspeed chassis, and I race on gray ozite.
BTW, anyone going to the Snowbird's?
Old 11-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Vr6vroom
Can someone please explain how to perform the roll center mod, and what are the benifits. I am using the warpspeed chassis, and I race on gray ozite.
BTW, anyone going to the Snowbird's?
There are at least 4 of us going from Memphis.

Call Paul Wynn at Schumacher USA tomorrow. He can help you with it. If you can't wait until tomorrow, call me on my cell and I'll try to help. 901-870-7220

I got my asphalt car dialed to the track in Jackson, MS yesterday. It was STOOOPID fast!! Unfortunately, the driver never showed up mentally...
Old 11-24-2002, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Default New to schuies

I just bought a used Axis 2 pro and this will be my first 4wd touring car...I have been studying these and decided on getting a Schue over the Tc3..my Lhs has tons of parts and there is a few of the top drivers that run the exact car I am running. I am still a novice so I might just build up this one till indoor season is done but with all the other drivers getting Tc3's that might be hard to do being that I drive a RC10DS..Anyway the only prob is that there is no instructions(who doesn't keep there instructions I find they are extremely helpful??? )anyway I can't seem to get on the right section on the Schuie site can anyone help,also any other helpful hints would be great ie:setup etc..

ciao for now
Blain
A recent and very proud to be, new owner of a Schuie,just hoping to serve the name well LOL
Old 11-25-2002, 03:50 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Congrats!! Did you get Paul's? If you did I can send up my manual for you to photo copy if you need. I'm sure Ren or one of the guys has one up there tho. TTYL.

Gary
Old 11-25-2002, 07:30 AM
Tech Master

Default hey gary

no I didn't get pauls I got one of of e-bay for $125 canadian...I am sure it is in great shape and the seller has great feedback..there is many extras that come with the car so I am happy but I still might just continue driving my ds cause the class that I am in we all sure do hack a bit..(NOVICE, LOL)

thanx for passing the info along to Paul for me
ciao for now
blain
Old 11-25-2002, 12:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

VR6, who isnt going to the 'birds :>.. Seriously, about 5 Mission drivers from my area are going ( Got the last poolside room ) and I have two buddies from NJ going too. Last year there was great showing of Missions. Adrian, Paul, maybe we can get a Schumacher photo of all the mission drivers at the birds ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.