Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 11-18-2002, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

King G, here's the best I can answer your questions:

Originally posted by King-G
I was wondering what would be the closest in the schumacher vari piston setting to the losi pistons you ran.?..(3 hole)?
I'm not sure Gav. The only thing I can tell you is PW suggested I try Losi 59's but I could only get 60's. Then I got to thinking about "back in the day" and decided to try an old off road trick. I left one hole a 60 (.0390") and drilled two of them to 56 (.0456"). It seemed to work quite well. The car transitioned sooo smooth. Keep in mind I'm no Teemu- I can't make chicken salad out of chicken poop.

also I noted you ran associated springs...are they long enough?...I remember them being pretty short when I had a tc3.
Oh yea, they work very well. Just flip the adjusting nut over and use a black spring seat from the unthreaded shocks. It even looks cool.

Forward wheelbase at the front...I have tried this a long time ago..curious to hear what you felt it did to the cars handling.
Well actually I can't say it's ALL the way forward Gav. When I did the roll center mod, I used AE .030" white shock shims instead of the black Schuie spacers on the lower arm hinge pin. I put 3 in front of the arm and 4 behind it. This gives you a mcuh finer castor control and I believe it's a better setup. You can actually go 2/5 on the spacers if you want.

and the upper bulkhead positions...WE have found this to take grip away, is this a contributing factor to the good corner speed you had?..
I have not found this to reduce traction. In fact, lowering the roll moment allows you to run a relatively lighter spring/shock combo therefore increasing traction. And yes, I think was definately a contributor to my corner speed. I needed a little more time to adjust the balance toward the steering slightly, but otherwise it was sweet. Proudwinner and Mike F can tell you that in mod, my car was wicked fast. I turned a 14.0 lap. The next closest lap time to me was my nitro car that turned a 15.1 and that was on a 130'x50' track!! Our nitro cars were in second gear well before we were braking for the sweeper. In mod, my car had so much high speed steering that I never lifted in the sweeper and I could have turned tighter and piped the car if I had wanted to!

I noted you ran inline positions on the hubs both front and rear...did you run standard bulkheads or fusions?
Nobody has sent me any Fusion bulkheads Gav. I guess I'm on the "bobo racer" list. However, I did run the inline positions because PW told me to. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Hope this helped.

BTW G, I'm curious to see how this setup will work with the Warpspeed chassis. Also, I meant to try the carpet upper deck just for S&G's.

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 11-20-2002 at 10:43 AM.
Old 11-18-2002, 06:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

cheers, thanks for the reply Jason, I will look into a few of these things on the weekend.
Old 11-19-2002, 02:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ive seen many people on the Schuie thread talk about the inline position for setups. What exactly is "inline?" Is it where you mount the camber link on the hub?
Old 11-19-2002, 03:06 AM
Tech Initiate

Thats it ...... camber link position 1 on the hub
Old 11-19-2002, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

rcdoughie, it's the mounting position closest to the wheel on the front/rear hubs.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default Re: Schumacher class racing

Originally posted by rcpigz
Hi everyone . Need some help and I can't seem to get anybody at Shumacher to respond. Is the SST Sport still available? If not,Does Schumacher intend to offer a beginner level car? Anybody out there ever thought about pitching a Series or Challenge race to the folks at Schumacher. From what i can see,they do have one in England. It might take awhile but more people sure would get to see what a quality product they offer. Any thoughts ??

RC PIGZ Racing Hobbies
Home of The Melbourne Microspeedway
Anybody want to respond ?????
Old 11-19-2002, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Doug, I can show you this wednesday if you like.
Old 11-19-2002, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

From browsing this board for the last 6 months or so I haven't really seen anyone talk about one-ways very much. Does it work with the roll center mod? Anybody have any good setups for asphalt oneway with or w/o the roll center mod? Thanks!
Old 11-19-2002, 08:21 PM
PW
Tech Elite

rcpigz....The SST sport has been discontinued and the entry level kit is now the standard Mission. The standard Mission has the same specs as the Mission Pro with the exception of chassis and tower material. The std kit comes with S1 material and the Pro kit comes in full graphite.

As for the series, we would love to do something of that nature. We will accept and review any proposals for a Schumacher series.

[email protected]
Old 11-19-2002, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by proudwinner
BTW, The "Automatic Start" on the KoPropo Mars will not work with a Novak Atom ESC. That jurnts coming out tonight!
Correction, it wasn't the ESC. I forgot to set the Throttle Set

Last edited by webspinner; 11-19-2002 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-20-2002, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

PW, Have you guys done any testing with the one-ways on carpet with foams??? Also have you guys come up with a base setup that you will start out with at the US Indoor Champs???
Old 11-20-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by rcdougie
From browsing this board for the last 6 months or so I haven't really seen anyone talk about one-ways very much. Does it work with the roll center mod? Anybody have any good setups for asphalt oneway with or w/o the roll center mod? Thanks!
Dougie, yes the oneway is great for asphalt and rubber or carpet. I'm personally afraid to use the oneway on carpet in mod foam because I never get to practice on carpet and I brush a wall every once in a while. For asphalt/rubber tires, I wouldn't run anything else- especially in stock!!
Old 11-20-2002, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Talking Schumacher Series

Thanks for the reply Paul. So anybody out there interested in this proposed series ??? I think it's a good idea. Now that the SST Sport is gone, We could really do a lot with a "one design" series. Lots of go fast secrets being traded, new guys with S1 cars would have something to look forward to and for multi car owners and families who race , the parts count would be a lot easier. The older SST and Axis cars could still be involved . I'm gonna run with this, so if anybody wants to help me develop this thing, e-mail me at [email protected].

Last edited by Evoracer; 11-20-2002 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-20-2002, 03:20 PM
Tech Regular

Hey Tamiya has one, why not us??
Old 11-20-2002, 08:24 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Teacher....Oneways and foams just don't mix and I'm happy to say that...LOL I've been to a few big races on foam tires and 94% of the field run with diffs and the other 6% run spools. It's been tried several times by a number of top factory drivers and always the same result....CRAP!!!

E-mail me at [email protected] with a request for setups and I will get those on the way tomorrow.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.