Originally Posted by Smartypants
hmmmmmm

O ya!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Red face Mi2

Hello Gentlemen and Ladies,

First Please don't shoot. I was wondering if drivers out there have experimented with different belts for the mi2. As far as using another brand other than the schumacher for belts, pulleys etc? Its been a little tough finding parts locally for it. In addition the pulleys teeth are starting to chip away. And I will have to get replacements. Totaling the parts that are needed I'm just over 75$ in replacement parts. I wanted my son to race this for vta and usgt once he has enough confidence to get the laps in. I just don't want to have to wait for the parts from the UK all the time. Any info would be much appreciated.

Thank you in Advance
Old 11-20-2014, 11:16 AM
Tech Regular

okay we know all kind of cars are out there. so I am sticking with my MI4cxl for now... I put the MI5 hubs around on my car with the 6 degree front carrier barrier. the car loosened up in the back dew to a shorter camber link location.

Should I raise the camber link plate or find another hub plate that will lengthen the camber link?

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2015, 03:46 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rcshark
okay we know all kind of cars are out there. so I am sticking with my MI4cxl for now... I put the MI5 hubs around on my car with the 6 degree front carrier barrier. the car loosened up in the back dew to a shorter camber link location.

Should I raise the camber link plate or find another hub plate that will lengthen the camber link?

Thanks.

IMO i would suggest finding a replacement stewart, i think you will then find your lap times improve, or stop procrastinating and buy the evo, use your cxl in vta. im just busting your cahohnas you have a great car, wouldnt raising you camber plte give you a lower roll center an more bite
Old 02-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by WyldModMan
IMO i would suggest finding a replacement stewart, i think you will then find your lap times improve, or stop procrastinating and buy the evo, use your cxl in vta. im just busting your cahohnas you have a great car, wouldnt raising you camber plte give you a lower roll center an more bite
lol Thank you that works on asphalt. But on carpet i cant drop the center enough to keep from super gluing the front side walls? Plus the cxl is just to heavy and don't know how to make it lighter? tough car after installing the twin point steering with the mi5 hubs i have a good bump steer back! I thank i need to goto the carpet top deck and use the front then hex? I dont know if moving in the arms will be the same or not? Overall the car feels great and is just as strong as any car that i crashed. I thank i am going to drop the balls on the camber to free up the car on carpet? also try and move the rear inboard tow and see if it will carry more speed true the turns? car seems tight on carpet. but fun to run....

Shark
mi4cxl 17.5
front camber 2
rear 1
camber plates f/r stock #3 washer on top. flat on bulkhead.
everything else is stock.
4 degree camber blocks with mi5 hubs and carriers.
rear mi5 hubs.
stock top plate all screws tight.
droop 5 in front.
droop 3 in rear.
blue AE front springs. 17.00 lbs.
blue schumacher rear springs.16.00 lbs.
40wt. oil.
Old 02-12-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Talking front hubs and mounts from mi5 to the mi4cxl

Schumacher Corner-mi4.5-cxl-front-end.jpg

Last edited by rcshark; 02-12-2015 at 06:48 PM. Reason: working on posting pics
Old 02-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Default mi5 hubs on cxl twin point for bump steer

Schumacher Corner-mi4.5-cxl-rear-end.jpg Schumacher Corner-mi4.5-cxl-front-end-camber-mi5-hubs.jpg
Old 07-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Looking to buy the spools for the Schumacher Mi3 ( Part number U3225). Please could you let me know any reliable place to buy them online. I'm located in the United States. Is this a good online store:
http://www.racing-cars.com/pp/Old_Ca...3.5/U3225.html