R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-20-2002, 09:33 AM   #2716
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to BigDogRacing

Well guys, I'm proud to say that I took Schumacher to another win and a second place finish this past weekend at the Beat the Heat Race in Memphis, TN. I don't mean to brag, but it was sweet to finally win something. I won a $50 gift certificate and a TC2 for mod sedan, and another $40 gift certificate for second in stock sedan. The truth is that I don't normally run that well, but it just happened to be "my weekend". I had my MoJo with me all weekend...lol . I originally thought that running both sedan classes AND helping run the race would mess me up since there would be no time for repairs, mistakes, etc. But I think it worked just the opposite- I KNEW there could be no mistakes, so I concentrated really hard on driving clean and never had to repair one thing in the mains. I didn't set the fastest lap in either class, but I was close, and since I didn't catch any major pipes I was way more consistent than normal. We ran triple A mains in stock and I got second in all three!! lol- now that's consistent! Mod sedan was the best race I've ever run. My friend Tom (Hobbies X-treme in Shreveport, LA) was here and we raced each other for like 2 hours!! Ok, it was only 4 minutes because it took him 1 minute to catch up from a bump at the beginning, but it seemed like 2 hours!! I've never had the shakes that bad before!

Well sorry for carryng on, I just wanted to share my joy. I like reading when other people do well on here, too. So don't be afraid to share your own accomplishments...
BigDogRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 10:10 AM   #2717
Tech Rookie

Default Schumacher diff problems!!!

I don't know if any of you guys had problems with the one-way outdrives on the Mission.I think a used about ten batts and the one-way rollers fell out.Is it a factory fault or did I do something wrong?Any help will be apreciated.
JacoSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 10:17 AM   #2718
Tech Fanatic

JacoSa,
I had the same problem, the pins fall out when they wear in. Adrian told me to just put them back in their slots and the diff should run fine. Do you have a gen 1 or 2 one way.....i had a gen one and my oneway ran funny because the center shaft assembly broke into two pieces. the new gen 2 oneways have a one piece center shaft assembly. Anyways, just call Adrian at Schumacher USA and he will send you out a new outdrive right away.

Also, for those of you who have the Warpspeed chassis, did you guys have to change your setup from what you guys were using with your original chassis?

James Nguyen

Last edited by James Nguyen; 08-20-2002 at 11:37 AM.
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 11:37 AM   #2719
Tech Rookie

Congrats BigDogRacing it is always good to hear that the Schumacher is kicking TC3's asses.Keep up with the good results.
Old 08-20-2002, 11:41 AM   #2720
Tech Rookie

James I have a gen 1 diff,I disolved the diff in acetone to get the one-way shaft out because it has ben glued in.I then readjusted the diff gear so it runs true and glued it back.It has come loose yet.
Old 08-20-2002, 12:58 PM   #2721
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to fireblade

I heard U glue the diff back together?
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 01:04 PM   #2722
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by JacoSA
Congrats BigDogRacing it is always good to hear that the Schumacher is kicking TC3's asses.Keep up with the good results.
Thnx JacoSa!! I always enjoy smokin a few tc3's!!
Old 08-20-2002, 01:11 PM   #2723
Tech Regular

Tc3 Should be no comparison to a mission. Iam in sportsmans class and I whip those associated A*ses With the mission. The TC3 is too old, It needs to be updated.
Old 08-20-2002, 04:54 PM   #2724
Tech Elite

Fireblade- no offense or anything, but have you heard about that new factory racer namedd Barry something-or-other???

TC3s are still very fast cars. I just happen to like the Mission, and Schumacher USA has been very helpful and concerned about even a small time racer like me. I have talked to Paul and Adrian plenty of times and I consider them to be some of the best company reps in the business.

BTW- thanks for the help last week Adrian- it paid off!!
Old 08-20-2002, 05:32 PM   #2725
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

James: With the Warpspeed chassis it is reccomended that you run a stiffer setup...say one spring and 10-20wt oil since the suspension is working harder and the weight is now transfering differently. Hope that helps...

Congrats Big Dog on a great weekend!
SpeedWorld Raceway Roseville CA.
Racer X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 05:40 PM   #2726
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by fireblade
Tc3 Should be no comparison to a mission. Iam in sportsmans class and I whip those associated A*ses With the mission. The TC3 is too old, It needs to be updated.
Wait until you get up to expert. Up there any car can win. You're doing well with your mission......keep it up. That out dated TC3 won the Revo race in expert stock. See you in about two weeks. In case you're wondering who I am..........think TALL!
Old 08-20-2002, 05:49 PM   #2727
Tech Elite

I agree with Racer X suggestion on Mission/Warpspeed chassis set-up. The less the chassis flexes, the more it uses the suspension. With the stock chassis, some of the chassis flex acts as suspension.

The Warpspeed chassis is more sensitive to suspension adjustments. You can see and feel the change easier, whether it is good or bad. I like the 3mm myself. I race on high traction and lower traction asphalt race tracks. I actually been doing better on the lower traction tracks with the 3mm.
cornerspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 06:26 PM   #2728
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well you guys(or gals) this coming weekend is my first big race at the regional 9 at reflex r/c. I hope to do good but I need more cornerspeed. Any suggestions would help a regular racer like me.
Old 08-20-2002, 06:49 PM   #2729
Tech Fanatic

hey guys,
with the stock chassis i am running 70wt all around. yellow schuie springs in the front and red schuie springs in the rear. if i run the warpspeed chassis, should i run a schuie silver in the front and a schuie yellow in the rear? also, should i change the oil to 80wt? what thickness would you guys recommend....i usually run on mid to high traction surfaces?

James Nguyen

Last edited by James Nguyen; 08-20-2002 at 06:52 PM.
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 07:30 PM   #2730
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Pit-racer
Well you guys(or gals) this coming weekend is my first big race at the regional 9 at reflex r/c. I hope to do good but I need more cornerspeed. Any suggestions would help a regular racer like me.
Run the Front one-way, Its works like a charm. You need to relearn how to drive the car again