R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-18-2002, 07:52 PM   #2701
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball

just to let you fellas know, i took the schuie to an Amain win today. my first. we've only hit the track these last few weeks, but we've spent all year running together with those cross dots on our own. so we were ready to go. this was just our third race weekend, and after bad electric problems the first week, we placed 4th and 6th last week in the amain. there were only 14 drivers in stock, but they were diggin the schumachers. this week it was a different club, and i TQ'd, beating the second place tc3 by 4 seconds...and an additional lap! these guys weren't hitting the boards either. i know i'm gonna catch some flack for this, but i was still running the 99 pro i got last spring. my friend set up an axis 2 last week...mine. and he fell in love with it. the nice part is that we share almost everypart, so we're always up and running. i just thought i'd share in my elation. did i spell that right? is it a word? anyway. i was also running the cs-32 glr's that i've been complaining about. it was on concrete and i was rolling enough not to experience the ribbing that i typically get on asphalt with the glr's. a great day all around. hope you had one too.

king-g - i can agree that the included insert is a bit low profile. next time i will likely build up the rim before i mount them. i must say though that the gap helps grip like mad, and today on concrete i was really impressed with the wear i got. i dunno. the verdict is still out for me. i have some cs-27's from the earlier insert days and they just feel better. i can't wait to bust them out in the fall for those few weeks the temp starts to drop.

later guys.
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2002, 10:22 PM   #2702
Tech Fanatic

Warpspeed Racing

For those of you who already have the new Warpspeed Chassis, what do you guys think of it. What thickness are you running? What does the kit come with? How is the quality of the carbon fiber (graphite)?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
James Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 09:47 AM   #2703
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K

James.....I just got the 3mm chassis last week and ran it this weekend. The chassis is very stiff in 3mm and the finnish is about what you would expect. You do need to file, sand and seal the edges as you would with any graphite chassis but nothing to hard. I ran the car this weekend and I noticed that the car was more responsive this would have to be do to the fact that the chassis does not flex near as much as the stock graphite one. Also the car seem to feel more balanced left to right, like it felt it turned the same in left and right handers. I would recomend this chassis to anyone that races on very high traction or wants a stiff chassis, if you like the chassis flex they offer the 2mm chassis that would be good outside and in low to med traction. The over all layout of this chassis is much more balanced and it is worth getting IMHO.
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 11:11 AM   #2704
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to JonB

If anyone is looking for a Mission for sale, I have mine on the for sale thread. Awesome condition...I have pics. Car's just not for me.
JonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 02:20 PM   #2705
Tech Fanatic

How do you guys build your shocks and get all of the air bled out of them? Also, how do you guys remove the foam conpensator cartridge? I rebuilt my shocks this weekend and they seem to still have air in them. Any tips from you guys would help. Thanks.

James Nguyen
james@autoworx.com
Old 08-19-2002, 03:26 PM   #2706
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I build mine pretty much just as the manual suggest. Just make sure that when you build them the first time, that you soak the foam in oil before installing it.
Old 08-19-2002, 04:16 PM   #2707
Tech Fanatic

how do you guys remove the foam conpensator cartridges from the shock cartridge?

James Nguyen
Old 08-19-2002, 04:39 PM   #2708
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to King-G

To remove the Foam bobbin cartridge, I poke a small wrench through the bottom, carefully, to not scratch or mar anything.

To build my shocks do as Darkseid said...
soak the bobbin the first time, then fill the body to the middle of the thread. ...even fill it to the top if you dont mind wasting some...as it will just ensure you dont get air inside.

Then make sure there is the recommended gap between the piston, and the bottom cap...
lower the piston into the oil slowly, to allow air to escape. Then slowly screw the bottom cap on...give it a wiggle as you screw it on to allow any air trapped to escape (the trick here is to screw it on steadily and slowly)..
Tighten all the way down. Now compress the shock shaft, this will compress all of the oil into the bobbin...now crack the bottom seal just until you feel it loosen....then compress the shaft, exess oil will escape, along with any trapped air...
now let go of the shaft..and re-tighten..the shaft should come out just a little..(1-2mm)

I find using this method, I get equal rebound first time, everytime.
I have found the schumacher shocks to be the best I have worked on, very consistent, and very easy to work on.

This is just my personal method, but give it a try, as it works for me...Note I have the Alloy bottoms..(shouldnt matter).

Last edited by King-G; 08-19-2002 at 04:44 PM.
King-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 05:56 PM   #2709
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to fireblade

One of my friends ran his warpspeed chassis and said it felt as if you were driving the car backwards.We ran it out at Ripon speedway, the thing I noticed about the stock chassis is that its too stiff. When you bareley hit a berm the car seems to flip over.
The warpspeed chassis took that chance down but felt really strange.
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 06:06 PM   #2710
Tech Fanatic

hey fireblade,
what's your name.....i race out at Ripon too.

James Nguyen
Old 08-19-2002, 06:07 PM   #2711
Tech Fanatic

Where did you guys get the Warpspeed chassis from? What was the cost and how many pieces did it come with?

James Nguyen
Old 08-19-2002, 08:56 PM   #2712
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

From what I've seen the S1 chassis has a little more flex to it compared to the two other chassis mentioned. You may also have to change your set up slightly with the new chassis. Give the guys about two weeks or so and they'll be right back to form (if they're out of form)

I think that Alex ran the new chassis at the roar nats.
Old 08-19-2002, 09:00 PM   #2713
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Fireblade ..... not sure who you are but I too race at Ripon in the expert stock class. I was running the pink bodied car. I am also running the Warpspeed chassis. Come buy and see me this weekend, this is Ruben, I'm running a pink Stratus 2.0 body. I'm ruuning the 2mm chassis and my car was hooked up on staurday night. Ran 20 laps, the only other car to go 20 was Doug Lemons. Car was by far the best it felt all summer, just too damn bad that I blew out my front one-way at the start of my main. I hate when that happens. I am not experiencing any of the problems you said you were. If you're having troubles with the car flipping on the burms most likely you have too little droop in you setup and are running the car to stiff. Drop me an email home or work

James .... I got my chassis from Scott at STRC Hobbies. He got two chassis week before last, I bought one and Charlie Ferrari bought the other. Scott will be getting more in I'm sure.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2002, 09:27 PM   #2714
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to fireblade

Ahh Ruben, I know you. Iam the kid in sportsman with the bleatched hair thaat is straight up. My name is Garrett, Know who iam?
fireblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 07:26 AM   #2715
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Garrett .... yes I know who you are. Drop me an email or come buy on Saturday and I'll give ya some help if you want.
schurcr is offline   Reply With Quote