Originally Posted by ryan sparks
curious about the differences in the mi3 and 3.5
got a good deal on a mi3 but dont know much about it! thanks!
The Mi3.5 is essentially the Mi3 with additions that make the car stronger and faster - these are the things that the team drivers have been racing and are available as upgrade parts - but the Mi3.5 gives you them all in one package.
From the Schumacher site... the things that have changed;
* Cars now pre assembled ready to use.
* Improved 5 or 6 cell carbon fibre chassis option & EU Top Deck.
* Improved Lightweight diff mounts.
* New Shock cap for improved shock bleeding and rebound options.
* Improved CV drive shafts with thinner bones and spring steel axle.
* New front hub carrier with improved ackerman tuning options.
* New medium Flex wishbones for increased traction and better impact absorption.
* Fully adjustable, suspension geometry, wheelbase, caster, camber, roll centre, track width, ackerman, droop, anti dive, anti squat, front toe in/out, ride height and much more.
* Efficient transmission with twin Kevlar belts and precision CNC pulleys.
* Alloy eccentric adjusters for optimum belt tension. Easy diff height adjustment to allow changes in drive shaft plunge. This can be used to increase or decrease traction.
* Industry first static layshaft with ultra low rotating mass gear pulley assembly.
* Quick release diffs Just 2 screws!!
* Super easy to work on design.
* Symmetrical chassis layout with few screws minimises tweak.
* Alloy CV drive shafts with spring steel axles and low friction blades.
* Stiff 3mm shock towers with optimised shock positions.
* Lightweight machined diff pulley, Ceramic diff balls, aerospace thrust bearing.
* Heavy duty front spool with CNC pulley.
* Twin pivot block design allows infinite adjustment of roll centres, toe-in, anti-squat, and track width on front and rear.
* New twin axis inner camber links for infinite camber link height and length adjustment.
* Fully adjustable steering including Velocity Ratio, Ackermann Angle and Ackerman Rate.
* Lightweight foam bumper.
* Spring steel suspension pins.
* Purple alloy M3 and M4 nuts.
* Battery fixing with tape or optional battery strap.
* Speed secret parts available to fine tune to all track conditions.
Pro only specs;
* Titanium Turnbuckles.
* Ultra Low Anti roll bars.
* Ultra smooth Nickel-Teflon plated threaded alloy shock absorbers for extreme smoothness and durability.
* 2mm Aerospace carbon fibre chassis and top deck with optimised flex.