Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Schumacher Corner >

Schumacher Corner

Schumacher Corner

Old 10-20-2008, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barger
I think the lypo tray above sticks out to far...unbalances the car.I have the tray that sticks out about 3mm...I dremeled out the bulkheads and fitted a core 5000...the car is still balanced and I only had to add 10gms of weight to bring the car up to legal weight...and all the weight is under the battery.
i was worried about that. it seems like alot with the added weight as well as the 5mm extra. I think i am going to try Sweet Jerome's idea!!!
Old 10-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

One thing that can help with balancing your car is to switch your front and rear differentials and run your front belt on the right side and rear on the left. This way you can stick you ESC and reciever in further. It won't work with nimh though. I use CORE 5000 lipos that I have sitting flush with the right side of the chassis with the stainless steel inserts from ppdbillet. my car is perfectly balanced left to right and weights exactly 50.0 oz.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I enjoyed meeting the Schumacher guys at the IHOBBY show. I was really surprised to see Robyn there. Also, Solara really knows how to jump that CAT SX!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Chris...get your Mi3 ready....I will have my CAT aiming to your HEAD>>>>>LOL
Old 10-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grease
One thing that can help with balancing your car is to switch your front and rear differentials and run your front belt on the right side and rear on the left.
method witnessed and approved.

grease builds a good car, and actually knows what's going on. lol.

good luck to him, and anyone else coming down for the halloween classic. i think we peaked at 250 entries. and we even have a rubber tire class that's well attended this time 'round.

thanks again, to shawn and adam at schumacher usa for contributing as a title sponsor.
Old 10-23-2008, 09:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Were here for you guys Capt. Seaballs

Originally Posted by seaball
method witnessed and approved.

grease builds a good car, and actually knows what's going on. lol.

good luck to him, and anyone else coming down for the halloween classic. i think we peaked at 250 entries. and we even have a rubber tire class that's well attended this time 'round.

thanks again, to shawn and adam at schumacher usa for contributing as a title sponsor.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Had a nightmare at Rug Racers (UK Event) on Sunday, the Sweep 32's seem to have a great amount of grip....too much in fact.

It meant no matter what I did I couldn't get the back end to stay planted during some of the corners.

I stood the front shocks up, layed the backs down (not all the way), raised the front RC to 1mm (rear left at 1.5mm), 40W Blue Springs front, 35W White Springs at the back.
Roughly 3 deg rear toe, 1.4mm front roll bar, 1.2mm then no rear roll bar.

I like the amount of steering I had in the slow corners, but not at the expense of rear grip in the faster stuff.

Last years setup, using LRP 27's had stiffer rear roll bar, rear shocks more upright and front shocks leant in and I was still having trouble getting the car to turn.

Any suggestions to stabilise the car?

Thanks
Skiddins
Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Skiddins...Did you try making the rear camber link over all longer in length? If you make the rear camber link longer it will slow that end of the car down more in the high speed sections.....maybe outside hole on the rear hub or move the mount in closer to the bulk head 1mm or 1.5mm and try that. What was your overall wheel base like....making it longer will help make it more stable. Also what body were you using? And or try moving the wing further back on the mounts. If you think the car is close dont do anything too drastic its likely something small that will make a big change for you.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Initiate

on carpet car set up works other way round from tarmac i found by making the end you want to have less grip sofen and the end you want more grip stiffen.
i can send you my carpet wars set up to try if you want???
Old 10-23-2008, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

I copied Chris Ashtons DHI setup and it was fine from the off.

Maybe increasing the front droop will help, but thats usually for more ON power rear grip

If its OFF power going through the slow stuff, then i'd suggest changing your rear roll centre, lower the camber link inner...soo add .5 at first, then go from there

As Tim says, go up one spring rate all round, thall give you more grip overall aswell
Old 10-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Tech Rookie

there are ways to make the car better but the main reason is the chassis !
at 2 mm its too thin , as the car goes through the corner its loading up , making the car feel very loose ,through the fast technical sections the car will just push as the chassis reaches max flex then it will let go .
try and get a 2.5 or 3mm chassis then you will really notice the difference
glenn
Old 10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Elite

Cheers guy's.

I'm already running the 2.5mm chassis.

The camber links have 2mm spacers on the inside (horizontal) and 2.5mm vertical.

Wheelbase as per kit.

Timmay that would be great thanks.

As I recall most of the main setups available (Including Chris's are for 5cell, where the weight distribution is different)

Skiddins
Old 10-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timmay langdell
on carpet car set up works other way round from tarmac i found by making the end you want to have less grip sofen and the end you want more grip stiffen.
i can send you my carpet wars set up to try if you want???

same for me,

last year, on fresh carpet no groove car was dailed, as the groove came in i started to traction roll, stiffened the front, and it got worse, went really heavy on the oil and spring, and it snapped rolled, went softer at a later meeting and it was good.
Old 10-24-2008, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

I had a reply on the main Schumacher forum that they belived the Sweep 32 tyres gave too much grip, he went back to VTEC's and the problems disappeared.

So if it's down to the tyres, would lengthening the front wheelbase etc help?

What about the upper links (vertical) how would a change to the number of spacers help, it's a setting I rarely change and only did so recently as I was destroying the outside edge of my tyres outdoors.

I also use a Moorespeed Mazda 6 with the high downforce wing as far back as rules allow.

Skiddins
Old 10-24-2008, 11:10 AM
Tech Initiate

you have pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.