R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2008, 06:49 AM   #26431
Tech Master
 
Mr. McGoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,636
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

I have received a few pm's, but when we first ordered these, this is who got on the list of wanting upgrade kits.

Marc 2
AWD 3
Yang 2
Marker 2
Goetz 2
JB 2
Zane (Zaner24) 1
Kling 1
Joey (jdm19turn) 1
Wes 2
Derek England 1
Tim Getchell 1
Ritchie Reynolds 2
Marcos 1

That total comes to 23. I think Larry has made 26 or 27. Just to keep it fair - I am going to go back and look at my PM's to see who has asked previously and sort out the extra's accordingly.

I am crazy busy this week with work, so if i do not get back to you right away, don't worry, i haven't forgot about you.

I still have to order a few parts and get everything anodized, but everything should be good to go here within a few weeks.

I will keep everyone up to date.

mm
__________________
XRAY | RCAMERICA | HUDY | Team Tamale
Mr. McGoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 07:18 AM   #26432
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Arlington, Texas
Posts: 1,052
Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
I can't believe how tight the car is without any binding with the new pieces. The best part is I expect it to stay that way since I wont have to pop ball cups off any more to get to the camber shims or to remove the diffs. I can just loosen the balls with the 3 mm screw! The other bonus is how accessible the screws are, including the set screw that holds the hingepins in. You can loosen and adjust any of the screws without having to dissasseble anything. And, as always Larry's stuff is pretty enough to be considered art. I can't thank him and McGoo enough for the hard work, time and money they poured into making this a reality for us!
Good deal, I'm glad you all came up with a solution. I know Chris was frustrated from these being bent so easily.

I can't wait to get all you Schurple guys back on the track racing again....
__________________
KSN
kn7671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 AM   #26433
Tech Elite
 
seaball's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 4,303
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to seaball
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. McGoo View Post
I have received a few pm's, but when we first ordered these, this is who got on the list of wanting upgrade kits.

Marc 2
AWD 3
Yang 2
Marker 2
Goetz 2
JB 2
Zane (Zaner24) 1
Kling 1
Joey (jdm19turn) 1
Wes 2
Derek England 1
Tim Getchell 1
Ritchie Reynolds 2
Marcos 1

That total comes to 23. I think Larry has made 26 or 27. Just to keep it fair - I am going to go back and look at my PM's to see who has asked previously and sort out the extra's accordingly.

I am crazy busy this week with work, so if i do not get back to you right away, don't worry, i haven't forgot about you.

I still have to order a few parts and get everything anodized, but everything should be good to go here within a few weeks.

I will keep everyone up to date.

mm
marc,

thanks for all your hard work (and funding) on this. especially during busy times where i know you're looking for a break. i think everyone's going to be very happy with their investment on these. let me know if you need an anodizer to go to. the guy that does rcamerica's stuff seems to do nice work and is near you.

ps - i think kling's set might become available once he responds to this. someone get ahold of him if you can.
__________________
*** The Gate II - Home of Mike Wise ***
seaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:36 AM   #26434
Tech Elite
 
squarehead's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wheaton, Illinois
Posts: 4,211
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Default

Mi3.5 PRO and RACE, eh? Gonna be an upgrade kit for the Mi3? Actually, I just want to know what the "upgraded shock caps" are.


Looks nice... how about a LiPo chassis?
__________________
Everything depends.
Nothing is always.
Everything is sometimes.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:39 AM   #26435
Tech Elite
 
squarehead's Avatar
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Wheaton, Illinois
Posts: 4,211
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead
Default

Should probably throw a photo up there, too... haven't seen it here before.



http://www.racing-cars.com/usa/main.asp?sitepages=mi35
__________________
Everything depends.
Nothing is always.
Everything is sometimes.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:41 AM   #26436
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,217
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

The "upgraded shock caps" are the newer ones with the top and side bleed holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed View Post
Mi3.5 PRO and RACE, eh? Gonna be an upgrade kit for the Mi3? Actually, I just want to know what the "upgraded shock caps" are.


Looks nice... how about a LiPo chassis?
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:47 AM   #26437
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 1,891
Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529
Default

I agree about a lipo chassis w/ battery holder that prevents the battery from moving side to side. I had to make my own.
__________________
Chirag Patel (San Diego, CA)
cpatel529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 08:50 AM   #26438
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,217
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Servo tape the U3222 to the top of the LiPo works great, no need to make your own

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529 View Post
I agree about a lipo chassis w/ battery holder that prevents the battery from moving side to side. I had to make my own.
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:14 AM   #26439
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 26,969
Trader Rating: 181 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
Servo tape the U3222 to the top of the LiPo works great, no need to make your own
+1
__________________
RACE OPT USA
Bartolo Racing R/C
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:20 AM   #26440
Tech Champion
 
Kevin K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: In a land of mini-mighty mental giants
Posts: 8,828
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kevin K Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin K
Default

Wow this is some good news....good to See Schumacher making a entry level race car....$299.99 for the 3.5 Racer thats a very nice price to get someone into sedan. Nice to see the cars come built whos the lucky person that gets to build them???
__________________
2013 USVTA World Champion of the World
MOTIV RC presents the Midwest All-Star Carpet Series....15th year running 2017/18!!!
USVTA National Championship....check it out!!!
Im only responsible for what I say NOT what you understand.
Kevin K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:22 AM   #26441
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,217
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

NOT IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Wow this is some good news....good to See Schumacher making a entry level race car....$299.99 for the 3.5 Racer thats a very nice price to get someone into sedan. Nice to see the cars come built whos the lucky person that gets to build them???
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:59 AM   #26442
Tech Apprentice
 
mads creations's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Aarhus, Denmark
Posts: 56
Default

I'm still wondering if it would be cheapest for me if I buy the 3.5 and sell my 3 with the lightweight bulkheads or keeping my 3 and simply buying the upgrades such as eu top deck, 5 cell chassis and titanium turnbuckles.

But it looks cool. Now I can finally recommend the schumacher without silenty saying you have to spend extra money on the lightweight parts
__________________
Visit my paint shop at:
Tages-Garage.com
mads creations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 11:00 AM   #26443
Tech Champion
 
abailey21's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,217
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

That is the intention my friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mads creations View Post
I'm still wondering if it would be cheapest for me if I buy the 3.5 and sell my 3 with the lightweight bulkheads or keeping my 3 and simply buying the upgrades such as eu top deck, 5 cell chassis and titanium turnbuckles.

But it looks cool. Now I can finally recommend the schumacher without silenty saying you have to spend extra money on the lightweight parts
__________________
K.C.C.O.
abailey21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:16 PM   #26444
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Brisbane. Australia
Posts: 1,820
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

ok so is the mi3.5just the mi3 with all the upgrades like medium flex arms and lw bulk heads titanium everything or are there some upgrades that we cant buy seperately? can u upgrade a mi3 to 3.5 spec? if so what parts are needed?
__________________
Josh P
to make Keith happy
Corally phi
M11
SP GT
SP 5.5,17.5
aus jd 2703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #26445
Tech Champion
 
heavy's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 5,111
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default

The biggest change is in the way the car is packaged - you can now get all the good bits without having to add them later or you can get a cheaper S1 version without the Titanium etc.

The new bits are
- New - Cars now assembled ready to use - New -

- New - Improved 5 or 6 cell carbon fibre chassis option & ‘EU’ Top Deck - New -

- New - Improved Lightweight diff mounts - New -

- New - Shock cap for improved shock bleeding and rebound options - New -

- New - Improved CV drive shafts with thinner bones and spring steel axle - New

- New - Front hub carrier with improved ackerman tuning options - New -

- New - Medium Flex wishbones for increased traction and better impact absorption - New -



Nothing you can't buy for your Mi3.

If you buy the cheaper version the only major drawback looks like teh old style shocks.
__________________
Honorary Life Member Logan RCCC -Mi6EVO and Serpent F1
Honorary Life Member Chargers RCCC -Cat K1 Aero
Life Member Bayside RCCC -Schumacher Mi6EVO
Boondall. SuperShot, XX, SVR,Schumacher Storm BigWig
heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Corner Dots anyone? RCGaryK Electric On-Road 19 07-03-2006 11:12 PM
On the Corner RC-HPI R/C Photography 0 08-02-2005 10:53 PM
Snowbirds Around the Corner scarecrow Florida Racing 20 01-27-2005 10:43 AM
1/12th Corner GT Racer Singapore R/C Racers 26 03-04-2004 06:59 AM
Shumacher Corner in Aus jamesbaxter_81 Australian Racing 6 01-08-2004 02:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net